Anything till then

Patheticfern

Hi Fern and welcome. Glad that you found us! You will find a lot of info in the blue banner above that says New Members....

Avoid MSG, alcohol, fermented foods etc. Eat clean. Msg can bring on one right quick for some.

Caffeine: In an Energy drink or shot, V Energy, or coffee. If you can hack the Energy shots, some say the taurine in them is helpful. Otherwise, any strong caffeine. Most want them ice cold. Slam it down - drink quickly, at the very start of a hit. 

You can hyperventilate too and exhale with a crunch to get rid of the CO2 in your lungs. Many will suck in the cold air from an AC vent in the car. There are proponents of ice packs too. 

A really hot bath - shallow - helps some by opening the blood vessels in the legs. I have sat in many a screaming hot bath. I just kept adding more and put a cold cloth on my head. Well, cold water type cold. Not ice! 

Benadryl can help a lot too. Take only at night if it makes you too sleepy. Also, there is Melatonin in  the 20-25mg amount. Do not take both at once! Try one, then when you know how it affects your balance, etc. Then you can add the other. Add the Melatonin 10mg to start. Or less. 

If you get hit at night, then sleep in a recliner with your head above your heart. It will enable you to get up and hitting the caffeine, cold air, hot bath, whatever works for you. We are all different. Some get great relief from an ice cube held against the roof of the mouth on the CH side.

How about your experience so far? Share a bit so we can help you better.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, spiny said:

Hi Fern and welcome. Glad that you found us! You will find a lot of info in the blue banner above that says New Members....

Avoid MSG, alcohol, fermented foods etc. Eat clean. Msg can bring on one right quick for some.

Caffeine: In an Energy drink or shot, V Energy, or coffee. If you can hack the Energy shots, some say the taurine in them is helpful. Otherwise, any strong caffeine. Most want them ice cold. Slam it down - drink quickly, at the very start of a hit. 

You can hyperventilate too and exhale with a crunch to get rid of the CO2 in your lungs. Many will suck in the cold air from an AC vent in the car. There are proponents of ice packs too. 

A really hot bath - shallow - helps some by opening the blood vessels in the legs. I have sat in many a screaming hot bath. I just kept adding more and put a cold cloth on my head. Well, cold water type cold. Not ice! 

Benadryl can help a lot too. Take only at night if it makes you too sleepy. Also, there is Melatonin in  the 20-25mg amount. Do not take both at once! Try one, then when you know how it affects your balance, etc. Then you can add the other. Add the Melatonin 10mg to start. Or less. 

If you get hit at night, then sleep in a recliner with your head above your heart. It will enable you to get up and hitting the caffeine, cold air, hot bath, whatever works for you. We are all different. Some get great relief from an ice cube held against the roof of the mouth on the CH side.

How about your experience so far? Share a bit so we can help you better.

I'm supper sorry you are going through this.. Spiny just gave you the Bible.  Can you give us some background? We all tell eachother what meds. Etc. But if you are the private type I get that as well. 

• Like 2

I too salute Spiny's bible dispensation above! I'll just emphasize a couple tidbits

• Doubly avoid alcohol - it is a HUGE trigger for so many.
  • Holding an ice cube against roof of mouth while breathing freezing air from that blasting car air conditioner vent , until a soothing in comparison "ice cream headache" develops and CH disappears, has been an abort technique that has helped some, sometimes - if caught at onset.
  • Lots of CHers have ditched the medical RX O2 in favor of welding O2 (which is reputedly the same stuff), available without prescription.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Bejeeber said:

I too salute Spiny's bible dispensation above! I'll just emphasize a couple tidbits

• Doubly avoid alcohol - it is a HUGE trigger for so many.
  • Holding an ice cube against roof of mouth while breathing freezing air from that blasting car air conditioner vent , until a soothing in comparison "ice cream headache" develops and CH disappears, has been an abort technique that has helped some, sometimes - if caught at onset.
  • Lots of CHers have ditched the medical RX O2 in favor of welding O2 (which is reputedly the same stuff), available without prescription.

Ice cube on the roof of the mouth while breathing freezing air. Added to the the tool box!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1