Lab tests – Vit D through the roof at 411

Cast Iron

I had my blood tested again as I noticed that I made a stupid calculation error in my daily intake of the D3 regime. Instead of 50.00IU per week, I have taken for several months a daily dose of 60.000IU.

So my lab results are now:

CRP                    mg/L          9

25-OH Vit D       nmol/L       411

Calcium              mmol/L      2.48

PTH                    pmol/L       0.9

Although PTH and calcium are still normal, my doc urgently suggested to stop the intake of the D3, but will continue the rest of the co-factors. In a month I will do the lab test again to see if the D3 is within the acceptable range again.

But I wonder, even with the high level of D3 my 18 month cycle has not come to an end yet. Can it be that for some the D3 is not working? Is there a strong reason to even continue the co-factors without the D3 if you have a healthy diet?

Appreciate your thoughts

Ok. They used nmol/l instead of ng/ml. If you do the calculation 2.5nmol/l = 1ng/ml then you get a value of 164. Your target high number, for the medical field is 100ng/ml. So, yes, you are high, but not nearly as high as you think. Different countries use different units of measure. Go figure.

I suspect that since you PTH and Calcium are good, Batch will likely say that you are actually fine. But to keep your doctor happy, the levels need to drop. He appears to have a good plan that he is asking you to follow. Dropping back to 10k per day would be wise for now. At then end of the month, see where the D stands.  Or you could drop it all together, but I would want to keep taking it at a lower level if possible. Not like you are going to get much sunlight for the next few months.

I agree that with those values, it makes you wonder why your CH is still bad??????? Batch could have some additional ideas to help get the CH under control. 

20 hours ago, Cast Iron said:

Instead of 50.00IU per week, I have taken for several months a daily dose of 60.000IU.

This is essentaily a loading dose and usually done for a short time only, not for daily maintenance.

It might take a little bit of time due to the holidays, but Batch will provide input I am sure.

15 hours ago, Juss said:

My guess without discussing this with you is that you have some inflammatory issues to address

@Juss Yes that is what we all read on this forum, but I have some concerns with this. If a vast amount of our cluster family is on the D3 it may seem they all suffer from hidden or underlying inflammatory issues and no one has been able to pinpoint which body tissue is attacked by the immune system? Likely that someone is suffering from for example rheumatoid arthritis as it will show quite significantly..

15 hours ago, Juss said:

You have to look at the entire body from a holistic perspective. Something nutrient-wise is amiss

I've been experimenting with foods and nutrients for years now, but have not been able to see my deficits or surplus'. I've stripped by diet of anything that i thought is a trigger, trying to see parallels in food intake and my cycles. To no avail, so considering going vegan.

2 hours ago, spiny said:

He appears to have a good plan that he is asking you to follow

We also agreed that I will be taking a 3month sick leave from the office. Maintaining the delicate balance between office and family is hard & exhausting and not fair to my family, my best hours I spend on office, while after dinner the attacks come and really decimate me until the next morning, repeat.

2 hours ago, spiny said:

it makes you wonder why your CH is still bad

I discussed with Batch last year on my D3 strategy but unfortunately it has not worked out. To gain control again when it went really bad I also had Emgality, GON injection, prednisolone etc on top of my normal medicines. I really wonder what is wrong because this is a mindfuck with attacks    

Hey Cast Iron,

Sorry to be so slow coming to the party.  As long as your serum calcium assay remains within its normal reference range there's no hypercalcemia, a.k.a., vitamin D3 intoxication/toxicity.

I've kept my 25(OH)D3 up around 450 nmol/L (180 ng/mL) for quite a while as you can see in the 5-year chart of my lab assays for 25(OH)D3, calcium and PTH.. 

wr8eweL.jpg

It's presently up around 680 nmol/L (270 ng/mL) due to Fall/Winter leaf mold spores that trigger allergic rhinitis.  After many years watching my assays for serum 25(HO)D3, calcium and PTH, my PCP looks at my 25(OH)D3 assay, smiles and then says, "I have no problem with your 25(OH)D3 this high as long as it helps prevent your CH and your serum calcium remains within its normal reference range."

