Music for CH folks. What ya got?

xBoss

It’s a drawn out story on how I began to follow the Manchester scene in the 90s. And now, I have family that lives outside of London  (Yank marrying a Brit) and I don’t know any of the music scene. How does that work? 

• Haha 1

We had a club in Manchester called the Hacienda . From early 1980s through to late 1990s .sure it got closed down in 1997 due to the drug scene that was happening there . Most of these band performed there . Even your own Madonna for the USA performed there . Had a few good night's in to mornings there . Well from what I can remember if you know what I mean . Acid house music came in and we can't remember much after that :lol:

All of what you posted I was about to post, funny. It amazes me who you come across. We had some clubs here, nothing worth bragging about.

DC used to have a scene. Baltimore, don't get me started. Most of what you see is true, but Bawlmer is beautiful and many of us miss 99.1 HFS, which played a lot of the Alt scene up until 99? And DC 101 did as well.

And where I began, it was all shitkickers and cowboy cuts. Honkytonks and run down country bars with the damn sawdust on the floor, just like out of a movie.

Looking back, them city girls ain't nothing but trouble and left me in massive debt, broke, and damn near homeless. I could go for a cute Southern Belle in a sundress and boots. Especially some downhome cooking yardbird and dumplings with sweet potato biscuits. Anyway, that is where my traditional and non-traditional, as well as outlaw country come from. Hell, it was different where I grew up. 16 was old enough to enter a honky-tonk and drink. Again, that music.

The rest was introduced through friends and explains that. Keep it coming. I am always fascinated to hear stories like yours.