Music for CH folks. What ya got?

xBoss

24 minutes ago, xBoss said:

I'm I'm 3rd generation

Not sure why but this makes me wonder what other people's heritages are (by other people I mean other C-heads). I wonder if one heritage is afflicted more than another? Maybe a study has been done on this as it seems relevant. I suppose it doesn't matter that much as knowing won't make the s-show disappear for any of us.. Just my curiosity. I am Native American (Pascua Yaqui) and have no family I know of that was ever afflicted nor know of any other feathers that have it.. 

• Like 3

@xBoss Part of my family has left, and I know what you are talking about.  Our real last name is chopped off. My dad has my family member taped mentioning our true last name. He was paranoid b/c of spies and feared that they would think he was defecting (he wasn't). 

As far as cost, it is worth it. I'm trying to find the money. Those who came from families that escaped the iron curtain know what is going on. My sister is in Europe, they are making accommodations. Some family is already there. It is a process. 3 generations and already heading back, damn.

I used to be semi-fluent in French (useless) and could speak some Slavic (useless). I attempted Italian. I need to stop the useless languages and learn Russian, Polish, and Ukraine.

@BoscoPikoI think that you are on to something. I do recall seeing anecdotal information about what you inquired about. Let me look into this. I do believe I saw a strong European heritage connection. Great idea!

• Like 2

Soundtrack Days of Thunder, Hans Zimmer

I have built motors, decked heads, welded custom exhausts, helped build cars, even made the cut for NASCAR school to become a builder of stock cars, if you lived it you would understand. When Duvall talks to the car while building it, some of us do that. This was a great era. I'm glad I declined the offer, stock car racing has declined drastically since Allison.

I miss those days, have not restored or built a car in 16 years.

I am irish. Thru & thru. Both sides come from, if memory serves, northern ireland. When i was told this? .

Altho?, theres the whole 7 lines of eve theory. Thats going into mitochondrial DNA and in tv shows and movies? Thats where theres not enuff body fluid or evidence to do actual DNA analysis, but!(gasp) there is enuff to do a mitochondrial dna check. And the case gets solved quickly.

So... this wld mean many many of us r related --  way back. ;)

[Re: A politically charged video now since removed] I'd say blatant ultra political stuff is pushing it whether couched in rapping or not. A political post from the other end of the spectrum just got removed, in order to keep divisions from being stirred up, or wedges driven between CH'ers. Politics will drive those wedges, and has been shown to drive those wedges - I know that is not your intention @BoscoPiko, so you may wish to reconsider posting political content.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bejeeber said:

[Re: A politically charged video now since removed] I'd say blatant ultra political stuff is pushing it whether couched in rapping or not. A political post from the other end of the spectrum just got removed, in order to keep divisions from being stirred up, or wedges driven between CH'ers. Politics will drive those wedges, and has been shown to drive those wedges - I know that is not your intention @BoscoPiko, so you may wish to reconsider posting political content.

Understood.. I knew it was pushing the lines but I thought it might be ok in a music thread...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spiny said:

Bosco, I removed the post for political content. I did have a complaint. :wacko: It was warranted. 

No problem I knew it was most likely not a good idea but I thought maybe it was ok in the music thread... will keep in mind in all posts... sorry about that!

• Like 2

On 12/17/2021 at 1:26 AM, Juss said:

Soundtrack Days of Thunder, Hans Zimmer

I have built motors, decked heads, welded custom exhausts, helped build cars, even made the cut for NASCAR school to become a builder of stock cars, if you lived it you would understand. When Duvall talks to the car while building it, some of us do that. This was a great era. I'm glad I declined the offer, stock car racing has declined drastically since Allison.

I miss those days, have not restored or built a car in 16 years.

Nice, my family has been in NASCAR a long time. Last name is Keselowski

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/22/2021 at 11:40 AM, xBoss said:

Nice, my family has been in NASCAR a long time. Last name is Keselowski

Nice. I have not been concerned since 03. I lost interest, and by 07, when I got married (now divorced), I stopped detailing high-end cars, painting cars, and well, all the car stuff (stopped caring honestly). After all of the brain damage, I doubt that I could even put shoes on the drum brakes. Oddly, I did do a paint correction after someone did a near-fatal screw-up, recently. Some things I can remember. Yes, I use a rotary and Duragloss, if cutting Mirror Glaze 

John Whitley, related to Keith Whitley (RIP), was just as talented. This bout sums it up, Right Track Wrong Train

Keith Whitley, Hard Livin, “I wish that hard livin didn't come so easy for me.” Sing it!

Singer/Songwriter/Country & Western Michael Martin Murphy, Long Line of Love

Great songwriter for greats such as Randy Travis, Paul Overstreet, Sowin’ Love