Mast cells, part of our immune system's family of white blood cells, release large quantities of histamine and other proinflammatory mediators when insulted by allergens.  The histamine in turn, triggers neurons and glia within our trigeminal ganglia to express Calcitonin Gene-Related Peptides (CGRP) and other neuropeptides.  Neurologists tell us the CGRP expressed within neurons and glia is responsible for the neurogenic inflammation and the pain we know as cluster headache. 

The bottom line is histamine to a CHer is like Kryptonite to Superman - Bad News.  None of the prevents including vitamin D3 work very well during an allergic reaction.  Many CHers, me included, have found a combination of 3,000 mg/day Tumeric (Curcumin), 3,000 mg/day Resveratrol, 6 to 8 grams/day vitamin C (taken in divided doses throughout the day), double the Omega-3 dose and Benadryl (Diphenhydramine HCL) at 25 mg 4 times a day all help block histamine effects and this lets the genetically active vitamin D3 metabolite 1,25(OH)2D3 down-regulate the expression of CGRP, other neuropeptides and proinflammatory mediators.

This cocktail of extra supplements can take as little as a day and up to a week to take effect for some CHers. Others will find it makes their CH less severe and more controllable, like easily aborted with oxygen therapy.

I also use a combination of 100,000 IU/day of Bio-Tech D3-50 and 0.5 mL/day (40,000 IU/day) of the Nutrasal Micro D3 taken sublingual as a loading dose.

EvkQu6n.jpg

The Atkins-Ketogenic Diet can help.  Avoid all sugars and fruit juices high in fructose.  Avoiding all wheat and grain products can also help.  If you do eat grain products, make sure they are Non-GMO.  Most wheat and grain products are contaminated with glyphosate, the herbicide in RoundUp..  Ir causes all kinds of problems.  As a herbicide it kills off the friendly colonies of bacteria living in our GI tract called the microbiome.

A unique aspect of glyphosate’s insidious cumulative toxicity is its ability to get inserted into proteins by mistake in place of the coding amino acid glycine.  Glycine is the smallest amino acid – one of the twenty or so building blocks of proteins according to the DNA code. Glyphosate is a complete glycine molecule, except that it has an extra methylphosphonate unit attached to its nitrogen atom.

Hope this helps.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

Edited by xxx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That three month adjustment in your work schedule will be a great help!! Mentally being hit all night and going to work is incredibly hard. Nocturnal here too. Really hard to maintain a house, job, etc for months

Do they allow O2 at home for you in The Netherlands? Laws are so different in different places! Have you considered Busting? If you want to discuss that, start a thread on a closed board - Theory & Implementation or Share Your Busting Stories. You live in a darn good place for it. :)

Also, what meds do you take for your CH? Often we get on so many and are hesitant to drop one when we are still in non-stop 'hitsville', even though it is obvious that they are not working. :(

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/16/2021 at 7:43 AM, Cast Iron said:

@Juss ... and no one has been able to pinpoint which body part has ben attacked..

I've been experimenting.... ...I've stripped by diet of anything that i thought is a trigger, trying to see parallels in food intake and...

...while after dinner the attacks come and really decimate me until the next morning, repeat....

.... really wonder what is wrong because this is a mindfuck with attacks    

Sometimes, imho, when things get bad and nothing sems to work? Well. I will throw everything and the kitchen sink at it when im stuck. Ive had doctors, veterinarians, researchers... tell me rptdly - one thing at a time. Hey, i getcha abt feeing desperate. But u have got to do what u got to do, as u feel ur way thru this chas enigma, deaf dumb and blind.

I see things, sometimes, differently... than others. I almost view it as a diagnostic, that people w chas? Become so o/c as regards supps, h2o every 30 minutes, write down times temp storms foods drinks  drgs air freshner exposures... etc... and to be honest? Isnt that - mmm- weird? I think yes. Something happens to our brain chemistry and we totally fall into obsessive compulsive mentality and behaviors. Its dx & sx of chas. 

I can tell when im doing better because i stop the journaling of every detail.

And if the chas come at 8 or 9 or 11 p.m.? Then just roll w it and stay up all nite and sleep during the day.  Why fight so hard? ( ahem... not that thats what i tend to do, but...)

