D3 Shadows Worsening

Billyx

Has anyone experienced shadows worsening when starting D3 regime?

Got to day 12 and shadows started to worsen day 20 now and are still the same from day 12.

My D3 levels were: (nmol/L) 86

I have been taking the following supplements:

Solgar D3 (10,000iu) x5 for 14days x1 since

Solgar omega 3 fish oil concentrate x1 fish oil concentrate 2,000mg, EPA 160mg, DHA 100mg 

Solgar chelated Magnesium 400mg

Solgar vitamin k2 Mk-7 100 MCG

Solgar B-complex 100

Thorne basic nutrients Vitamin A 450mcg beta carotene/ 600mcg palmitate, Zinc 15mg, boron, 2mg, Calcium 52mg

Ultra Muscles Night Magnesium 366mg, Calcium 210/ calcium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate 601.1mg

Hey Billyx,

Roughly 2% of CHers experience an up-tic in CH frequency after starting this treatment protocol.  It appears this phenomenon is due to an enzyme imbalance.  It usually clears all by itself in a few weeks if you continue the maintenance dose of 10,000 IU/day and all the cofactors.

The Solgar supplements look great, but I don't see the Kirkland Adult 50+ Mature Multi.  As you can see, it picks up all the micronutrient cofactors we need.

umAfA2P.jpg

Did you start this treatment protocol with the vitamin D3 loading schedule of 600,000 IU/day spread over 12 days at 50,000 IU/day?  If not, I suspect your 25(OH)D3 serum concentration is still a bit low.  At 10,000 IU/day for 20 days, your 25(OH)D3 serum concentration is likely around  135 nmol/L and it needs to be up to a minimum of 200 nmol/L for a therapeutic response with a reduction in CH frequency or a complete cessation of CH.

I suggest you order the Bio-Tech D3-50 50,000 IU water soluble vitamin D3 and the Nutrasal Micro D3 nano emulsion from Amazon if possible or iHerb.com. 

EvkQu6n.jpg

We've found taking two of the D3-50 capsules/day and 0.5  mL/day of the Micro D3 taken sublingual works great as a loading dose.  It totals 140,000 IU/day.  You'll need 3 to 4 days at this loading dose to elevate your 25(OH)D3 above 200 nmol/L before dropping back to a maintenance dose of 10,000 IU/day.  Be sure to double the magnesium dose taking half of with with breakfast and the other half with the evening meal.  This provides 12 hours and 12 feet of GI tract separation so both doses don't arrive in the colon at the same time.  That causes osmotic diarrhea.

If you order from iHerb.com the best alternatives to the Micro D3 are illustrated in the following photo.

7orvlih.jpg

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

• Like 2

5 hours ago, xxx said:

Hey Billyx,

Roughly 2% of CHers experience an up-tic in CH frequency after starting this treatment protocol.  It appears this phenomenon is due to an enzyme imbalance.  It usually clears all by itself in a few weeks if you continue the maintenance dose of 10,000 IU/day and all the cofactors.

The Solgar supplements look great, but I don't see the Kirkland Adult 50+ Mature Multi.  As you can see, it picks up all the micronutrient cofactors we need.

umAfA2P.jpg

Did you start this treatment protocol with the vitamin D3 loading schedule of 600,000 IU/day spread over 12 days at 50,000 IU/day?  If not, I suspect your 25(OH)D3 serum concentration is still a bit low.  At 10,000 IU/day for 20 days, your 25(OH)D3 serum concentration is likely around  135 nmol/L and it needs to be up to a minimum of 200 nmol/L for a therapeutic response with a reduction in CH frequency or a complete cessation of CH.

I suggest you order the Bio-Tech D3-50 50,000 IU water soluble vitamin D3 and the Nutrasal Micro D3 nano emulsion from Amazon if possible or iHerb.com. 

EvkQu6n.jpg

We've found taking two of the D3-50 capsules/day and 0.5  mL/day of the Micro D3 taken sublingual works great as a loading dose.  It totals 140,000 IU/day.  You'll need 3 to 4 days at this loading dose to elevate your 25(OH)D3 above 200 nmol/L before dropping back to a maintenance dose of 10,000 IU/day.  Be sure to double the magnesium dose taking half of with with breakfast and the other half with the evening meal.  This provides 12 hours and 12 feet of GI tract separation so both doses don't arrive in the colon at the same time.  That causes osmotic diarrhea.

If you order from iHerb.com the best alternatives to the Micro D3 are illustrated in the following photo.

7orvlih.jpg

V/R, Batch

Hey Batch,

Have been using the Thorne Basic Nutrients as the multi. Will be changing to the Kirkland multi when it comes in the post. 

Started D3 loading schedule of 50,000 IU/Day. Accidentally got my dates wrong and did 14 days instead of 12.  Now on 10,000 IU/Day.

Will be getting a blood test on day 30 to check D3 levels.

I will double the magnesium from tonight. 

Thanks Batch for the response. 

