in regards to RC seeds

Cassidy

I was wondering if everyone that uses RC seeds soaked in water, uses non-fluoridated water? I've been at this for some time and have always used tap water. Don't know how I missed the part about fluoride, but I did. At the same time I have had success. So what do you think? Is this important?

Makes me wonder what else I think I know but don't know.

Guess that's why I have to check for news everyday. :-?

Leslie

Thanks Jerry,

What you say does sound familiar to me. Guess maybe I just forgot about it.

Probably a good idea to use the spring water. Can't hurt. :)

I usually use water from the tap and lemon juice. That works for me, but maybe spring water would work better.

It is the little things that make me crazy.    Leslie

Hi Tingeling,

Our drinking water from the tap is treated with fluoride. (and other chemicals) I have always used tap water and lemon to soak my RC seeds and I don't believe it was any problem.

Maybe the dose would be a little stronger, I don't know. I just forgot somewhere along the line that spring water or bottled water was recommended. I don't think it is a big deal with our water.

I wouldn't be concerned over the water, don't think it is a big deal.

Cheers   Leslie

I think the dose is stronger with the wine.

http://www.clusterbusters.com/faqlsa.htm

2.2 Rivea corymbosa

The entire seed(s) should be crushed and soaked in water for 2 hours prior to drinking the water and consuming the seeds.

This is confirmed in an article by Albert Hofmann in 1971:

"Ololiuqui (Rivea corymbosa) was used by the ancient Aztecs not only as a potion but also as an ingredient of magical ointments. At the present time the crushed seeds are taken in water..."

Here's a link to a related article: (compliments of Erowid)

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/references/other/1971_hofmann_bulletin-narcotics.shtml#s110

3. LSA hydrolysis (extraction)

Do not heat as is done with extracting psilocybin from mushrooms. Soaking in water is sufficient.

The process involved isn't really "extraction", it's hydrolysis of the ergoline alkaloids into LSA. Hydrolysis is a chemical process of decomposition involving the splitting of a bond and the addition of the hydrogen cation and the hydroxide anion of water. Soaking the entire crushed seeds (including hulls) in wine for 24 hours doesn't "alter the LSA into something more powerful". What it does is hydrolyze the ergoline alkaloids into much more Lysergic Acid Amide.

The efficacy may be due to the combination of ergoline alkaloids and LSA. Hydrolyzing all of the ergoline alkaloids into LSA may be less effective in treating CH. The unwanted (non-ergoline) alkaloids are not hydrolyzed into LSA, but their decomposition from alcohol may reduce their negative effects.

I suspect that soaking them in wine for 24 hours produces a lot more LSA than those same seeds would have produced if they were soaked in water for 2 hours. Also, never consume the husks of HBW seeds. There's no telling what that horrible stuff in the husks will do to you.

I miss ya BB

the bb

• 2 weeks later...

Having done tons of reading on the seeds subject before my first bust:  I've read on several sites that it's the chlorine in tap water that combines with LSA and converts it to something else.  Since reading that I always use distilled water instead of tap or spring water.  (Spring water can still have chemicals, but distilled doesn't).

Water extracts much of the LSA, but alcohol extracts slightly more (wine or other spirit).  Obviously alcohol is a trigger for most with CH.

Jeff

I've read on several sites that it's the chlorine in tap water that combines with LSA and converts it to something else

I been going over and over why the seeds almost stopped working and then gave me an allergic reaction after the first times. Now i know, i didn`t use tap water. At least i hope so!!

Thank you Leslie and Keith :)