I think *if u don't find any +s to D3 supps? Take the burden off? Dont take em. If u want to eat something? Eat it. Be happy all u can be. I simply 100% do  .not. ascribe to the triggers theory. To me? The urge to eat those things? And then get slammed w chas? Means ur brain or ur body was trying real hard to tell u what it needed or wanted - if chas was end result? Think it thru... it doesnt necessarily follow that what u ate triggered the chas. Try thinking abt this whole enchilada from a completely different perspective. And? Pls? Dont smash ur thinking against the cement wall of "how things SHOULD be." Its like med ppl who r damned to h* for giving u SSRI after SSRI ... because thats the thing to do. Thats the sauce of serotonin.

Theres a completely different sauce called msg - chinese food, ketamine, big juicy hamburgers w taurine naturally.   And if that doesn't help? Try another avenue. Imitrex? Try the BAD theory? = benedryl, atavan & dexamethasone. (atavan is viewed as a system stabilizer, bndryl is for histamine, dexameth is steroid- kinda like pred.) Meditate & envision hot hands?  Ive recently found Monster :)   Get to a hot mineral pool and sit in the hot **MINERAL** water and let ur body absorb the minerals - naturally. When my body has absorbed enuff? I get out.. first few days ill sit and walk and swim for abt 3 hours each day. Next few days im in there for cpl hours. Then it finally goes down to abt 20 30 minutes. Try different things. But make life easy for urself, please. 

Theres a lot of tips here. I am still dumbfounded abt the connection between msg and ketamine. Thinkin on that one real hard ;) start reading... and journal all the various tips.

Sip ice water thru straw, 8 oz/30 min. Turn on air condit and inhale cold. O2.  The source of ur chas may simply be something else (pcc, pgg to toss out 2 strange ones). We talk here abt blows to head and falls, horses, figure skating, hockey, dna, epigenetic, autoimmune, colored glasses....

And u rly do want to chase dwn a definitive dx. Make sure its not plain old brain cancer ;)

But try to be happy? On another list? I saw advise to new guy?  -Get out of the house.- asap when u wake up.

Try walking them off. Some folks get into that. Its not unhealthy :)  if 1 thing doesnt work? Try try something else. Go on vaca to hot min pool. One thats open late at nite to suit ur new hours ;) 

And? Hang in there.

• Like 1

18 thousand views on... diet. (Low histamine).

2 thousand views on..... D3 (& supps).

How odd that what goes into our bodies - through our mouths - are viewed so extremely often? 

I believe its pretty important to eat. Dont stop eating. Im not sure why? But i think its real important to simply eat, whatever u want. But just keep eating. Feed the machine - it takes a lot of calories to keep ur brain thinking. Coffee and scrambled eggs? Helps me sleep.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 8:07 AM, xxx said:

Hey Cast Iron,

Sorry to be so slow coming to the party.  As long as your serum calcium assay remains within its normal reference range there's no hypercalcemia, a.k.a., vitamin D3 intoxication/toxicity.

I've kept my 25(OH)D3 up around 450 nmol/L (180 ng/mL) for quite a while as you can see in the 5-year chart of my lab assays for 25(OH)D3, calcium and PTH.. 

wr8eweL.jpg

It's presently up around 680 nmol/L (270 ng/mL) due to Fall/Winter leaf mold spores that trigger allergic rhinitis.  After many years watching my assays for serum 25(HO)D3, calcium and PTH, my PCP looks at my 25(OH)D3 assay, smiles and then says, "I have no problem with your 25(OH)D3 this high as long as it helps prevent your CH and your serum calcium remains within its normal reference range."

Mast cells, part of our immune system's family of white blood cells, release large quantities of histamine and other proinflammatory mediators when insulted by allergens.  The histamine in turn, triggers neurons and glia within our trigeminal ganglia to express Calcitonin Gene-Related Peptides (CGRP) and other neuropeptides.  Neurologists tell us the CGRP expressed within neurons and glia is responsible for the neurogenic inflammation and the pain we know as cluster headache. 

The bottom line is histamine to a CHer is like Kryptonite to Superman - Bad News.  None of the prevents including vitamin D3 work very well during an allergic reaction.  Many CHers, me included, have found a combination of 3,000 mg/day Tumeric (Curcumin), 3,000 mg/day Resveratrol, 6 to 8 grams/day vitamin C (taken in divided doses throughout the day), double the Omega-3 dose and Benadryl (Diphenhydramine HCL) at 25 mg 4 times a day all help block histamine effects and this lets the genetically active vitamin D3 metabolite 1,25(OH)2D3 down-regulate the expression of CGRP, other neuropeptides and proinflammatory mediators.

