Always Shadowing?

BoscoPiko

Hello all,

I'm not sure if I'm out of this everlasting gobstopper of a cycle (been getting one week off only) in between bangs. I am just curious if anyone else is constantly shadowing? I feel like I have constant pain on my rt temple (pressure, bulging veins, noticeable discomfort) even when I've had a 6 month break? Just wondering if anyone else deals with this?

5 hours ago, Shaun brearley said:

Hi Bosco ivebeen having same problem with this rogue cycle of mine . Ive seen a fair few people on here use ginger . So ordered myself some organic ginger root capsules 1100mg been taking 2 each morning for last 5 days and shadows seems to have gone  

Wow cool to know. I heard about the ginger just never knew you could get it in capsules..

• 2 weeks later...

I was reading about ginger because I was curious about the health benefits when I came across this little tidbit.

Gingerol has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects, according to research. For instance, it may help reduce oxidative stress, which is the result of having an excess amount of free radicals in the body. 

Maybe that's the reason it helps with shadows.

I did try a lemon ginger tea the other day when I felt a bunch of pressure and although I didn't appreciate the taste it did seem to relieve the pressure.   

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is that because you get hit daily? If so I really don't get consolation from that fact.. I wish I could be stronger but I feel maxed with the 3 month cycles I already have every year. Idk.  maybe I would adjust like you have I just don't feel that strong. 

11 hours ago, BoscoPiko said:

I sure hope to never go chronic...

...just note that chronic does not necessarily mean constant or increased number of hits. my experience: 23 yrs ECH (5-8 wks on/off), then 12+ CCH with high and low cycles within that. hit times were unpredictable with 0-3/dy. intensity less, aborts (mainly O2/energy drinks) worked better. still "twilight zone" but different episode. use the same tools you are learning....be willing to adjust.

...to answer your original question. there were several of the past few yrs where the shadow was near constant, because a hit is rare i actually got almost used to it....no choice as caffeine/O2/ginger no help). i'd zoot a zomig ns every once in a while when it got tiring....

• Like 2

Being CHH does suck but like Jon said it is more like high and low cycles within it. I am stuck in a higher cycle at the moment and it really blows. Going through 02 tanks like they are goin out of style and due to some sort of oxygen shortage in this area I was just limited to what I can get refilled so a little added pressure and panic is starting to set in.  Sticking with 02, 5hr drinks and Frankincense oil on the roof of my mouth and hopping that this ends soon. On the up side I do not have to sit around dreading any certain moth or time of year when the hits are going to start coming. I have the joy of knowing I am going to get hit in the side of the head with a brick every day! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jon019 said:

...just note that chronic does not necessarily mean constant or increased number of hits. my experience: 23 yrs ECH (5-8 wks on/off), then 12+ CCH with high and low cycles within that. hit times were unpredictable with 0-3/dy. intensity less, aborts (mainly O2/energy drinks) worked better. still "twilight zone" but different episode. use the same tools you are learning....be willing to adjust.

...to answer your original question. there were several of the past few yrs where the shadow was near constant, because a hit is rare i actually got almost used to it....no choice as caffeine/O2/ginger no help). i'd zoot a zomig ns every once in a while when it got tiring....

Thank you for that explanation. I guess I've been confused about episodic vs chronic :rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FunTimes said:

Being CHH does suck but like Jon said it is more like high and low cycles within it. I am stuck in a higher cycle at the moment and it really blows. Going through 02 tanks like they are goin out of style and due to some sort of oxygen shortage in this area I was just limited to what I can get refilled so a little added pressure and panic is starting to set in.  Sticking with 02, 5hr drinks and Frankincense oil on the roof of my mouth and hopping that this ends soon. On the up side I do not have to sit around dreading any certain moth or time of year when the hits are going to start coming. I have the joy of knowing I am going to get hit in the side of the head with a brick every day! 

Sorry your dealing with a high cycle at the moment. Thank you for the info.

Hey @FunTimesim traveling cross country for the next couple of days.  Call me when ever.  Seems like we have similar patterns.  I successfully got the house ready for closing.  By bye north east.  Hello Cough cough Florida.  On the road w my pouch.  Any one want to catch up the phone lines are open.  You get all the venting you want absolutely free. Act now. If you don’t have my number but want to talk send me a msg.  

• Like 1