Long Remission Only to Return

charles87sf

3 hours ago, xBoss said:

I used to do the hot showers when in massive pain and it helped. I'm not sure if I knew how to abort CH back then. I think the hot soaks work due to a big change in blood pressure or blood flow so the shower would probably work but maybe a little bit less effective. I have still not done oxy for aborts so this was my replacement. Def. getting a tank for the next cycle which seems to be coming soon because I'm getting muscle lock and tension lately.

......screaming hot shower on the pain point took it down a couple notches....came right back when i stopped. never tried the hot soak as i'm a big guy and had a tiny apt tub..... wouldn't have thought of it anyway. did usta walk into the -20 F freezer at work with high expectation and low result. felt good cuz i sweated a lot, but no change in pain level. lotsa folks helped by a bag o' frozen peas. have always wondered if these temp gyrations we do help by distraction, blood flow, blood pressure, fooling the hypothalamus, or something else???

xB ...OXYGEN brother!!  way faster and drier than filling up that tub....literally life changing for me. when it worked (usually but not always) the pain drained away like water down a pipe....it was a weird and awesome feeling at the same time...

• Like 2

Does a hot soak work better than a hot shower because sitting in a tub drains blood out of your head, but a hot shower - especially if spraying hot water on your head - doesn't?

Also causes me to wonder if keeping ice cubes in the mouth, pressed against roof of mouth, while sitting your lower half down into a hot tub could be an enhanced, if not all that more eccentric, strategy?

Maybe if in a cold climate, sitting in hot tub, while sticking head out the window into the freezing air. Could at least provide an opportunity to converse with neighbors while aborting an attack.

• Haha 3

OK let's make a pact to try exactly that, and let us not forget to puff on some DMT at the same time, while remembering it is only polite in such instances to share with neighbors. 

Wait, firing up some DMT right when sucking O2 would be a highly combustible situation, but talk about going out in blazes of glory as we take flight in bathtubs over the roofs of the neighborhood.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bejeeber said:

...Maybe if in a cold climate, sitting in hot tub, while sticking head out the window into the freezing air. Could at least provide an opportunity to converse with neighbors while aborting an attack.

All autumn, winter, and spring- summer, too. i go to hot mineral springs and sit, walk, and swim, in hot mineral pools. It helps to sit in super hot for ur back and neck. It helps to exercise in that heat? Its like doing hot yoga... ur muscles all loosen up and u can stretch out and swim walk stretch - whatever.  u also absorb a mega dose of minerals into ur body......  its like epsom salts in the bathtub? It drains ur soreness out of u, and its most lovely to sit in the heat w steam.... and watch it snow on u. A very beautiful experience. And i found out long ago? Yes, it does help slow the chas ;) u r encouraged to bring a drink (usually no alcohol allowed - ppl have died in the hot pools and drunk is often a factor there). So its great to watch the stars, the snow, to feel ur body rest and regenerate, share a bit of time w others,  and i can be pretty much be normal there. NOW? I can bring a monster to drink, too :)

Many many states have hot springs. Ive hiked 2 miles in, in Oregon, to paulana lake w my dogs.. only to find i was supposed to bring a shovel and dig my own pool out of the mud. Saratoga ny. Indian hot springs in idaho springs colo, Pagosa springs colo, cottonwood springs colo, Steamboat Springs, colo has great big pools - cooler in wintertime. Glenwood co is very geared to kids. Saratoga wyo is great - open 24/7 and free. Summer theres a pool for kids. Thermopolis wyo? Good for kids, too. Weiser, idaho? Nice little place. White sulphur hot springs mt? =good. Hot springs mt  has a lotta lithium? So u feel floaty. Ppl say its the closest to russia's hot springs for those missing the old country ;) great old hotel on premises. 

from Banf Canada to New Mexico? Many hot min springs along mntns. Some classy & expensive? Some free. Some geared to kids & family fun. Some dig ur own in the mud.  Many states have them. The native americans thot of them as a place of peace where everyone cld gather. Wagon Trains wld often stop in hot min springs to stay and sell their wares because pplalready knew how to find em & tended to congregate around them anyways.  If u have old war wounds? U might seek them out and they help chas and theyre a national treasure, too. So if ur kids r underfoot and u suffer w chas? Think abt taking a break n go explore a hot mineral spring and pool, take a picnik lunch along for kids.  Have fun. Enjoy.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, CHfather said:

IV caffeine?

ummm.....or coffee enemas, but that's a whole different forum...or so i've heard....

...and now that i'm thinking about it, ice cubes in mouth....or shoved somewhere else? i expect Heebie Jeebie will keep us apprised...

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Bejeeber said:

Maybe if in a cold climate, sitting in hot tub, while sticking head out the window into the freezing air. Could at least provide an opportunity to converse with neighbors while aborting an attack.

Saratoga, wyo? Wld be a great place to have a cluster.buster's confetence. ;) motels can be got super cheap jan, feb, march- especially if i make reserv's enbloc at some. U learn how the restaurants stagger their hours so u can get good meals. Theres always the 2 gas stations that r used to feeding folks. With the hot min pool and the cooler pool, and then for the rly tough guys? Theres always the "Lobster Pot", small but mighty hot. All open 24/7 and free. And if u so desire a cold plunge? The north platte river is *right there, w its own hot springs and colder areas for u, again 24/7 open n free. They have a lovely new convention center. Theres an airport right there. Travel in? Give urself cpl extra days to get in and out. In case of a snow storm. It can be an adventure coming from i25 thru laramie... ;) but its assesable. Ive done it so many times in my trk and in my itty bitty car. Might be an idea to think abt. Old Baldys Club is by there, too. And if u r oozin big bucks? They have hi end rental homes at the ranch - where u can take horses out and round up cattle, w the boys....

• Like 1

SOLD on the hot springs Sue - they in all seriousness sound like a most excellent environ for a clusterhead.

54 minutes ago, jon019 said:

or coffee enemas..... i expect Heebie Jeebie will keep us apprised

"Fill it to the rim with Brim" is one I've trotted out when this particular coffee subject has come up in the past (Shaun if they don't have Brim in the UK, it's a coffee brand, and that used to be their advertising slogan).

• Haha 2

On 1/19/2022 at 4:47 PM, Bejeeber said:

SOLD on the hot springs Sue - they in all seriousness sound like a most excellent environ for a clusterhead.

The mineral salts in the water? Act like epsom salts in a bathtub. They pull the soreness out of ur body. U feel weak afterwards. It REALLY rly helps u sleep better, deeper, more relaxed.  ;) i had no idea how beneficial hot springs were...  love em. Up there w Monster. LoL