This cocktail of extra supplements can take as little as a day and up to a week to take effect for some CHers. Others will find it makes their CH less severe and more controllable, like easily aborted with oxygen therapy.

I also use a combination of 100,000 IU/day of Bio-Tech D3-50 and 0.5 mL/day (40,000 IU/day) of the Nutrasal Micro D3 taken sublingual as a loading dose.

EvkQu6n.jpg

The Atkins-Ketogenic Diet can help.  Avoid all sugars and fruit juices high in fructose.  Avoiding all wheat and grain products can also help.  If you do eat grain products, make sure they are Non-GMO.  Most wheat and grain products are contaminated with glyphosate, the herbicide in RoundUp..  Ir causes all kinds of problems.  As a herbicide it kills off the friendly colonies of bacteria living in our GI tract called the microbiome.

A unique aspect of glyphosate’s insidious cumulative toxicity is its ability to get inserted into proteins by mistake in place of the coding amino acid glycine.  Glycine is the smallest amino acid – one of the twenty or so building blocks of proteins according to the DNA code. Glyphosate is a complete glycine molecule, except that it has an extra methylphosphonate unit attached to its nitrogen atom.

Hope this helps.

V/R, Batch

Batch?  Thank u ever so much for such

A clear intelligent article.  So then if someone

Dumped roundup on soneones pillow or their

favorite easy chair? Or on their einfoe screens? 

Would that activate the glyphosate interrupt the glycine

And wldi it kill u by increasing the allergic inflammatory response

response to where ur body became so allergic thst

It changed iver ftom mcas to mastocytosis?  Am i tracking 

You correctly on this?  An EgG rxn when u ate then wld f

ollow? Or eld u have EgG rxn to products w roundup ?

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s an update. Having a rough time in ClusterVille that is why I clime in late. I have my recent lab test on the vit D3. I didn’t take the vit D3 for a month and the value remains at 400+, which makes me wonder @xxx Batch. I still take the cofactors so I would expect that the stacked amount vit D3 would be metabolised anyway and should decrease over a month. But is remains at the high level. I am not inclined to start taking the vit D3 again as this might also get stacked on top of the 400+ and would further increase the level. Do you have any ideas?

@spiny, yes they do allow to have O2 at home, although there needs to be sticker at your front door indicating O2 is present for the Fire Department in case of a house fire/calamity. On the meds I take, everything of which the doc felt or feels can make a contribution, so that’s currently verapamil (720mg), sandomigran (3mg), naratriptan (2,5), O2, sumatriptan (3mg and 6mg). I am hesitant to drop one as in the past is has shown doing this, the number and severity of the attacks ramp up very quickly into a high cycle with Kipp 8-9-10’s (I am chronic and have low and high cycles). So it is merry-go-round on finding out what works well besides the meds and what not. Although soft drugs are legalised here, I am not the type for busting.

It is not much of a life I am living @Sue mcdonald, but adhere to what you are saying. When you can permit yourself to try something else like mineral baths and enjoying the simple things in life, you absolutely should do this. However I am in high cycle now and on a constant watch on what works and what not, so morning walks help indeed to walk off the early one, but after 4 attacks I can solve with O2, the O2 alone does not work anymore and have to use the sumatriptan, often followed by O2 to get the beast at bay for a couple of hours. I would really like to experiment with the things you suggest, but actually scared to do so as I do not know what it can invoke and have had bad clusters when I changed something in my diet for example, so it is not as easy as you say “If u want to eat something? Eat it. Be happy all u can be”. For me happiness is beyond ClusterVille.

Thanks all for listening  

That is pretty wretched Cast Iron!!!

Have you tried hitting an Energy drink when your hit first starts? Like on your way to the O2? Many do that and it helps a lot. I use plain cold coffee personally and it works for me. It often helps with the O2 aborting the hit. I will let someone with experience chime in on the triptans. I never could take them.

I can see why you avoid the D too since your value has not dropped. Drat.

