Music for CH folks. What ya got?

xBoss

I’m serious, and I never followed that type of music scene, I didn’t know Amy Winehouse (had to StartPage). I respect others tastes, definitely not my style. I must have been under a rock when she was famous. Wow, where was I?

5 hours ago, Shaun brearley said:

She's good Bosco but I'm sorry Amy was 1 of a kind 

Yes she was and it's unfortunate she never recognized her worth.. I really liked her work but I like this lead gal better.. to me she is more put together.. you know what opinions are like...:D

3 hours ago, Juss said:

I’m serious, and I never followed that type of music scene, I didn’t know Amy Winehouse (had to StartPage). I respect others tastes, definitely not my style. I must have been under a rock when she was famous. Wow, where was I?

No worries Juss. It's not for everybody and I actually wasent a huge Winehouse fan but I am a bit of a lyric junky it's a shame she couldent find her happy..

ETC, Earl Thomas Conley passed away without recognition despite having 18 number one hits and everyone forgetting him for “thinking man country.” He sang my life. Anyone that listens to real country and not Luke Bryan or Luke Combs  (don't insult me) will know who this is. 

Holding Her and Loving You

Once in a Blue Moon (Know This to Well)

Fire and Smoke (Christ it's like he read me and sang my life)

That was a close one (even us wild eye southern rebels have a soft side)

My life theme song, from the greatest voice to shortly bless Country and Western, the late the great Keith Whitley. He had an amazing octave range, you could hear the pain in what he sang, sadly his demons and addiction got to him, something that I understand. He sang this same song I think on his last live performance and anyone with a known history of severe life-threatening depression could tell he was end-stage. It's tragic, as I'm agnostic and he was a gift from God. There will never be another singer like him, never. Tragic. 

Though Countrypolitan, pure country-pop this an amazing song, he sings so emotive and with pain. RIP Whitley, we need real neotraditional country (again). 

Steve Wariner is a gifted guitarist, instrumentalist, deserved member of the Opry, and prolific songwriter. He dominated during the 80s, though he ain't country. That said, compared to the booty-shaking BET Station caliber rap music, auto-tune crap country of today, he is. Anyway, I am posting this because of his amazing guitar work.

There ain't nothing like coming home to a cute southern country girl, down-home cooking, and this is true, “there ain't nothing like the love of a small-town girl, and country on the kitchen radio (when it was country). I hate city life. 

Whelp, it's official winter is coming, the yearly Borderpolar Pill Popping Manic Depressive Crackpots R Us BS is back, every year (around this time). That is why I am around so much, trying to distract myself. 

While he is solely responsible for the strictly pop, Urban Cowboy Era of Country, basically a useless contribution, it's still a good song. Could Have Heard a Heartbreak Johny Lee

I have the utmost respect for King George, but he was never country enough for me. That said, I think everyone loves this classic, Check Yes or No by King George. Again, nothing but respect for what he did for the country scene. Hell of a man and good human being.

It was Tragic when Randy had his massive stroke, such a gift to country music. That voice, one in a million. While it was over 6 years ago, I hope him the best in recovery.

I hated most contemporary country music, but Sammy Kershaw sings part of my life story. Politics, Religion, and Her

“I ain't first class but I ain't white trash,”sums me up. Sawyer Brown Some Girls Do

Alabama Song of The South (Stars and Bars Forever)

19 hours ago, Juss said:

Last few, this one goes out to all that have been married a few years-K.T. Oslin Do Ya (If you can't tell a pattern this is my life story)

Your pulling heart strings (do ya ) was my late moms favorite .. played it at my wedding ... 

• Like 1

This was the song sung to my son as a baby and toddler. In the key of me! Very easy to sing, even when you are tone deaf. Give me two buckets and I might be able to carry a tune. :) Jr did a much more 'stylish version later on. But this one has meaning for me. 

• Like 1