Packers and Steelers fans......

Dallas Denny

such a shame - my husband Randy, 53 is going through his worst cycle in 20 years. We live in Colorado but he was born and raised in Wisconsin, hence a major Packer fan.  He's not even watching the tv today, exhausted from three K9 last night.  His attacks have never lasted more than 3 weeks, which will be tomorrow. Praying the Packers bring us a win and an end to this cycle, scary depression is starting to overcome him.  Any sufferers or supporters in the Colorado Springs area?

Hi Wendy,

GO PACKERS

Sorry to read about your husband. I am 53 also. I wish I were in Colorado and maybe be more helpful. I was in your husbands shoes for the superbowl for years. I am sorry he is suffering.

Mushrooms have dramatically changed things for me. NO JINX

Today I sit here pain free and not terrified of my next attack. I still get attacks and have some bad times but they are few and far between. Oxygen helps big time but the combination is a life saver.

If he hasn't tried mushrooms I would highly recommend giving them a try. It will also possibly help with the depression and sense of hopelessness and might take his attacks away after one or two doses.

Dan

thanks Dan, we just recently learned the benefits of mushrooms, just can't find any.  After spending $1350 in imitrex injections this go around we're feeling desperate.  Also, his doc won't prescribe more than 2L of O2. We borrowed a 5L concentrator but it's just not enough. Can you recommend a specific site that tells how to get hi flow oxygen? How can it be that the medical profession appears so clueless and why don't they care?

Hi Wendy,

Many folks just use welders O2 and bypass the idiot docs!!  Here's a couple of links that a sufferer who uses welding O2 put together....should give ya all the info you need but feel free to ask questions and welcome to the community!!  BTW, I grew up in Colo Springs and Security!!

http://morrobayphotos.com/ch/4step/

http://morrobayphotos.com/ch/O2primer.htm

Dallas Denny

Although I am pulling for the Steelers (wife's from Pittsburgh), I have to add...

The Green Bay Packers Are Good For America!

The Packers defeated the Chicago Bears thus earning them the opportunity to go to the Super Bowl.

By doing so, they saved the Hard-Working, Red Blooded, Taxpaying Americans literally several million dollars of tax money.

How you say? Simple... we were told that if the Chicago Bears had won that President Obama (and probably his family) would be attending the Super Bowl to cheer on his hometown team.

Since the Bears lost...the President won't be attending. The money saved from not using Air Force 1, the limosines, all the additional security, and let's not forget Michelle Obama's entourage, is literally several million dollars! 

Bob

Hey Wendy...back to O2. If one doctor won't prescribe high flow oxygen, the next doctor will. Do a little research and print some literature documenting oxygen therapy. If you will do that and kindly present it to a rational doctor, he should have no problem in prescribing it. I actually got an oxygen script from both my neueo  and family doctor. Just let them know that you know what you are talking about.

I get my medical oxygen from a ...welding and "air" place called west-air. They wanted my prescription but fill the big O2 bottle for under $10.00. That is the deal of the century. Mushrooms can wait but getting your husband the correct oxygen set up is critical. Like right now.

It will save him and when he sees how well it works he will have some peace of mind knowing "it's there". It will also work even better once he begins busting it with mushrooms

However you do it it is very important that he use at least 15lpm with an opti2mask. He will love you long time :)

Dan

he's 215lbs so thought he should increase a little to 2+ gr - laughed his ass off for a hour and said even if it doesn't stop the cycle it's worth it...to laugh again for a change!  Rolling on the floor laughing saying 'it would be hilarous if his eye would fart'. That didn't strike me as so funny but I played along ;)  He's coming down a little now, says he can feel the shadow, darn, (heavy sigh) but it's still been a much needed break.

The first thing that you will notice is a change in headache patterns.. The attacks may get worse for a short while but a change in patterns is what to look for. Have him take another dose in five days if he is still having regular attacks.

He is lucky to have you looking out for him. Let us know the progress.

Dan

Hey Denny, was this your thread??