• Like 1

Hey Cast Iron,

I suspect the lab assay method being used to measure your 25(OH)D3 has an upper measurement limit around 400 nmol/L (160 ng/mL).  You need to ask your PCP to specify the LC-MS/MS: liquid chromatography-dual mass spectrometry assay for your 25(OH)D3.  This assay method has a maximum measurement of 512 ng/mL for the combined D2 - D3.  As your 25(OH)D2 measurement is likely less than 4 ng/mL, this assay method should measure your 25(OH)D3 as high as 508 ng/mL.

If you followed the treatment protocol I had published on the VitaminDWiki web site at the following link, you would have seen the recommended assay be done at Quest Diagnostics with the QuestAssureD™ 25-Hydroxyvitamin D (D2, D3).

http://www.vitamindwiki.com/tiki-download_wiki_attachment.php?attId=7708

The following chart of my assays for 25(OH)D3 were measured with the Quest Diagnostics QuestAssureD™ 25-Hydroxyvitamin D (D2, D3) assay method.

BsHEerd.jpg

As you can see, when I stopped taking vitamin D3 for three months in a 25(OH)D3 burn down test, my 25(OH)D3 assay dropped by 45 ng/mL (112.5 nmol/L) or 15 ng/mL per month.  I might add that I remained CH pain free the entire time.

How is your head?  Are you still CH pain free?

Take care and please keep us posted,

V/R Batch

• Like 1

Hello Batch,

Thanks for the reply, next time i will ask for the extended test as you advise, also will look into the other supplements.

I am not pain free, that's the point. I am in cycle now since June last year without a pain free period longer than 4 days, so technically i am chronic now. I started the D3 regime in March last year and ramped up the D3 as per protocol. In April last year, after 6 weeks into the D3 regime, i dropped one verapamil (from 720 to 600mg) hoping that the D3 would be able to hold the beast at bay. It was not long before the beast came out to play with a vengeance, in the following months I had >200 attacks/month. Still I continued the D3 and the other meds, but had to up the verapamil again to 720 to get number of attacks below 200. 

Would it be possible that the D3 is just not working for me? Have you seen or heard of similar cases?

Take care! 

Hey Cast Iron,

We've seen CH frequency go up when CHers cut back or discontinued verapamil.  Good head work sides with the obvious conclusion, If you're following the anti-inflammatory protocol and you're still taking verapamil, it's best to stick with the verapamil dose that keeps CH frequency low.

I've spent the last 10 years analyzing data from the online survey of CHers following this protocol to gain control of their CH and hopefully stop them and direct feed back from CHers.  What I've concluded is allergic reactions are the single biggest problem that keeps vitamin D3 from doing its thing to control and prevent CH.  As allergic reactions kick off large quantities of histamine and histamine to a CHer is like Kryptonite to Superman, bad news.  We need to get the allergic reaction under control first to give vitamin D3 and the cofactors a chance to do their thing.

The best course of action involves taking 3 grams/day each of Turmeric (Curcumin), Resveratrol, Quercetin and Omega-3 fatty acids.  These are the best and most effective natural antihistamines we can take short of a first-generation antihistamine like Benadryl (Diphenhydramine HCL) taken at 25 mg every 4 hours throughout the day.

I've also tried a nasal rinse by cupping my hands under warm running water then lowering my nose into the water and inhaling enough water to reach the back of the nasal cavity then blow it out.  Keep your head down while doing this to prevent water from running down the back of your throat.  4 to 5 snuffels like this should be sufficient to rinse the area around the Sphenopalatine ganglion or "pterygopalatine ganglion".  This is the only ganglion located outside the skull.  We have two of them each located on opposite sises of the nasal cavity and they are both connected directly to the trigeminal ganglia on both sides of our brain.  Doing this nasal rinse has helped me during the heavy leaf mold spore season.

An alternative to this over the sink nose rinse is to buy one of the Navage Nasal Rinse Systems.  They're less expensive on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284619933346?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20200818143230%26meid%3D0397482d3fdc444aa0e26ad6e537594f%26pid%3D101224%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D334041507637%26itm%3D284619933346%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DDefaultOrganicWeb%26brand%3DNavage&_trksid=p2047675.c101224.m-1

LY9UU1u.jpg

The thinking behind the nasal rinse is by doing this a few times a week, we wash away any allergens that have accumulated in the nasal mucus membranes around the Sphenopalatine gangiia on you hit side and this lowers the allergic load.  These units come with salt pills the make the rinse isotonic in salinity for less irritation.

