Which demand valve to buy?

Jrb3rd

Hello, newbie here. I've had the cluster 02 mask for years now and want to move up to a demand valve . I am looking at the Allied Healthcare/LSP demand valve and notice there is two different flow rate models. One is 40lpm and other is 160lpm...I am lost as to which model I need...could someone please help me? Thank you in advance!

I would guess that 40 is plenty -- but wiser folks will give you a more definitive answer. (I could see the 40 at the Allied Healthcare site but not the 160.)

Will you do us/me the favor of letting us know how your purchase goes?  Do you have a DV prescription, or are you buying it without one?

You'll never use 160 lpm.....never...not even close. Is it possible to outrun 40 lpm? Possible but unlikely on a regular basis. 

If it's me....I buy the 160 if costs are the same.... Big difference in the price? Get the 40. 

As others have said, you can score on  eBay if you aren't needing it tomorrow.  Watch and wait.

• Like 1

Hi and providing a bit of comparison.... before I purchased my demand valve from "Divers Alert Network" (DAN.org) I asked for some specs and this is what they provided.  The cover sheet started "Life Support Products" by Allied. 

A late edit here with a few details that may help others. 

A fellow CH suggested this particular demand valve and I purchased it in late 2019 in preparation for my "normal upcoming cycle;" however, the cycle never showed up.  At the end of the last cycle I had started the D3 regime and am giving that credit for the missed cycle.  (I am very glad to have the new valve unused!)  I tested the valve and could not get it to limit the flow and it stopped all flow as expected.  From reading the spec sheet, it appears to be 160 LPM model, but I am sure I would be satisfied with 40 LPM. 

My transaction with DAN.org was easy, no script, no questions.  The link is: https://apps.dan.org/dive-store/?id=39.  The current cost is $205.  Again, I have tested it, but have had little need for it.

Others with more experience with this particular valve may offer comment.

Be safe. 

DemandValveSpecs.JPG

• Like 1