All this pain in the brain and no damage

Freud

Not that I rationally think it’s anything other than the worst pain in medicine that is not a sign of something more serious. But at times like these (up spike in severity) I can’t help but wonder. It feels like my head is going to explode and you just want to die. 

• Sad 1

...yeah...it was a worry, but after a number of real bad hits early on....and even w/o a diagnosis...there didn't seem to be residual physical damage so i started worrying/concentrating on the mental health aspects. hard work...nothing physical to grab on to...i constantly wonder how folks maintain in the face of CH. my admiration for the perseverance of clusterheads is endlessly deep...

....what became near incomprehensible for me was "how is it even possible to SURVIVE a pain so incredible it defies description?". there were 10's (thankfully very rare) where it hurt so bad i actually forgot to breathe......yet here i am....

• Like 5

2 hours ago, xBoss said:

I thought I read somewhere that CH can cause some memory loss over the years. I feel like my memory has some holes in it after the last few cycles.

Memory loss? ?? oh crap, I forgot what I was gonna say.

Im with ya on that one

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Sure seems plausible that it would cause some sort of damage... I know when I had my last MRI it said something about a T2 something or another and when I asked my neurologist he mentioned it being a small white mass that was basically scar tissue he said it wasent of concern unless I had more show up down the road and that it was common in both CHRs and migrainers.... So to me that seems like damage idk...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, spiny said:

Bosco, my MRI's come back with that damage too. So when I get forgetful, I blame it!!! :rolleyes:

I never had an MRI. I def have to get one eventually. The whole rule out other stuff is probably not an issue since I have had this condition for over 23 years but still need to check. I have terrible medicare insurance though. :(

31 minutes ago, xBoss said:

I never had an MRI. I def have to get one eventually. The whole rule out other stuff is probably not an issue since I have had this condition for over 23 years but still need to check. I have terrible medicare insurance though. :(

It couldn't hurt to get one done. I am not sure where you are located but just be careful when they order it up that its "in-network" as the first one I had they sent me to some "out of network" location and I got a bill for $700.00. I hate getting MRI's as I am claustrophobic and feel like I'm being stuffed into a way to small rocket ship...

On 10/26/2021 at 8:47 AM, Shaun brearley said:

You never had mri scan xboss wow . . First thing i had .ive had this for nearly 40 years now and the docs over here still insist on giving me then . I think they are still looking for a brain  :wacko:Ive had about 15  i think ive lost count 

Hahaha :D

• Like 1