It also helps to take at least 3 grams/day vitamin C.  I take 8 grams/day by adding two level teaspoon measures of powdered vitamin C to an 8 oz glass of water.  I take gulps throughout the day until it is all gone by bedtime.

You may need to increase your vitamin D3 dose and serum 25(OH)D3 concentration.  Do this in steps and see your PCP to test regularly for serum 25(OH)D3, calcium and PTH.

Take care and please keep us posted,

V/R Batch

Edited by xxx
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, xxx said:

I've spent the last 10 years analyzing data from the online survey..

2 hours ago, xxx said:

The best course of action involves taking 3 grams/day each of Turmeric (Curcumin), Resveratrol, Quercetin and Omega-3 fatty acids. ....Benadryl (Diphenhydramine HCL) taken at 25 mg every 4 hours......should be sufficient to rinse the area around the Sphenopalatine ganglion or "pterygopalatine ganglion".  This is the only ganglion located outside the skull.  We have two of them each located on opposite sises of the nasal cavity and they are both connected directly to the trigeminal ganglia on both ....The thinking behind the nasal rinse is by doing this a few times a week, we wash away any allergens that have accumulated in the nasal mucus membranes around the Sphenopalatine gangiia on you hit side and this lowers the allergic load. It also helps to take at least 3 grams/day vitamin C.  

So much to take in and think about. 

The pH levels, start day iff with orange juice. Really quite a few diet avenues anymore for high protein. I used water pik to irrigate sinuses. Warm steam in a bathroom, hot min pools are great, saline solution to wash sinuses is best. Im chiming in to agree w @xxx. Vit C = good. D3= good.. Apparently we are back to our natural world to help us :)

its all alot to take in, think about. But, it makes a lot of sense. Word of warning- don't try odd things in your nasal irrigation - i did. Warm saline solution with distilled water, is best. Seems so crazy just to conceptualize that chas can be histamine, inflammatory reaction related.

Add in glutamate/ketamine and melatonin/serotonin pathways also implicated? It starts to unravel a huge medical knot. pH, diet, ice vs hot water, sleep,... etc...

thanks

Sue,

A glass of Orange juice is a good way to start the day except for all the Fructose.  That said you would need to eat 36 naval oranges a day to get 3 grams of vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid).  1000 mg vitamin C capsules are much less expensive and the powdered bulk vitamin C even less expensive.  Watch the video of Linus Pauling explain why we need 6 to 7 grams/day vitamin C to prevent disease and illness.  He took 18 grams/day vitamin C.

Linus Pauling was 92 when this presentation was recorded.  He was awarded 2 individual Nobel Prizes, the first in Chemistry for his papers on Quantum Mechanics and the shape of molecules and the second for Peace for stopping above ground nuclear warhead testing. 

He had many critics of his recommendation to take 7 grams of vitamin C per day and even more if suffering from a disease.  When he died at age 93, he still had two more Nobel Prizes than any of his critics... and,  he had outlived most of them.

V/R, Batch

• Like 2

On 1/21/2022 at 7:25 AM, Cast Iron said:

...watch on what works and what not, so morning walks help indeed to walk off the early one,......

Can you build on what does work? I heard on a blog a couple of older folks advising a newbie? To get out of the house, as soon as you wake up. And apoarently that specifically works for you. Can u go for a longer walk? Buy a brkfst sammy n coffee (or Monster ;) and prolongbthat time of normalcy?  I subscribe to the migrain train of thot.. its better to jump on the pain asap when it starts. The faster, the better - ot just slows the whole shootin' match down. I think. And thats group advise w rb or Monster, and Vit D3, too. Isn't it?  Could you try to enlarge your good protocols & good times? 

On 1/21/2022 at 7:25 AM, Cast Iron said:

I would really like to experiment with the things you suggest, but actually scared to do so as I do not know what it can invoke and have had bad clusters when I changed something in my diet for example, so it is not as easy as you say “If u want to eat something? Eat it. Be happy all u can be”. 

Olay, Cast Iron, Points well made. Fear - can and often will freeze u up. I'm a girl - we start worrying abt our weight and consequences to eating when young. So i have a life time behind me and i dont let fear rule me, much ;)  and yet i am a strong advocate to listen to your body & do what it tells you.  Inderstand being backed into a corner over pain & medical issues. When hypothyroid and slowly dying? I was super sensitive to blood sugar problems. So ibegan drinking things like oj, tea, Gatorade, fruit juice? Diluted 60 h2o/40 drink. Its just what I've continued to this day. Hi protein for long time so switching bits @ isn't so hard - for me. Altho.. i do believe I've heard it said when we stop eating. Is when this gets  REALLY  difficult. Just... be cateful of fear freezing you up. 

