Hey all

potlimit

Been a lurker/not-so-frequent poster on CH for a while now... always with a curious eyebrow raised in this direction.

To make a long story short, I hadn't had an attack in about a year, and I always got a weeks worth of shadow warnings before my clusters.  Yesterday I got hit without warning.

So here's where I stand: My optimal defenses are O2 and Relpax, however, the efficacy of both decreases substantially as a cluster progresses.  For example, I can typically split a 40mg Relpax in half and that will almost completely get rid of my first couple week's attacks.  But by the end of the second month I'm lucky if a whole pill aborts it for more than 2 hours.

So coupled with this latest development of "no shadow warning" I'm a bit nervous this isn't going to be my typical attack.  I'm now willing to do whatever.

Here's my question (and please, I read and research plenty, so kindly withhold any 'do your research comments'): Shrooms, LSD or RC seeds, or two or three in tandem?  I'm simply looking for everyone's opinion.  I'm willing to put up with the usual laundry list of side effects, but if I'm going to do this I'd rather just give it my best shot first.

All input is greatly appreciated, and I thank everyone in advance for their time.

Thanks

Mase

Mase,

If you have shrooms I would dose with 1.5g by way of tea.

If it will be a long time before you have shrooms, I would order RC seeds and dose with 20. Wait 5 days and up the dose and repeat if necessary. If you order RC seeds today, you should have them by the middle of the week.

Best shot is shrooms.

Seeds work very well. I often start with seeds and make a final dose shrooms. And vice versa--- mixing it up---on a tough cycle.     Good luck     Leslie

You say you've done your research but you didn't mention oxygen. Do you use o2 with an opti2mask? If not go to the menu bar on the left of this page and go to oxygen.

The correct set up is imperative and is a life saver for most if not all of us.

Mushrooms and oxygen will give you your life back...the combination has saved me for sure.

Take care and welcome to the board of the damned :)

Dan

I agree about 1.5g of mushrooms being a good serious frontal assault.

If you do go with seeds though, I would go for a dose of a good 50 or so for the first dose. I've done this on many occasions before bed, and usually experience one minute of nausea, no tripping (I was asleep though).

1.5g of mushrooms on the other hand can send me on a bit of a bonafide trip, but it is a more effective treatment for me so far than RC seeds.

Glad you understand the side effect possibilities, since bad trips can be experienced on mushrooms, but the way I look at it, at least it is shorter than an LSD trip.

For most, LSD is the most effective abortant; followed by shrooms and then RC seeds. Most though, start with RC seeds. If they don't work, they try shrooms and then LSD. Many, many people find that a combination of RC seeds, high-volume O2 hyper-ventilation through a non-rebreather mask and energy drinks containing caffeine and taurine are enough to do the trick.

Thanks to all of you who have replied...

Unfortuantely shotgunning caffeine/taurine have never yielded positive results for me (sometimes the opposite actually).  O2 is second only to the Relpax, but like I said, as the cluster progresses the efficacy decreases dramatically.

Bonkers: It was my plan to just go straight to LSD but I seemed to have overestimated my ability to procure lol... apparently I can still get any other, um, "pharmaceutical" (cough cough) here in Vegas, just not THAT.  And, curiously enough, there seems to be an RC shortage among all internet Shamans, soooo, it looks like I'm going to go with the 1.5 gm dosage of shrooms that Leslie was kind enough to recommend up above.

I shall report back on my results, and again, I really do appreciate all of your help.

Thanks again,

Mase

Yes please do report back, and best of luck with the 1.5 g - it just may do something significant for you.  8-)

Hopefully you won't have to take any relpax before mushroom dosing for this sudden CH episode onset, so you don't have to be concerned about detoxing from the replax before mushroom dosing.....

It would also be good to know if you have adopted the power user style of O2 use, with high liter flows - up to 45 LPM or so if necessary - and special non rebeather mask?

Bejeeber:

I don't have the special fighter pilot edition regulator lol, so I don't get that high of flow... mine only goes to 15 lpm so that's what I use it at (with optimask).  Brought my optimask to the ER one time and used their O2 at 25 lpm to similar results (semi-aborted attack in approx. 8-10 mins).

Hey Potlimit, yeah I know what you're saying - as the cluster progresses the efficacy of the O2 and most everything else decreases for me too.

When I hit peak cycle I find that hopping on the O2 right at onset and hyperventilating at 45 LPM with a big 'ol retrofitted 40 gallon trash bag reservoir already inflated and ready to go is the only way I can get an abort.

Upgrading your regulator to a higher flow model (I use a flotec), hyperventilating and using a larger reservoir bag might be worth a try for you too?