Question about end of cycle

EmpiresBurn

Does anyone have an indication or signs that I should look for to know if my cycle is coming to an end? Like I said in my other post this is just my second cycle altogether with my first being 2019. So I don't really know how long to expect this to last or what I'm looking for as in a light at the end of the tunnel. I think the hardest part besides the pain for me is not knowing when it will end.... 

That's a good question... I'm sure it is most likely a bit different for everyone but for me I spike in and spike out. The pain I get when I have a CH feels like a spike to my rt temple in succession for up to 3-hours and sometimes longer but when I am getting close to going into or out of cycle I will get random single spikes here and there then the spiking stops all together.  I don't believe this response to be all that helpful but it's all I got on this one.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BoscoPiko said:

That's a good question... I'm sure it is most likely a bit different for everyone but for me I spike in and spike out. The pain I get when I have a CH feels like a spike to my rt temple in succession for up to 3-hours and sometimes longer but when I am getting close to going into our out of cycle I will get random single spikes here and there then the spiking stops all together.  I don't believe this response to be all that helpful but it's all I got on this one.    

I do appreciate it. As this is all new to me and I've only started with my headache log and treatments with this cycle I'm trying to gather as much information as I can mainly because I have no idea what to look for. Today has been great no shadowing or anything but I know the night usually brings them for me.

• Like 2

I am sorry you are one of us. Learning all that you can about the condition is really the best course of action especially with the fact cycles seem to morph over time and what works this time may not the next so if you have multiple tools in the tool box you are better off than not.   

• Like 1

I'm not aware of any universal cycle coming to an end indicators - I've seen some CH'ers report the attacks going out with a bang, and others report them going out with a whimper. 

For me it's been the latter - they've just kind up ramped down and fizzled out, much like they gradually ramp up for me.

• Like 1

Yeah, I think everyone kind of had their own tells and you learn yours on the way. I kind of ramp up then back down in how many I’m getting. I’ll start with one a night and work my way up to around six or seven, then cycle back down until I’m skipping days and then it just kinda doesn’t come again one day. But I think it can vary wildly by individual and by cycle too. 

• Like 3

I'm kinda with Cpt.Crispy on that. In the middle, I'll be doing 4 - 5 a day, then about a month and a half later, it will go to just 2 a day, then I'll find that Ive slept through entire night with absolutely nothing, and they're gone. It's usually about 1.5 months for me. But I did notice that if I drink a lot of Ginger Ale, it seems to help keep the attacks at a lower number. And I've also noticed that staying away from tap water helps too! Ya never know what might be in that water that can cause an attack!

10 hours ago, Jara said:

I'm kinda with Cpt.Crispy on that. In the middle, I'll be doing 4 - 5 a day, then about a month and a half later, it will go to just 2 a day, then I'll find that Ive slept through entire night with absolutely nothing, and they're gone. It's usually about 1.5 months for me. But I did notice that if I drink a lot of Ginger Ale, it seems to help keep the attacks at a lower number. And I've also noticed that staying away from tap water helps too! Ya never know what might be in that water that can cause an attack!

Interesting on the Ginger Ale thing I might have to try that.

Yesterday was a good day I didn't have anything in the afternoon and no shadowing, I thought I would take my Verapamil in the evening before bed to help me sleep through the night. But around 10:55pm I felt the start of a headache, so I resorted to my Sumatriptan to knock it out before it got bad. Rather upsetting as I was thinking the Verapamil would do something. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, spiny said:

Ginger, in any form, can help your CH. I use ginger chews for shadows. They are pure ginger with sugar on the outside. You can use pills, candy, tea, any will help. The higher the ginger content, the better! Helps with hits and shadows.

So if I have shadowing it will eliminate that and then it also helps when I get hit??

Yes. I use it for shadowing. And to hold off a possible hit when changing elevation. It may not prevent the hit, but it will help hold it off for a bit. That is important when traveling on a two lane road up a mountain. ;) 

There are many ways to take it, easy to transport, and basically no questions asked if you pop a piece in your mouth on the way home Well, expect for 'May I have a piece?' :)

Isn't it amazing that something so simple as ginger can be a huge help for a Cher? It is to me. It seems that the more we know, the more we find that Mother Nature provides pretty darn well for us as a group: MM, seeds, ginger, O2, caffeine. No pharma there. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, EmpiresBurn said:

Thanks everyone. I'm still trying to figure out this beast. January was pretty much 1 hit a day at nighttime and now as we have progressed into February it's moved to an afternoon hit and nighttime. So I feel it's ramping up to a climax. Hopefully at least. 

Not too bad at all. My worst is about 7 hits a day but there are people that have 14 or more.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For me, cycles typically last up to two months where I get one serious hit sometime during the day (about midday on my last cycle). It typically ramps up so severely near the end that I can’t believe the side of my head/eye doesn’t blow out or I don’t pass out from the pain. Towards the end of cycle I will even get one that wakes me from sleep in the middle of the night. But once it doesn’t go to full blown and I can make it to day 3 of not wanting to blow my head off because of the pain, this usually signals that I’ve come to the end of the cycle. I still get the shadows/squeeze slightly at the end, but it fades out.