Why I love this place: A parable

CHfather

A Hasidic parable tells the story of a man who died and found himself on the other side. He was standing there and there were two huge halls in front of him. One was labeled Heaven; the other was labeled Hell. And an angel took the man on a little journey. First, he took him into Hell. In Hell, there was a huge banquet table filled with every delicacy a human could ever eat, beautiful strawberries, kiwi fruit, and exotic delicacies that words cannot describe. Everyone was sitting at this huge banquet table, but all of their arms, from the wrist up to the shoulder, were wrapped inside of a very tight cast. They could not bend their elbows. There was moaning and gnashing and cursing and screaming, because although people sat at this huge wonderful table, they couldnÂ’t bend their elbows to pick up the food and eat it. This truly was Hell.

The angel said, “Now come here, let me show you something.” They walked next door into Heaven. They see the same banquet table filled with delicacies to delight the angels, and people are still sitting at the table. This man notices, quite to his astonishment, that everyone still has the casts on their arms. They can’t bend their elbows at all. But here in Heaven, everyone is laughing and giggling and smiling and singing wonderful songs and feasting on this glorious banquet. The man was a bit perplexed, until he noticed that here in Heaven people were picking up the food, and with their locked arms, reaching across the table to feed their fellow man.

A wonderful story that does indeed parallel the experiences, that I have certainly found, on this site.  Without the suggestions, products and encouragement, I wouldn't be as PF as I am today.

Thanks for posting and THANK YOU ALL !!

weatherman

p.s.    O2 RULES !!!  :)

A wonderful story that does indeed parallel the experiences, that I have certainly found, on this site.Without the suggestions, products and encouragement, I wouldn't be as PF as I am today.

Thanks for posting and THANK YOU ALL !!

What weatherman said!

Thanks so much CHfather!!