Demonic possession?

lp3

I sure act like I'm possessed during an attack sometimes LOL..Curse words randomly flying out of my mouth, odd leg jerks etc. However, I'm fully aware of what's going on so I would have to say no. Wish I was then it would be simple, we could all go get an exorcism and call it good;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, BoscoPiko said:

I sure act like I'm possessed during an attack sometimes LOL..Curse words randomly flying out of my mouth, odd leg jerks etc

LOL between this typical behavior during a hit, and our tendency to personalize CH as a beast or demon, I guess I can't blame anyone for considering literal demonic possession. 

At least when they remake the Exorcist we should be hired on as consultants/producers for the possession scenes. 

• Haha 2

...i get it...there were times when an attack/cycle seemed so malevolent, intentional, designed and implacable that the thought of the beast as "entity" was nearly overwhelming. didn't wanna go there, but it served as a convenient anger sponge.  eventually learned to direct the anger toward collecting the knowledge, tools and strategies for battling "the beast".....

Edited by jon019
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, jon019 said:

...i get it...there were times when an attack/cycle seemed so malevolent, intentional, designed and implacable that the thought of the beast as "entity" was nearly overwhelming. didn't wanna go there, but it served as a convenient anger sponge.  eventually learned to direct the anger toward collecting the knowledge, tools and strategies for battling "the beast".....

Love the term "anger sponge". I seriously need a stash of those!! I must admit that I have often thought of CH as some sort of cruel punishment for something I did wrong.. So I suppose the thought of possession is not far from that...Maybe our minds just want so badly to believe that somehow, someway it's something other than a neurological un-curable issue. I find that I prefer the worm in the nose theory I read on here while poking around...Who knows, maybe one day a cure will be just a shot away...

• Like 4

The most haunting song ever created right there (IMO). Stones at their peak, with the cool, and just passed, Charlie Watts on drums.

1 hour ago, BoscoPiko said:

CH as some sort of cruel punishment for something I did wrong..

I'll admit this is something I still cling to...speaking of demons.....as a way of justifying the existence of CH for myself, that I thoroughly deserved it for past evils committed (cruel behavior as a teenager, etc.), but while ruminating on this I also I like to add in there that I've paid the piper at this point and it's OK for the piper to now leave quietly!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BoscoPiko said:

Maybe our minds just want so badly to believe that somehow, someway it's something other than a neurological un-curable issue.

Denial is a bit@! Too. My parents have verbalized several times the may be a new Doc when we move will have some magic treatments that will stop my CCH or make it better. I am/was shocked they really believe that even w the caliber of Docs I’ve see. With my medical background, that when I tell them there is nothing left besides radical brain surgery (my opinion of Gamma knife), and they think a new neurologist is going to “save me”!

my biggest fear is being without O2 and ketamine. I dosed recently and since then I’ve been getting worse. Probably unrelated but not slap backs. It’s been too long. I’m taking a break from dosing and sticking to Vit D, ketamine and oxygen unless another CCH vet has a suggestion...

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 12:26 PM, Bejeeber said:

True - I too have been happy on occasion to refer to the beast as a demon.

I have been describing to people for years that CH is the feeling that burning in Hell is. Why did I wonder what that was like when I was a kid? :p

• Like 1