Music for CH folks. What ya got?

xBoss

1 hour ago, Dallas Denny said:

John Prine is another favorite of mine!! 

..."the saddest funny songs and the funniest sad songs"...and the charm of a favorite uncle who slipped you $5 for a 6-pack of cheap beer when you were 17...

20 minutes ago, Shaun brearley said:

God how bad am i i don't like the stones !!!!!

.....that's cool, aint no accounting for taste....i am just forever grateful for the Brit musicians like them, and too many others to name, who saved "the blues" for us Yanks...

Edited by jon019

And, I saw John live for the 1st time at the Boomer theater in Norman, Okla across the street from the OU campus in 1980. 

This was at a time when I was cultivating vitamin M for other reasons as the Beast hadn't reared his ugly head yet!  I ate a LOT of it, got in my vdub bug and drove from far NW Okla City to Norman....good God Gerty, what a ride!!  When the concert started, John and his band and crew just walked down the aisles and he stopped repeatedly to shake hands and bs with folks!!

At the end of the show all of the crew came out on stage with the band, got in a line with their arms linked and swayed along with the music as JP and company closed with Illegal Smile!!  Ya cudn't have wiped the Illegal smile off my face with industrial strength ajax!!  Lmao!

• Like 3

@spiny, here's another one of my favorite JP tunes...hell, they're all my favs.....I had never seen the lyrics but I memorized what I thought I was hearing and figured out the chord progression....played the song on stage for many years before I bought the anthology set (with printed lyrics inside the cd case), and found out it was "The Great Compromise".......I thought it was a song about a guy gettin it stuck in his arse so all those years I'd been singing "The Greek Compromise"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

.....my Grandpa was a carpenter (barns!).... he wore bib overalls and slip on boots, smoked Parodi cigars imported from Italy...... they looked like turds and smelled worse.....but i sure remember him and them. it was said of him in our tiny town "if Steve put it up aint never coming down" cuz he believed if one nail was good...5 were betta!  JP just a magnificent story teller....

Edited by jon019
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1