june 24

Cloudy

i just wanted to say thank you to everyone who participated in the conference i learned alot and it was nice to meet other clusterheads

one thing that i thought was very odd is that the 2 people that i met in a chat room and i  all started our cluster cycles on June 24....summer start? pollution from the fires? i have no idea but a very weird coincidence 

59 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

i just wanted to say thank you to everyone who participated in the conference i learned alot and it was nice to meet other clusterheads

one thing that i thought was very odd is that the 2 people that i met in a chat room and i  all started our cluster cycles on June 24....summer start? pollution from the fires? i have no idea but a very weird coincidence 

I don't think it's odd anymore. I couldn't see from your profile where you are located but I am in (don't dis me) CA. I have had ash reining on my truck for months from the Caldor fire and have been stuck in cycle for 2 and a half months with one week off only in between attacks. I am newly diagnosed with CH and have only been surviving them for a bit over 2 + years now but this is the longest I've ever been stuck in a cycle (I usually get around 4 months off) longest duration off was almost 6 months. I've got 4 air purifiers running day and night and again today I'm spiking out.. Exactly one week off and the smoke blew into the valley today. I can say though that the D3 has made them manageable enough that I've been able to not use any abortive medicine. To start a cycle on the exact same day of the month is somewhat interesting however...

• Like 2

That is right around the Summer Solstice, which is a prime cycle start date. :wacko: June 21st.

My start date is the Fall Equinox, September 22. Ending with the Spring Equinox in March. So, all four of those days are the most common days to start a cycle. Weird right?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bejeeber said:

Yes, weird! And seemingly warranting investigation/research (?)

That is the reason the link CH with the hypothalamus and diurnal cycles, as it is in charge or a component of your sleep wake cycle and seasonal cycles. It is what informs and regulates the "alarm clock" nature of CH

• Like 3

On the other hand . . . . this is from a 2010 study sponsored by ClusterBusters that collected data from more than 1100 people with CH. (Rozen and Fishman, "Cluster Headache in the United States of America.")  The authors wrote, "The circadian periodicity of cluster headache is present but is not as common in the population as previously thought."

"Months of the year that cluster headache cycles would start.

In 41% of the survey responders, their cycles varied during the year, and there was no particular month the cycles would always begin. By percentages, the months of October (26%), September (21%), April (21%), March (20%), and November (20%) were the most likely for cluster headache sufferers to start a cycle. The remainder of the months of the year were evenly distributed with 11-13% stating their headaches cycles would start during these particular months. The lowest percentage was noted for the month of June at 10%."

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, CHfather said:

On the other hand . . . . this is from a 2010 study sponsored by ClusterBusters that collected data from more than 1100 people with CH. (Rozen and Fishman, "Cluster Headache in the United States of America.")  The authors wrote, "The circadian periodicity of cluster headache is present but is not as common in the population as previously thought."

"Months of the year that cluster headache cycles would start.

In 41% of the survey responders, their cycles varied during the year, and there was no particular month the cycles would always begin. By percentages, the months of October (26%), September (21%), April (21%), March (20%), and November (20%) were the most likely for cluster headache sufferers to start a cycle. The remainder of the months of the year were evenly distributed with 11-13% stating their headaches cycles would start during these particular months. The lowest percentage was noted for the month of June at 10%."

This was a very good bit of information. I've been trying to wrap my head around the "circadian" "diurnal" meaning as associated with CH.  Uff you smart people..  I am still so confused! I get the basics but??