1/ 2022. CLUSTER HEAD ACHE SYNDROME (chas) What we know (under construct)

Sue mcdonald

10 hours ago, Shaun brearley said:

Strange I lose so much weight when in cycle as I don't feel like eating plus I vomit really bad if I get hit with Kipp 9 or 10s , but I am really thirsty after an attack 

Shaun, cast iron and list.

Theres a quick way to check ur thyroid. Look at ur fingernails. I believe this would be more applicable to chronics..  but if ur body is hypothroid? Ur nail tips will tend to go straight across. If u r hyperthyroid? The nail ought to be curved down into the sudes of the tip. Wont matrer much how u file them. This dx is pretty true. The pre med books all turn back to the statement that the end result of successful thyroid supplementation is indicated by the effect it has on peripheral tissues. Short n sweet - if ur bodys hypothy? Nail tops straight across. If hyperthy? Nails will curve at tips. Changes show up in just a few dsys.  Look now at ur nails - lemme me kno  :) this may be helpful to chas w weight losses. Not a doc, cant dx or tx. Just a tip i was told abt by a doc.

fyi? The man who devised the tsh test? stated it should never be used to quantify doseage of thy meds. He eschewed using tsh test for standardizing therapeutic dose amounts. He thot if.if. doc thot patient might have thy issues? Tsh test wld give evidence to doc his dx was on correct path.

He believed strongly that the patient should be tx on basis of signs & sx, *NOT* by tsh test.

Nurses study (long term) showed preference for higher dose than tsh indicated and nurses were allowed higher doses. There were no adverse issues w higher amounts used by nurses.

9 hours ago, Sue mcdonald said:

Theres a quick way to check ur thyroid. Look at ur fingernails. I believe this would be more applicable to chronics..  but if ur body is hypothroid? Ur nail tips will tend to go straight across. If u r hyperthyroid? The nail ought to be curved down into the sudes of the tip. Wont matrer much how u file them. This dx is pretty true. The pre med books all turn back to the statement that the end result of successful thyroid supplementation is indicated by the effect it has on peripheral tissues. Short n sweet - if ur bodys hypothy? Nail tops straight across. If hyperthy? Nails will curve at tips. Changes show up in just a few dsys.  Look now at ur nails - lemme me

Trouble with that sue is I bite my nails so I can't really tell :lol:

2 hours ago, Shaun brearley said:

Trouble with that sue is I bite my nails so I can't really tell :lol:

Eell. Yes, i believe u still can look at them snd see the nail tip goes strsit across.. or else it curves down the sides. I sometimes bite mine too.

But? .....  Shaun? I guess u r just extra special  ;)

My finger nails are curved Sue, while my nails on my toes are straight. I do not bite either haha. You mention peripheral tissues…can i mention the excess amount of callusus i have -which i can file quite often but seems not to make any difference because within days its back-or is this not related?

6 hours ago, Cast Iron said:

My finger nails are curved Sue, while my nails on my toes are straight. I do not bite either haha. You mention peripheral tissues…can i mention the excess amount of callusus i have -which i can file quite often but seems not to make any difference because within days its back-or is this not related?

Shaun n cast iron -  everyone's  body is different.  And all of us r working towards maintaining homeostasis. So - u have to look at a whole body picture, and not view 1 little thing as good or bad.

The nails curving down on sides wld mean ur bodies r running a bit hyperthyroid - which isn't problematic? Unless u have severe *weight-loss* that worries u, or heart problems (rapid or irregular heartbeats for instance). Its part of the whole picture u'd want ur doc to look at.  Just keep an eye on ur nails. That can change to straight actoss in a few days.... if ur thyroid changes. If so? Talk it over w ur doc.... (n let me kno ;)

What in looking for, w u guys? R changes in the nail tips associated w chas cycles. 

Cast iron? As far as callouses? Do u have eczema?  Do u wear holes in ur socks? R the callouses yellowish in color? And u kno? A lot of us have callouses and it just means our feet bear the weight of our bodies. Some of us just get more callouses than others... because callouses r protective.  Simple, u kno? 

But the answers to those ??s wld help.. ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sue mcdonald said:

...nails curving down on sides wld mean ur bodies r running a bit hyperthyroid - which isn't problematic? Unless u have severe *weight-loss* that worries u, or heart problems (rapid or irregular heartbeats for.......What im looking for, w u guys? R changes in the nail tips associated w chas cycles. 

