Psychedelics for migraines

Yana

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Lizzie Hall said:

I used psilocybin. Still in remission.

...hi @Lizzie Hall, have heard very little on the sites i visit re psilo and migraine. could you share type, dosage, frequency, etc. would be valuable info for newbies on a strategy that worked....

Edited by jon019
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

MM did not seem to make a big difference with my migraines but RC seeds seemed to help some. They took me from 5 to 7 days to 1 to 3 a week. This lasted for a couple of years until they stopped having good results. I was back up to 3 to 5 days a week. I am on Nurtec 1 every other day and have been headache free now for a little over 3 weeks. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I am positive there is some connection between migraines and CH, but my own experience is not particularly in favour of psychedelics helping migraines. Until my late 20s I had occasional migraines and no CH, then when CH started I got no migraines ever - so whatever happened to my neurochemistry affected both conditions. 

The past 2 years or so I have been using RC seeds to treat my episodic CH with probably a 80-90% chance of them aborting a cycle, it rarely fails. However, it is very common since taking RC seeds for me to get one or two migraines after the 3rd dose and this signals an end to the CH cycle. I have started getting occasional migraines in general again after a >15 year remission. 

Therefore this suggests to me that LSA (or RC seeds specifically, NOT mushrooms) definitely affects the migraine circuit of my brain but , in my case, not in a positive way. 

Edited by Jamesmsv
edited to correct spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2021 at 3:13 PM, mit12 said:

MM did not seem to make a big difference with my migraines but RC seeds seemed to help some. They took me from 5 to 7 days to 1 to 3 a week. This lasted for a couple of years until they stopped having good results. I was back up to 3 to 5 days a week. I am on Nurtec 1 every other day and have been headache free now for a little over 3 weeks. 

I apologize, I'm new here.

I've been in a miserable intractable, familial hemiplegic migraine for going on 10 years. I'm SERIOUSLY in need of help!

What are RC seeds? Rivea corymbosa?

Thank you to anyone out there!

Sam

23 hours ago, jon019 said:

hi Sam...welcome

...yes on RC...

....see the blue banner at top to start: "new users-please read here first" lotsa good stuff...feel free to ask any questions

best

jon

Thank you, Jon! Not sure how I totally missed that. Loli figured out the RC thing. Will now read the welcome! :-)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/26/2023 at 6:54 PM, jon019 said:

hi Sam...welcome

...yes on RC...

....see the blue banner at top to start: "new users-please read here first" lotsa good stuff...feel free to ask any questions

best

jon

Ok, this is concerning, as I cannot Not use Triptans, or else it's a visit to the ER. 

Ty for the attention to the "Read First", as it also provides hyperlinks to specific topics/concerns. My brain initially just skipped right past that.

On 8/13/2021 at 10:20 AM, Yana said:

Has anyone else found DMT helpful for migraines?  I had a very mild experience with a DMT vapepen and haven't had a migraine since whereas usually I have at least 2 a week.

This was mentioned in the Migraine World Summit as potentially helpful for migraine. I'm glad it's working for you!

On 11/19/2021 at 5:51 PM, jon019 said:

...hi @Lizzie Hall, have heard very little on the sites i visit re psilo and migraine. could you share type, dosage, frequency, etc. would be valuable info for newbies on a strategy that worked....

I would also love to hear of the specifics. The Migraine World Summit had an interview about Psychedelics & Migraine. Good stuff! Though only one (at Yale) study is being done currently in the US. Most are overseas. 

On 1/11/2023 at 1:59 AM, Jamesmsv said:

I am positive there is some connection between migraines and CH, but my own experience is not particularly in favour of psychedelics helping migraines. Until my late 20s I had occasional migraines and no CH, then when CH started I got no migraines ever - so whatever happened to my neurochemistry affected both conditions. 

The past 2 years or so I have been using RC seeds to treat my episodic CH with probably a 80-90% chance of them aborting a cycle, it rarely fails. However, it is very common since taking RC seeds for me to get one or two migraines after the 3rd dose and this signals an end to the CH cycle. I have started getting occasional migraines in general again after a >15 year remission. 

Therefore this suggests to me that LSA (or RC seeds specifically, NOT mushrooms) definitely affects the migraine circuit of my brain but , in my case, not in a positive way. 

Fantastic to know! Ty for sharing! I've been reluctant to try RC seeds for migraine. Especially since I rely so heavily on Sumatriptan (counterproductive). If I proceed, it will be with an extra level of caution. Ty!

On 12/3/2021 at 3:13 PM, mit12 said:

Did you happen to take any Triptans during RC?