Covid vaccine, finally! And checking in

kat_92

Hello everyone! 

this post is a bit of a check in and update:) my headaches have been manageable as of late (knock on wood). I had covid back in May, and it threw my clusters for a loop. I was waiting to get the vaccine until I got my oxygen tank prescription renewed (on sept 8th). I got the first shot today; and I feel a headache coming on :( wish me luck. Anyone’s clusters affected with the shot? I know there have been multiple posts on this already. 

also, I am chronic (summer my worst months) 

All the best 

kat 

• Like 1

Hey Kat!! Good to hear from you! 

I had the shots in my 'off time' and had no issue. But you have no 'off time', so no can do. I have seen it stated both ways - it stopped or it started a cycle. And the shot can give you a headache too. Did you wind up with a cluster last night? 

Since you already had the bug, I would expect a stronger reaction to the shot. The second one in particular. I was down with a fever for 3 days after the second dose. Hopefully this does not throw you back into hades! 

How goes it today? 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of the bad side effects, but glad to hear of this bit and hope you can get back to it ASAP!

On 10/3/2021 at 3:44 PM, kat_92 said:

my headaches have been manageable as of late

I've had the same impression as Spiny, seeing mixed results reported from CH'ers regarding the shot, with no wide consensus as to whether it is nice or evil for CH.

28 minutes ago, Bejeeber said:

Sorry to hear of the bad side effects, but glad to hear of this bit and hope you can get back to it ASAP!

I've had the same impression as Spiny, seeing mixed results reported from CH'ers regarding the shot, with no wide consensus as to whether it is nice or evil for CH.

I mentioned before but might as well again...I was in cycle when I got my shots. The cycle was the worst in my life BUT I think it's possible that I already had Rona before that and was asymptomatic because I got pretty sick from shot two and heard that shot 2 was doing that to people who previously had it, either way I was indeed sick. Who knows, my 2 cents. 

After 4 days with the first shot, I can confirm it DID aggravate my clusters :( damn. Going through it right now. I’m pretty miserable. Wishing I hadn’t even gotten the vaccine. I had a feeling this was gonna happen. I’ll bust on Sunday. kat

• Sad 2