One thing i did that helped me? Was to switch from dosing thy meds in morning? Was to brk it up to 2ce/day. Then even smaller. Oddly enuff? Having blood pump thru my body? Made the chas pain worse, much worse. Of course along that line of thought is no bld pumping = no pain, but thats not conducive to life  ;) Lowered thy, spread it out, took Ca w thy to slow dwn affect. Cldnt not take it, tho...

I stopped my chas for 10 yrs w thy t3 and lorazpm. Using ... sigh... "microdosing"....  and now? New cgrp med? New chas rx?  Is calcitonin gene receptor drug. Calcitonin is one of 14 hormones the thyroid gland makes.

Calcitonin + thy t3 => drives calcium into bone.

I used thy t3 and this drug company went after calcitonin. There is a component of chas that  *IS*  thyroid related. Where my thinking is going now? Is... Maybe reason bp shoots up so high? Is its like a form of thyroid storm?  I am having more sympathy for u - cause i cld do some mediation of my chas w lowering my thy meds... most of u prolly cannot even do that. Listening to u guys describe the weight loss that u associate w chas? Makes me think abt thyroid storm. Sx of thy storm is low bp & fast high pulse. Makes it tricky to treat because if u slow the pulse u can lose the patient. Raise bp? And pulse will also go up and u can lose the patient. Sx of thyroid storm? Insomnia, irritability, grouchy. But thy storm, wld account for weight loss. I basically see the chas and thyroid interaction as being t4 to t3 conversion is stoped, pretty fast - that throws u into deep fast depr & hypothyroidism w craving to eat. If u go hyperthyroid? Itd be like too much, too fast t4 -> t3 conversion. Maybe? Maybe thy fluctuations?And maybe its a weird type of thyroid storm - w differing thyroid hormones. For me, its t4 -> t3 conversion is stopped and my thy gets.. flaky?  I don't know, exactly. I'm throwing ideas out. Keep an eye on ur nails, as u wander along the thrilling roller coaster ride of chas.

• Sue mcdonald changed the title to 1/ 2022. CLUSTER HEAD ACHE SYNDROME (chas) What we know (under construct)

Maybe leave the blankets on her? And climb on and go for a nice long walk outside in the cool air....  shed probably love that. U can bundle urself up and just enjoy.  Maybe breathing in the fresh air would help - no wet saddle pads on this adventure.

Do u have a field u could ride @ the outside of it? It cannot be any colder than ur open sided arena. Stay completely away from the roads. Once ur mare understands its just a nice mellow walk? She'll settle diwn and be fine. I used to do it all the time. Its fun. If u r not so trusting yet of her? Use a bridle.  Or a halter n lead rope might work okay.  Only thing u have to watch out for is frozen feet - urs. Rly good insulated boots would help you there. I used to do it all the time. You'll need a mounting block - i climbed into pickup bed n had horse stand still.  Its fun - they probably have a field where they spread manure, thatd work as long as there r no roads. Think of it as drinking ice water? Or breathing in air conditioning  ;) it didnt hurt my chas. It helped them. U have a nice horse.  I hate to think u cant ride much. U kno?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sue mcdonald said:

Maybe leave the blankets on her? And climb on and go for a nice long walk outside in the cool air....  shed probably love that. U can bundle urself up and just enjoy.  Maybe breathing in the fresh air would help - no wet saddle pads on this adventure.

Do u have a field u could ride @ the outside of it? It cannot be any colder than ur open sided arena. Stay completely away from the roads. Once ur mare understands its just a nice mellow walk? She'll settle diwn and be fine. I used to do it all the time. Its fun. If u r not so trusting yet of her? Use a bridle.  Or a halter n lead rope might work okay.  Only thing u have to watch out for is frozen feet - urs. Rly good insulated boots would help you there. I used to do it all the time. You'll need a mounting block - i climbed into pickup bed n had horse stand still.  Its fun - they probably have a field where they spread manure, thatd work as long as there r no roads. Think of it as drinking ice water? Or breathing in air conditioning  ;) it didnt hurt my chas. It helped them. U have a nice horse.  I hate to think u cant ride much. U kno?

Hi Sue,

I get a good amount of riding in when out of cycle about 3 days a week. When in cycle not so much. It is a good therapy..

• Like 1