Some fun after 3 month's of hell

BoscoPiko

Hi to everyone on here I just wanted to express my thanks to everyone that kept me afloat for my last 3 month cycle. It was a hard one and longer then I've ever had to endure . I really don't quite know how to properly thank everyone. I haven't had spikes or the devil visit me in 2 and a half weeks so I dont want to jinks myself but I think and pray I will be in the clear for a bit. I believe it was @spinythat said to me life happend between the clusters and I have had a few days of life.  Road my horse.. and am now at my retirement home that I haven't been able to visit in months.. a little life is worth living for!!! I want to send picks but the site keeps telling a different size so maybe later. Thank you all.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, BoscoPiko said:

Hi to everyone on here I just wanted to express my thanks to everyone that kept me afloat for my last 3 month cycle. It was a hard one and longer then I've ever had to endure . I really don't quite know how to properly thank everyone. I haven't had spikes or the devil visit me in 2 and a half weeks so I dont want to jinks myself but I think and pray I will be in the clear for a bit. I believe it was @spinythat said to me life happend between the clusters and I have had a few days of life.  Road my horse.. and am now at my retirement home that I haven't been able to visit in months.. a little life is worth living for!!! I want to send picks but the site keeps telling a different size so maybe later. Thank you all.

Woo hoo got a pick to upload (I think)

20211009_163744.jpg

• Like 2

You did it @BoscoPiko! So good to hear of this latest long battle with the beast finally won. I too am tempted to indulge in "jinx" beliefs, but really they are pure superstition and have no basis in reality right? Well I might even stop knocking on wood.

Also congrats on getting pics to upload - that's something I've been unable to pull off lately. Your big chunky bear of a girl Abby is my idea of a REAL dog! Now excuse me while I go pet our....um...chihuahua:mellow:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bejeeber said:

You did it @BoscoPiko! So good to hear of this latest long battle with the beast finally won. I too am attempted to indulge in "jinx" beliefs, but really they are pure superstition and have no basis in reality right? Well I might even stop knocking on wood.

Also congrats on getting pics to upload - that's something I've been unable to pull off lately. Your big chunky bear of a girl Abby is my idea of a REAL dog! Now excuse me while I go pet our....um...chihuahua:mellow:

Thank you and yes you are correct it is just superstition but it's a bad habit (hard to re-train the brain). Chihuahuas count too:)

Chronic is a year with only 2 or 4 weeks pain free. Depending on which paper you read. So, stop sweating it.  I had a dentist add a month to a cycle one year and a surgeon added 2 another. You get through it in one piece, dust off, and march forward. 

Grab some caffeine if possible and slam it down for the random mess. Carry ginger candy with you at all times and use it if needed. If the weather turns funky, you can get some hits. Not always a cycle by any means. The weather is going to shite? I hit the caffeine like I was still 25. :wacko: Falling barometric pressure gets me a lot. As does pollen I am not accustomed to breathing. 

We need Dorothys' red shoes for you to click together!!! HUGS!!!

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, spiny said:

The weather is going to shite?

Yes the weather is supper odd of late. Today the wind is crazy... I question if this random spiking has anything to do with the fact that we just returned from our home in Truckee which has a much higher elevation than our home in El Do? Who knows and yes please on Dorothy's' ruby slippers:P

On 10/11/2021 at 3:08 PM, spiny said:

Hopefully the Smithsonian has both!!! :P

They do indeed have them. Apparently there were a few pairs used on the set (one was actually silver). I sure am glad that I visited in 2007 and had a chance to see and visit all the museums in NY. My favorite was the MASH sign as I have watched that show as a kid (had to make sure the generator had gas) or the solar panels had been in the sun all day . Looked just like it did on the boob tube.  Special times. Uff I sound so old!! LOL.. 

• Haha 2

On 10/10/2021 at 1:41 PM, Bejeeber said:

that's something I've been unable to pull off lately. 

I forgot to tell you I was only able to upload picks by downloading pixlar it let's you choose the file size and of course you have to choose small but they upload no problemo..

• Like 2

Hi bosco , im the same i managed to bust mine with LSD had a few days pain free, thought id shut (not shit ) the beast away but he came back to hit me big time , not panicking about it gonna give busting another go but also now been on D3 for last 3 days . Keep smiling through you will get there as we all will :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Shaun brearley said:

Hi bosco , im the same i managed to bust mine with LSD had a few days pain free, thought id shut (not shit ) the beast away but he came back to hit me big time , not panicking about it gonna give busting another go but also now been on D3 for last 3 days . Keep smiling through you will get there as we all will :)

If only we could shit the beast out!!:D

• Haha 1

Congratulations on being free from attacks. Take the opportunity to enjoy yourself first. Then, concern yourself with the particulars: You may go years without another episode. 

Others may be capable of advising you; respectfully, I shy away from that. 

Again, concern yourself with living life and then put your house in order. I had 5 days with only 4 attacks per day and I enjoyed a few dinners in Little Italy. Heck, I went these past 9 days with only one 3 day migraine, and I cooked a lot. 

Eventually, I got around to the laundry. All of my bills are set up around my disbursement (set it and forget it). If you can afford it, let a fiduciary and accountant handle your finances. I can't, and so I make sure to automate all of my bookkeeping, investing, and bill pay. That is the other trick, delegate every da$@ thing you can (away). Or, what you can trust in another hand. Life is too short to be concerned about the hassles we once had when we had the six-figure lifestyle. It is for me. If you still have investments, property, and hard assets, I understand. It can be easier said than done. 

• Like 1