Changing attack times?

CHfather

Like @FunTimessaid. I often stay up to avoid more alarm clock attacks. For example tonight I went to bed after my regular 9pm ish attack. Woken up by 2 attacks and I decided to stay up to avoid more attacks. This usually prevents a few attacks. However it’s a 50/50 shot of avoiding what I call the first attack of the day my usual 6:00/7:00 attack. 

• Like 2

...intriguing indeed....thought about it a lot as the hits were inevitable and predictable damn near to the minute. excuse me mr. beast, i don't have time to screw around with you right now...but perhaps we could reschedule?

....played around with energy drink/caffeine and verapamil dose timing and seemed could shift timing a little bit....never enough to make it a worthwhile effort...

....brief flirtation with "stress mgmt" as stress was a prevent for me. nevermind the insanity it takes to actually even consider finding stressful situations as a "therapy"....sheesh....silly me, the job was stressful enough...

....there were a few occasions over the yrs where a beer and its consequences were intentional...whether is was simply because i could not, at the moment, handle the dread of an upcoming hit.....or getting it over with as there would be a "free" time post. alas, the next hit became unpredictable....

• Like 2

I've never tried to deliberately change attack time (I like routine). However I have noticed a few outside elements that have changed them. Unlike Jon my attacks can be started with stress, for instance getting into an argument about something you feel strongly about with someone you care about or a random night with foul sleep. When in cycle I get multiple attacks a day starting between 10 to 11 am lasts for one to two hours then back from 3 to 4pm. But if I'm stressed they come at a random.  This also happens when not in cycle if induced by the above mentioned..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If I nap, I get woke up with a hit and will generally continue to get hit at that time for the duration of the cycle. Never tried changing times and staying awake does not stop hits for me. How about daylight savings? Does that wack everyone’s cycle and hit times? Will you have the same hits just an hour earlier? Last time I went through a clock change, my cycle got worse and the hits adjusted to the same basic times after a week or so… weird shit.

• Like 2

We can't stop this intrusion. We can only learn how to live with un wanted pain.  It's all crooked and I have no clue. We are lucky to see the sun. We are cursed with pain and I don't know why but there must be a reason. I douse myself in the thought that this burden is mine because I'll deal. I would never want anyone I love to deal with this and maybe just maybe it's what keeps them un affected.. who knows.  I am religious and pray every night for this madness to be only on me . We don't know the cure so onwards we must go. 

• Like 1

As ive said in a previous post on a different subject when im at home my attacks are regular every 3 hours but im relaxed at home . When im at work im highly stressed and that seems to keep the beast away . So I'd say that changes the times of my attacks for some reason . I have stayed awake all night to try to reduce my attacks as that when i get hit with my worst attacks but it didn't wirk for me 0135 every morning the beast would hit me with aa 3 hour kipp 10 kicking me round my bedroom . Got to the stage where I'd set my arlarm for midnight so i could go down stairs so didnt wake the rest of family up 

• Like 3