2nd Trip up the Hill with no CH

BoscoPiko

So I have discovered that altitude (up) when in cycle is a sure hit, but if out of cycle I'm good to go. I wonder if this would be the same for flying? The altitude of our primary home is around 768 and our vacation home is around 5,800. When all this lovley cranium joy started happening I didn't understand when my cycle started or ended so I became scared to go to our vacation home because it seemed that it would always end with me being in pain. Knowing what I didn't know then has helped me to make the trip up pain free. I suppose it takes a few years or at least it did for me to know my cycle (important stuff knowing your cycle is). Here is a pick or the driveway and my husband trudging through the snow to get the tractor to clear the driveway (terrible image quality) have to resize the image so small to get it to upload :rolleyes:

1491.jpg

The exact reason that I try my very best not to leave my mountain from September thru March!! Going down is fine. Returning home is most certainly NOT. 'Down' for me is over 2000'. 

I have only flown once and that was in September. Scared the shite out of me, but I only had one hit after I landed!!

Air is less dense and lower pressure up here, that is the problem. As it is with weather fronts. 

We are prepping for 8"s of snow in the next 24 here. Now yesterday, it was 65*. In less than 24 hours, we will hit single digits!!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, spiny said:

have only flown once and that was in September. Scared the shite out of me,

I haven attempted as of yet (scared) to try but have a little confidence that I might be ok as long as I'm 100% out of cycle. Where abouts are you located? That's some weather your getting!

Smokey Mountains or Blue Ridge Mountains. This winter is whacky!!

I am still sucking up the Asian Stink Bugs that I hate into January.They should have been gone prior to turkey day! Now it is finally going to freeze hard, so hopefully they will be gone for the year!! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, spiny said:

Smokey Mountains or Blue Ridge Mountains. This winter is whacky!!

I am still sucking up the Asian Stink Bugs that I hate into January.They should have been gone prior to turkey day! Now it is finally going to freeze hard, so hopefully they will be gone for the year!! 

Must be beautiful where you are!

4 hours ago, BoscoPiko said:

I have discovered that altitude (up) when in cycle is a sure hit, but if out of cycle I'm good to go. I wonder if this would be the same for flying?

I have personally found out of cycle flying to be no prob, no experience of rogue hits or anything so far, so I would hope it would be the same for you @BoscoPiko. I just have the pocket pal abortives discussed previously in my pocket at all times just in case. Your snow looks beautiful BTW, even if it did have to be crammed into the teeniest pic. It was 80 degrees here (Austin) yesterday. But went to 28 degrees overnight - hello temperature whiplash. :D

1 hour ago, Bejeeber said:

I have personally found out of cycle flying to be no prob, no experience of rogue hits or anything so far, so I would hope it would be the same for you @BoscoPiko. I just have the pocket pal abortives discussed previously in my pocket at all times just in case. Your snow looks beautiful BTW, even if it did have to be crammed into the teeniest pic. It was 80 degrees here (Austin) yesterday. But went to 28 degrees overnight - hello temperature whiplash. :D

Serious whiplash!

Me and the missus fly a lot when I'm out of cycle .only been hit once when we flow to Mexico, always carry triptan injections on flight with me even when out of cycle just in case . Plus when I came out of military I drove coaches all over Europe and during the winter I would have to take holiday makers to the French, Austrian,Italian and Swiss alps for ski trips .The highest was Val thorens in France which was 7545 feet never got hit whilst up there , but again I only drove those trips if out of cycle 

• Like 1

Diving and altitude issues on the old site, ioriginally brought me here. Frequently when id go into a bad chas, i would go to higher elevation mountain wise. Overall it seemed to help my old chas. Just not getting them as bad at all now. Sleep is resolving also. So im pretty much good to go lately. All  sx better :)

• Like 1