Question about flu/Covid and D3

BoscoPiko

So my husband and I are both down with the flu/Covid. My question is if I take 10,000 IU a day with an occasional sublingual boost once a week of about 15/20,000 IU should I increase a bit knowing the flu depletes the D? I was sick not 2 long ago so I boosted a bit then 2 but this sickness is so bad that I could hardly walk yesterday as my entire body hurt including my joints. As for my husband he has been in bed all day with a 102 fever. We both take zinc and quercetin and I gave him a 50,000 IU D3 as he has not been taking the D. I had what most people would consider a bad headache and fever yesterday but it has subsided the worst of this seems to be bad body ache .. any info on if I should increase even more would be appreciated!

• Sad 4

43 minutes ago, BoscoPiko said:

So my husband and I are both down with the flu/covid....

...I had what most people would consider a bad headache

and fever yesterday but it has subsided..

Im so sorry BoscoPiko.  U keep a close on you and hubby, too.

Hit the vit C hard, if u have some.

Dunno abt the D. 

And even when so sick? You stilll managed to be funny  ;)

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Sue mcdonald said:

Im so sorry BoscoPiko.  U keep a close on you and hubby, too.

Hit the vit C hard, if u have some.

Dunno abt the D. 

And even when so sick? You stilll managed to be funny  ;)

Thanks Sue we are in bad way but his fever is down now and we are pushing through 

I am so sorry to read this Bosco! 

Ziinc = 50mg/day

C = 2000mg/day

D = 10K/day at least. Likely a 50k boost or two during the week will not hurt, but help.

Quercetin = What you normally take

Both of you should be taking these guys. If not Quercetin, then Benadryl will work great too.

Some hospitals are using this protocol now from the little that I have heard and read over the last year. They know that D and Zinc are a huge help. 

I pray that you both get over it soon! Hugs!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, spiny said:

I am so sorry to read this Bosco! 

Ziinc = 50mg/day

C = 2000mg/day

D = 10K/day at least. Likely a 50k boost or two during the week will not hurt, but help.

Quercetin = What you normally take

Both of you should be taking these guys. If not Quercetin, then Benadryl will work great too.

Some hospitals are using this protocol now from the little that I have heard and read over the last year. They know that D and Zinc are a huge help. 

I pray that you both get over it soon! Hugs!!!

Thanks spiny I do take all of the above daily but I've only been taking 1,000 a day of the C so I'll up that. My husband is on again off again with the supplements and is somewhat hard headed...

Smack him!!!!!! :rolleyes: Tell him it is very simple - this stuff will help him get better faster! 

Just kidding Bosco, you have to do it the way that works best for you and him. But I would smack mine for that. B) Beats being sick or having someone in the hospital give it to you. Just sayin............

Also what many hospitals are giving now to their Covid patients. 

You, feel better soon! It takes awhile to get fully over. My sons' family just had it and his face is about back to 'normal' after three weeks. While they were taking the vitamins, his neighbors showed up with a gift box holding all of those and new small toys for his two girls. His taste buds are good to go now! He had it the worst. You know, the luck of the last one to get it is to get it for longer - cold, flu, Covid!

1 hour ago, spiny said:

Smack him!!!!!! :rolleyes: Tell him it is very simple - this stuff will help him get better faster! 

Just kidding Bosco, you have to do it the way that works best for you and him. But I would smack mine for that. B) Beats being sick or having someone in the hospital give it to you. Just sayin............

Also what many hospitals are giving now to their Covid patients. 

You, feel better soon! It takes awhile to get fully over. My sons' family just had it and his face is about back to 'normal' after three weeks. While they were taking the vitamins, his neighbors showed up with a gift box holding all of those and new small toys for his two girls. His taste buds are good to go now! He had it the worst. You know, the luck of the last one to get it is to get it for longer - cold, flu, Covid!

Lol ... I'll smack him and say "that's from spiny" (kidding) I have him on board as his man flu is so bad he is willing to take whatever is suggested...and how nice of your sons neighbors!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Shaun brearley said:

You girls just don't understand how bad Man Flu really is !!!!!! 

Your 2 funny Shaun! I tell ya I'm getting an idea with all the moaning from my husband -_- The problem is that I got it one day ahead of him so in his mind I have to be feeling better than him because of that one day jump.... the words "honey will you" are starting to sound like nails on a chalkboard!! Thank goodness we don't have a bell in the house :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, BoscoPiko said:

The problem is that I got it one day ahead of him so in his mind I have to be feeling better than him because of that one day jump.... the words "honey will you" are starting to sound like nails on a chalkboard!! Thank goodness we don't have a bell in the house

The man's mind is a clever thing Lol :lol:

• Haha 2