Started d3 maybe week ago. Didnt load right.

Had worst nite ever last nite.

Shavin it a little close.... need quercetin etc.. need to re.organize mentally how to handle these ... :/   cldnt even remember Monster drink n id just bought more that afternoon. I don't kno... just need to be able to reprocess way i handle chas. And naybe thats not so doable...  

• Sad 1

Hey Sue,

Roughly 3% of CHers experience a spike in CH frequency and intensity shortly after starting vitamin D3 therapy.  What appears to be happening is a shortage of vitamin D3 cofactors at the cellular level is causing this problem.  These cofactors are needed to support the enzymatic processes that metabolize or more correctly Hydroxylate vitamin D3 to its genetically active metablolite 1,25(OH)2D3.  There are a lot of moving parts to the hydroxylation process and other supporting enzymatic processes along the vitamin D3 metabolic pathway that are needed to support vitamin D3 enabled genetic expression.  The following chart illustrates all the enzymes involved.

4gHrmEf.jpg

A lack of vitamin D3 cofactors at any part of this process can cause problems.  The best course of action should a spike in CH frequency and intensity occur after starting this treatment protocol is to stop taking vitamin D3 for a few days, but continue taking ALL the cofactors.  This problem usually cures itself anyway, but following the above suggested process makes it happen much faster.

V/R, Batch

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 8:07 AM, xxx said:

The bottom line is histamine to a CHer is like Kryptonite to Superman - Bad News.  None of the prevents including vitamin D3 work very well during an allergic.... Tumeric..Curcumin...Resveratrol...vitamin C..

...extra supplements can take as little as a day and up to a week...

CH....more....easily aborted with oxygen therapy.. Most wheat and grain products are contaminated with glyphosate, the herbicide in RoundUp..  Ir causes all kinds of problems.  As a herbicide it kills off the friendly colonies of bacteria living in our GI tract called the microbiome.

A unique aspect of glyphosate’s insidious cumulative toxicity is its ability to get inserted into proteins by mistake....Glyphosate is a complete glycine molecule, except that it has an extra methylphosphonate unit attached to its nitrogen atom.

It hurt to cut anything out of that text. But? I have to be very cautious abt taking herbals.  I can eat herbal? But need to be careful to not dose w them.

So yes - i added D3 gleefully. But didnt add quercetal or minerals or reservatrol. So that may have been contributory to sustained n increased chas. I bought most of additional the day before i had that bad one. But? Buying them doesnt much help - kinda like buying the exercise videos doesnt cut it. U have to actually actively participate ;)  im ok w vit's & min's.

Question? Is there a way to intake reservatrol and quercetin by eating normally? Or must u intake large amts via health store additives? 

Thanking u in advance -S

Hey Sue,

Red wine has resveratrol, but you'll get hammered drinking enough red wine to equal 3 grams of resveratrol.  A couple handfuls of dark grapes will help a little.

As far as Quercetin goes, see the following link.  Most are super foods.. 

https://www.healwithfood.org/foods-that-contain/best-quercetin-sources.phphttps://www.healwithfood.org/foods-that-contain/best-quercetin-sources.php

V/R, Batch

On 2/1/2022 at 3:08 PM, xxx said:

Red wine has resveratrol, but you'll get hammered drinking enough red wine...

French red & german white :)

i have that excellent vintner tasting ability. Few years back realised also applies to vodka. Weird but true  :rolleyes:  Problem is lately? I aint drinkin a'tall. I fault myself in so far as being a doctor? Im super slow at coming to a dx, or giving med advise? Im like day late, dollar short. Well -> like that fam' up at hot mineral pool ... i should have gone on red alert as he described his past problem w Monster drinks. Barrett's is nothing to pooh pooh and ignore. Faster dx is definitely better. And i missed that opportunity. Altho i think id have liked emerg med? Theres so many ins & outs, tricks of the trade so to speak. I would have been too old to really be effective in that arena. Next life. LoL