Just What do they Mean by Biological  Clock

BoscoPiko

I suppose I'm just confused, but I assume like many others that are experiencing pain of this magnitude, you research and try to learn as much as you can? One thing I keep coming across is biological  clock. I get that sleep is a factor and I cant sleep when my brain is on the fritz but I always thought I slept ok prior? My husband did tell me I had a bad habit of cursing in my sleep which I thought to be a bit funny but what do they really mean? I'm lost on the biological? He also said I am a teeth grinder. No I don't have a tooth ache. I remember the day this came on and I was just sitting there minding my own, got up to let the dog in and said F! what was that! I thought I had a brain freeze without Ice then one by one they pilled on in consecutive order and started to kill my brain. Bottles of NISADS started to pile up as did the desperate calls to the my health care provider. They told me I had migraine and to go lay down in a dark room with a cold towel? What? I don't think you understood? This just jumped my brain? Attacked me from the inside out? No dark room, no cold towel no way can I lay down? Did you hear me? My head is trying to kill me with an ice pick every three seconds? You get that?  Quickly I started to hate her as she started me on a propanol and gave me a script for 25mg of some triptan. None of this helped. I later learned that she gave me a triptan dosage of what would have been given to an infant with migraine.?? Then one day she asked me if I could the difference between my headaches? I hung up. Had no clue what I was going to do... Just knew she wasn't going to help me.. I don't know why I'm writing this I really don't.. I suppose I just am .. I'm not brave enough to bust.. But I have a mouth on me sorry! I keep thinking I'm out of this cycle and then spike to the brain and I get mad! But its really been better since the D3 REG so this is a vent! That's all (I haven't even had a spike today its the depression) it will pass.        

Yes, getting pain free will make your brain happy. And plenty angry with the ones who were supposed to fix it and failed miserably!! Why? Because they DID NOT LISTEN!!

Venting is certainly understood here!! We all get really frustrated with lousy doctors who insist that we have something we don't and refuse to listen to what we are saying. Women in particular face this wall of ignorance. :wacko: Some fools still think that women can't take pain the way that men can and are just wimps!!! Well, let them pop out a 7 lb'er and say that. 

Biological clock refers to the natural wake/sleep cycles of our bodies and the hormones released at certain times during that 24 hour cycle. So, you get some that are released when you sleep and some when you are awake. Ergo, the timing of your sleep should be pretty regular to help regulate those hormones. 

I am so happy to read that the D3 is helping!! It really can be amazing. Just vitamins to get rid of this shite? Yes please! :) Keep taking it! Have you had your labs yet to see where your D is currently? You might need a bit more to get to home base!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spiny said:

Yes, getting pain free will make your brain happy. And plenty angry with the ones who were supposed to fix it and failed miserably!! Why? Because they DID NOT LISTEN!!

Venting is certainly understood here!! We all get really frustrated with lousy doctors who insist that we have something we don't and refuse to listen to what we are saying. Women in particular face this wall of ignorance. :wacko: Some fools still think that women can't take pain the way that men can and are just wimps!!! Well, let them pop out a 7 lb'er and say that. 

Biological clock refers to the natural wake/sleep cycles of our bodies and the hormones released at certain times during that 24 hour cycle. So, you get some that are released when you sleep and some when you are awake. Ergo, the timing of your sleep should be pretty regular to help regulate those hormones. 

I am so happy to read that the D3 is helping!! It really can be amazing. Just vitamins to get rid of this shite? Yes please! :) Keep taking it! Have you had your labs yet to see where your D is currently? You might need a bit more to get to home base!!

Thanks for the info! No labs as of yet. I ordered a home finger prick test kit that was suggested to me by the D3 hero on here because my handy dandy insurance provider wants me to go through a bunch of Covid hoops to enter the lab and I'm just not down for that junk. I should have the kit sometime next week then be able to mail it and get the results in another week or so.  Thanks for the response to my scattered rant and 7lbs ouch!

• Like 1

BoscoPiko,

Our biological clock is something odd.  The docs don't know much about our CH, but one thing they can see on scans during an attack.  The Hypothalamus in our brain freaks out during an attack.  The Hypothalamus regulates most anything that's on a cycle for our bodies.  Wake, sleep but also sex, hunger, temperature some emotions and other things that follow a rhythm. 

New doc definitely sounds in order.  I've learned over the years that we're our own best advocate.  It's rare that a doc actually listens :( 

J

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ThatHurtsMyHead said:

BoscoPiko,

Our biological clock is something odd.  The docs don't know much about our CH, but one thing they can see on scans during an attack.  The Hypothalamus in our brain freaks out during an attack.  The Hypothalamus regulates most anything that's on a cycle for our bodies.  Wake, sleep but also sex, hunger, temperature some emotions and other things that follow a rhythm. 

New doc definitely sounds in order.  I've learned over the years that we're our own best advocate.  It's rare that a doc actually listens :( 

J

I keep trying to reply to this and I'm getting an error msg. 

53 minutes ago, BoscoPiko said:

I keep trying to reply to this and I'm getting an error msg. 

Well, I suppose there will be no removing the Hypo then… Joking… And yes, I did find a new Doc after she asked me if I could tell the difference between the types of headaches I was having (I’ve only ever described one). I do have a decent Neuro now, but I sure do wish I could find one that actually suffered from CH themselves… That I think would really be something…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BoscoPiko said:

I sure do wish I could find one that actually suffered from CH themselves… That I think would really be something…

Dr. Lee Kudrow, who had CH, founded the first private headache center in the western US and in 1981 he published the first substantial research on oxygen for CH.  I think he might have been the first to consider O2 as a treatment, but I'm not sure about that.  He was the first to recognize medication overuse headaches.  His son, David, runs that clinic now (somewhere in California, but I'm not sure where).  His daughter is the actor Lisa Kudrow.

• Like 2

Wow. Cool who knew .. Thank you for the response to y mini melt. :) I love her! Although I  am a Golden girls fan when I am in cycle (don't ask me why) ..?? Anyhow. I'm not brave enough to be a buster yet and am trying different ways of manhandling my mask.. Thank you for taking the time to poop.. lol joking pop on here and respond to me:)