Share your experience on Stuff That Works!

HeadacheDood9000

I have just found this excellent website, where solutions to chronic conditions are crowd sourced.

I suffered a debilitating 2 week episode last year but owe my recovery to the resources on this website that led me to explore treating my CH with MM. 

I feel indebted to help others in the same situation! Please consider sharing your experience on there so that others can find solutions too.

https://www.stuffthatworks.health/cluster-headache

Thank you. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I’m a 23 year cluster sufferer. I discovered high flow oxygen as the best non synthetic/least side effect way to mitigate onset of “hell” about 10 years ago. Of course cost has been out of pocket since insurance won’t cover it. Well, I had a heavenly 3 year remission until 2 days before our thanksgiving vacation to cabo. After the two bouts I muscled through during travel and the first day in cabo spent crying with head buried in the couch, my friend found a doctor that rented me an oxygen concentrator for $75 a day. It helped but def longer than straight high flow O2 from bottle. While sucking on the O2 in hotel room I researched latest breakthrough treatments and found this site advocating psilocybin as an option. 
I immediately ground up and capsulated all the shrooms I had (I had some laying around I used a couple times of year recreationally) and started microdosing in lieu of getting oxygen. It worked about as well as O2. I read a bit about vaporized microdose DMT as a possible relief as well but had a hard time finding it until today. I was handed a dmt vape pen by a friend that heard I was wanting to try anything that might help my headaches. When my 9:00 pm headache started to build I took a @1 second hit off the dmt vape pen and felt the headache drift away in seconds! I had a slight visual anomaly for a couple minutes ( the grass under foot seemed to be moving) but it subsided quickly. The small hit from the dmt was mostly sub psychotropic and CH was gone. I’m going to keep using this method and will post results through the rest of this episode of headaches. I hope results continue to be as positive as tonight’s first try. 

• Like 3

I neglected to mention I started the psilocybin microdose immediately after I got home from cabo. No, I didn’t have shrooms with me in Mexico! Im 2 weeks into episode and the headaches have been increasing in intensity so the dmt experience is all the more incredible! Mere seconds to no pain! 

• Like 1

Welcome to the board Anthobob. Sorry you need to be here, but glad that you found us.

Yes. DMT has been used by some with good success.

Not sure how you are using the word 'microdose', but we consider that a very low dose of 0.3gm's or so. The standard is sort of a level one dose of about 1.2gm's. Enough to know that you took some. Please poke around and read a bit. There is a protocol and method that is used. Normally three busts all five days apart. You will find a lot of info in the Clusterbuster Files section of the board.

You could start your own thread too, just to introduce yourself to the community. :)

• Like 2

@Anthobob, thank you for letting us know about your experiences!  That information helps a lot.  

On 12/4/2021 at 5:28 AM, spiny said:

Not sure how you are using the word 'microdose', but we consider that a very low dose of 0.3gm's or so. The standard is sort of a level one dose of about 1.2gm's. Enough to know that you took some. Please poke around and read a bit. There is a protocol and method that is used. Normally three busts all five days apart. You will find a lot of info in the Clusterbuster Files section of the board.

You could start your own thread too, just to introduce yourself to the community. :)

Yes to all that.  Busting basics are listed under the blue "New Users . . . " banner at the top of each page.

An example of something else you might want to learn about is the Vitamin D3 regimen that has helped virtually everyone who has seriously undertaken it. I think the latest version is here, but I always feel like there are new wrinkles that might not be reflected there: https://vitamindwiki.com/Cluster+headaches+substantially+reduced+by+10%2C000+IU+of+Vitamin+D+in+80+percent+of+people   The search bar at the top right of the page can sometimes be helpful, but if you start a thread you'll get more direct advice.

• Like 2

Edit: you were inquiring about a website and not what worked for each of us? At least I think that is how I was supposed to take it. I closed the site, as I refuse to be forced into becoming a member to read about efficacious treatments.  I hope that you find the proper treatment(s). Sometimes it is an experiment, and when you think you have it, it is back to square one. Good luck.