D

Juss

26 minutes ago, Juss said:

It's still relevant. I keep current with doctors that frequent neuroscience conferences at least yearly and nothing has changed in quite some time

blob:https://pdfroom.com/ddff6622-b15a-4273-b431-0100e34a588d

Copy and paste, the link works, it just isn't a hyperlink. Again, copy and paste. It's valid.

Just curious Juss, with all this research you have done have you ever reached CH painless? There is so much information that you have posted I'm just curious if you have ever reached cessation of CH? I do believe that most cluster heads have done a shit ton of research in an effort to become and or rid ourselves of excruciating pain.. Your research seems to be on a diffrent level but still I wonder if you have managed to stop the thunder?

• Like 3

Oh, right. I forgot that this is all stuff you guys know. Perhaps I am misreading your post, but I won't post this, and my apologies. I tend to forget that this is common knowledge. I intended to help someone at the beginning of the process. Again, my mistake. Anything from hitherto will only be about aborting and cessation.

I have researched cessation, but not by the means you all would explore. Or, should I say appear to explore. I focus on prophylaxis and not abortive medication. My background in anatomy and physiology was enough to scare me, and yet I still took and injected all that crap. Now, I refuse. If you wish to see the damage there are reputable autopsies and labs on (of all places) YouTube.

The reason I don't focus on abortive methods is an untested, purely self-reported case study-on self- where the abortives perpetuated considerably more frequency, with profound intensity. I tested on a fellow CHer and friend, not on here, my suspicions were confirmed. I haven't conducted meta-analyses but I am certain I could prove this.  That friend is better suited for science, he was a Navy Corpsman. 

I did disclose on a prior post about my prophylaxis. There are others that 8 years ago on here were far above my pay grade and could assist you on that end. I am not certain, but I think that they still float.

I know that you were looking for a short answer and I can't provide one. While most try to tackle symptomology, I analyze, research, and treat the source.

What good is doping your ass to oblivion (with analgesics) and waking up to repeat the process? There isn't a solution for all and my background began in highly technical and specialized sectors of HVAC/R, and then as a defense contractor. It proceeded to even more theoretical majors in college with enough science to understand this. However, being able to discern doesn't qualify me to do more than form an opinion.

I am going to look for solutions, not band-aids. I analyze everything and look 10 years down the road, and not 1 second ahead. My approach is limited by the lack of science learned and sadly those in the know are not able to assist me, and it seems, rather dedicate towards the psychoactive approach. 

In sum, I try to prevent, and I am having enormous success. I am down from I think 8 medications, and I know 5 abortive to a calcium channel. I seldom have CH or migrainous episodes, and now I focus on Fibromyalgia Pain & Exhaustion which I am gaining traction on. It's a process.

I feel as if you can free yourself of pain; however, it sadly can/will return. Without the proper knowledge, all I can say is that given its biological basis there is an inherent risk.

My uncle is episodic, worked at Westinghouse Airbrake (high up the ladder), and his job was as stressful as it comes. He wouldn't get attacks. Now retired, he went from episodic to chronic. That stated, he uses Western Medicine, I use functional medicine. I doubt mine will ever return as bad as it was, but it is incontrovertible that at some point I will have a 10 attack day or week.

I have my pet hypothesis but am not about to blast it. Well, crap, without all the hard science and following KISS, I am deeply focused on inflammation, microbiomes, dysbiosis, some of the macronutrients, micronutrients, the BCAA’s, and I am having a senior moment at 38 (yikes). It could be a few moments, it is late here. I will have to get back to you. 

Wow sorry juss I think you misunderstood my post . My understanding after suffering for 30 years with CH I and after seeing more than 7 different neurologist plus being inside a cat scanner numourous times and having thousands of different meds pumped in to my body by different doctors.  I've come to the conclusion that there is nothing out there at present to help us.  Every doctor , neurologist I have seen don't even understand the condition we suffer . . As for doping are ass and then repeating it . I've busted a couple of times and got great results  pain free for days on end which has given me and my family are lives back . So with the choices out there at present I will take busting any day ., and I can still hold down a really good job at the same time 

I missed typing the analgesic part. You know, narcotics. I went that route, as busting didn't help. Go with what helps you. The science behind that doesn't help me. Nor do any of those alternative options, including Ketamine infusions.

I feel that there are solutions to help us and that you have to look in all the places not considered. I believe mine began as an insidious onset in 2013? It doesn't matter. 

I'm all for what helps, it's frustrating I lack the background but those of us with severe affective disorders, at least others I know, that also have CH, don't respond to busting or anything that targets NMDA receptors.

Well, we induce psychosis and go batshit insane. Oddly, again lacking knowledge, at mega doses of nicotinic acid, I reduce headaches. I realize the utility of treating even schizo’s Dr. Hoffer proved that in the 50s, why it's helping with CH is something I am researching. The B3 was mentioned cause the last time I pulled a Tim Leary I knew what would happen and so with access to injectable haloperido  and a ton of B3 I had the choice of a chemical straitjacket or the real deal Holyfield. 

I'm glad that it helps so many of you and I am retiring my posting of research because obviously, this CH forum is now focused on busting research. I am deleting my links per your requests.

• Juss changed the title to D

Affective disorders suck. Also being stuck with one means that busting is not a good option, right Juss? And yet, it is thought that the lack of Serotonin is part of the cause of them along with CH!!! But those with a mild form, say SAD, can successfully bust. 

I suppose that means it adds up to low Serotonin can wreak havoc in many ways for many people. Additionally it bites for any CHer to have one with their CH!!! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Juss said:

Oh, right. I forgot that this is all stuff you guys know. Perhaps I am misreading your post,

Not at all... I don't claim to know even half of the info you've posted..I do believe you misread my post. Was just a simple question as I was curious due to the amount of info you seem to know about the disorder also I've never attempted busting to scared to try...

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Jus. Don't stop podting ur research links. You will maybe never kno how much of a gisnt help they turned into for me. Building blocks. 

There are many many papers written w numerous attibutations. Enuff that i see them slowly closing in on dx, tx and more precise understandings. I once had  to try to figure out a disease in my dogs. There were 5 (five) papers written n published on it, in the whole world, at that time. The links to articles r ... fascinating. U helped me hugely. I bow dwn to u in gratitude(dont go all swoll headed on me ;).

But. Thank you.