Hey Billyx,

Thank you for the reply.  The 14-day loading schedule should have elevated your 25(OH)D3 up by 170 nmol/L bringing your total 25(OH)D3 serum concentration up around 300 nmol/L (121 ng/mL).  That's good and it should be more than sufficient to bring about a therapeutic response with a significant reduction in CH frequency or better yet, a complete cessation of CH. 

Accordingly, as you're still getting hit with CH, it's more than likely you're also experiencing an immune system response to allergens.  These can be subclinical with no obvious or outward observable symptoms.   Allergic reactions kick off a lot of histamine and histamine to a CHer is like Kryptonite to Superman, bad news.  None of the prevents work during an allergic reaction and that includes vitamin D3.

The best course of action I take when an allergic reaction is present, is to start what I call the "Full Monty" clutch of supplements with antihistamine properties on top of the basic anti-inflammatory regimen supplements.  I take 3 grams/day each of Turmeric (Curcumin), Resveratrol, Quercetin and Omega-3 fish oil.  I also take 8 grams/day vitamin C in divided doses. 

I buy the powdered bulk vitamin C in 1 Kg bags ( 3 cents/gram USD) and mix two level teaspoons (8 grams) in 8 oz of water and take sips throughout the day until it's all gone by bedtime.  I also take 10 mg/day melatonin at bedtime. 

s0SIcfW.jpg

I stay on this concoction for at least a week after cessation of CH then taper the doses.  It never hurts to keep taking at least 4 grams/day vitamin C all the time.  Our bodies need vitamin C to synthesize collagen.  We need collagen to help prevent brittle bones, maintain healthy cartilage and elastic skin.  Besides being an antihistamine, vitamin C is also an excellent  antioxidant, antiviral and antibacterial agent.

Watch the following video of Linus Pauling giving a presentation on the use of vitamin C to prevent illness and disease.

Pauling was 92 when he filmed this video.  He had many critics of his suggested use of vitamin C in large quantities to prevent illnesses. Most of these critics came from the Big Pharmas.   When he died at 93, he still had two more individual Nobel Prizes than any of his critics and he had outlived most of them. 

His first individual Nobel Prize was for Chemistry involving quantum mechanics, electron orbits and molecular shapes.  (My degree was in Chemistry so quantum mechanics was a central theme throughout my studies.)  Pauling's second individual Nobel Prize was for Peace. He stopped above ground nuclear warhead testing.  He took 18 grams/day vitamin C.  He also took 10,000 IU/day vitamin D3.

V/R, Batch 

Edited by xxx
  • Like 2

On 3/6/2022 at 6:19 PM, xxx said:

Hey Billyx,

Thank you for the reply.  The 14-day loading schedule should have elevated your 25(OH)D3 up by 170 nmol/L bringing your total 25(OH)D3 serum concentration up around 300 nmol/L (121 ng/mL).  That's good and it should be more than sufficient to bring about a therapeutic response with a significant reduction in CH frequency or better yet, a complete cessation of CH. 

Accordingly, as you're still getting hit with CH, it's more than likely you're also experiencing an immune system response to allergens.  These can be subclinical with no obvious or outward observable symptoms.   Allergic reactions kick off a lot of histamine and histamine to a CHer is like Kryptonite to Superman, bad news.  None of the prevents work during an allergic reaction and that includes vitamin D3.

The best course of action I take when an allergic reaction is present, is to start what I call the "Full Monty" clutch of supplements with antihistamine properties on top of the basic anti-inflammatory regimen supplements.  I take 3 grams/day each of Turmeric (Curcumin), Resveratrol, Quercetin and Omega-3 fish oil.  I also take 8 grams/day vitamin C in divided doses. 

I buy the powdered bulk vitamin C in 1 Kg bags ( 3 cents/gram USD) and mix two level teaspoons (8 grams) in 8 oz of water and take sips throughout the day until it's all gone by bedtime.  I also take 10 mg/day melatonin at bedtime. 

s0SIcfW.jpg

I stay on this concoction for at least a week after cessation of CH then taper the doses.  It never hurts to keep taking at least 4 grams/day vitamin C all the time.  Our bodies need vitamin C to synthesize collagen.  We need collagen to help prevent brittle bones, maintain healthy cartilage and elastic skin.  Besides being an antihistamine, vitamin C is also an excellent  antioxidant, antiviral and antibacterial agent.

Watch the following video of Linus Pauling giving a presentation on the use of vitamin C to prevent illness and disease.

Pauling was 92 when he filmed this video.  He had many critics of his suggested use of vitamin C in large quantities to prevent illnesses. Most of these critics came from the Big Pharmas.   When he died at 93, he still had two more individual Nobel Prizes than any of his critics and he had outlived most of them. 

His first individual Nobel Prize was for Chemistry involving quantum mechanics, electron orbits and molecular shapes.  (My degree was in Chemistry so quantum mechanics was a central theme throughout my studies.)  Pauling's second individual Nobel Prize was for Peace. He stopped above ground nuclear warhead testing.  He took 18 grams/day vitamin C.  He also took 10,000 IU/day vitamin D3.

V/R, Batch 

Thanks Batch, 

I will start the full monty supplements, once they arrive. 

Thanks again for the help it is very much appreciated.