Re: V.A. Update!

TheVerbalArchitect

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We call that jinxing. It sometimes will sneak up on you and bite you in the ass. Just when I get feeling just a little "too sporty" I sometimes get Powed.

Do you have an oxygen setup? If not you must. It is the first line  of defense for most of us and will save your life. It pretty well prevents 9's and 10's and takes the pain away in just a few minutes in most cases.

Dan

Yeah, stick with your plan VA.  Busting during a cycle is a pain in the butt, takes more and more often.  Preventing is much easier. 

I think I read you are chronic maybe??  If the seeds don't give you what you need think about the mushrooms at some point.  Someone's got to have them around there.

I am sure you have read about the detoxing.  I am not sure about taking low doses of verap and the seeds still working?? anyone??

Anyhoooooo, you'll be better soon, might get worse for awhile with the detox but hang in there. 

--The Shaggy >:(

Morning everyone! Thank god no attack during the night. Two days pretty much pain free just on red bulls and lots of water. Some breathing exercises and stretching here and there when my shadows get strong. Weened down to 320 mgs of verap now. Detoxing is so far so good and appetite is coming back Yum!

In regards to jinxing hipshot , I fu*%@ing hate that, one of my least favorite things about C.H.s. and I do it all the time. I get all  "Sporty" and excited then BOOM! a screamer.

Hope everyone is well!  ;)

The V.A.

I know the verap will block them,thats why I am detoxing

From the FAQ contained on this very site:

Finally, there are the Calcium Channel Blockers. The most popular CCB used by clusterheads is verapamil. We have received reports of clusterheads achieving complete success with psilocybin while taking verapamil. I have also seen reports from chronics whose only medication at the time of their psilocybin trials was verapamil, who failed to get any significant relief.

Was this lack of success due to interaction with verapamil?

I don't know. I am open to argument on this one.

Here's the link for everyone's perusal:

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?action=downloadfile;file=Frequently_Asked_Questions_Mushrooms.htm

When I first started busting, I was still on 240mg verapamil, heading toward zero by my second bust. The point is I got positive results while still on verapamil.

I didn't mean I would use them at the same time, i meant i would start verap again maybe a week after my RC dose

busting may take more than one dose, maybe 5 doses, maybe 15-20 before u get some relief (i have been trying different things since july 1st 2010, still not completely PF but much much better)

usual cases of using verap start off at low doses and is increased until it becomes effective, in some cases what was effective no longer is and the dose is upped again, and again, until you almost start scratchin 1000mg which is insane for a drug that is not designed for ch, i am a victim of this but i can also add verap was very effective when i first started taking it 7 years ago, it got to the point it didnt prevent anything, unfortunately and fortunately i dropped it, i did not taper my dose off, although it is a good idea to do so, i believe that SR verap is better than ER i even think there is a TR (slow release, extended release and timed release)

also in most cases, it takes a good 2 weeks for verapmil to take effect and build in the system

if busting works for you, i dont think your going to need verap, and some people here including me and one in particular comes to mind whom i havent seen in a while and hope shes still doing okay is "kaboom" we both point the finger at verap imitrex and all the meds we were put on in making our CH worse, i also believe i read an article from Goadsby( not saying hes a god to clusterheads but he seems to have a few more smarts than some doctors ive seen or ones that report about CH) about the meds used for ch making the condition worse, some episodics turning to chronic and so forth, is it truthful? maybe, or maybe its the progression of the condition with some sufferers.

we all need to experiment on what works for us, because after all, isnt that basically what doctors are doing for us? experimenting?

but IMO and IME i think a sufferer needs to make a decision, see the doc, or try alternatives, if u straddle the fence with certain meds (steroids, imitrex, opiates) they kinda fight each other and no progress can be made, but in other cases with verap u may be able to straddle the fence and find complete success like many have done here

by no means am i telling you what to do but hopefully showing that everyone is different and what works for one isnt gonna work for another, theres tons of different methods, meds, alternatives, finding some info is on the easy but finding what works for you is the hard part, and what may have worked last week may not necessarily work this week

AO

My son has successfully busted many times while taking Methadone

once again what works for one doesnt work for another, i had to stop taking opiate pain killers for my hips and shortly there after started to get some relief from dosing

Cluster Headache - - - what a mthrfkr

AO

Never get out the house,never hang with friends,how can you tell a cluster head NOT to have fun once in a great while. Only alcohol that triggers for me is beer,Someone in my area is providing me with a mask (Paramedic Friend) and I have found a supplier of O2 who is cool with me buying. Starting O2 on Friday.

Good Evening

The V.A.

TVA,

Sorry if you feel like I am raining on your parade, but I take this disease very seriously. 

You seem to be both an intelligent and talented person.  So what am I missing here?  I may have been born at night, but it certainly wasn't last night.  Party once a year?  Come on!

The people on this board will go through hell and high water to help out other CHers.  But only if you are serious and willing to educate yourself about what you are up against.

I hate to be so blunt, but if you are not willing to take those steps, then please don't waste our time.

Bob

Never get out the house,never hang with friends,how can you tell a cluster head NOT to have fun once in a great while. Only alcohol that triggers for me is beer,Someone in my area is providing me with a mask (Paramedic Friend) and I have found a supplier of O2 who is cool with me buying. Starting O2 on Friday.

Good Evening

The V.A.

I'm glad you are getting oxygen.  It's a good start.

And I know what it's like to not be able to have a life due to this disease.  Everyone's different.  Maybe you don't get trigged by any other booze than beer. 

If I'm wrong, then I apologize for coming down so hard.

Good Evening

Bob

Good to see you're getting hooked up with the O2, V.A., but I agree with Bob that you give the impression of taking the advise given here with a grain of salt. Most of us here have far better things to do with our time than using it to answer questions that are posted frivolously and then go unheeded. We're anxious to help you in any way we can but if you're not willing to do your part, please free us to spend our time on this board more productively. Ron