10 years of prevent success :)

Jammin

Episodic sufferer since age 17, total prevent success for about 10 years now.

Although it is not an option for all, I have found a LEGAL way to prevent dose that is not too expensive.

Book a flight to St Thomas USVI ($200.00 out of Chicago), take the ferry to Tortola BVI (passport required) and stop by the Bomba Shack on Little Apple Bay (a dive made from "floatsum" on a surfer's beach).

Order the "special" rum punch, have two for good measure. Bomba's special rum is steeped in shrooms. Feel free to buy a bottle for $25.00 to take home with you if you choose.

I suffered for soo many years but today cannot remember what an episode feels like. The prevent has never let me down and I am convinced that I will never again know what a CH feels like.  :)

BTW - Yes Bob, it is me (long time I know).

post-1483-14384707148236_thumb.jpg

Looks like a nice setting for bustin' some CH.  8-)

Hey Jammin, I'm sure you're well aware of the fear many of us have of alcohol when in cycle (or chronic).

I wonder if this rum could be rendered non alcoholic if it was boiled or something, and if the mushrooms would still retain their active properties?

Is alcohol a trigger for you, and if so, how did you deal with the rum component?

Good point!

Alcohol WAS a trigger back when I still suffered. Now this concoction is  strictly prevent for me so no worries on any previous triggers.

There is also the option of going to see Bomba on any full moon of any month, he has a midnight "tea" that he brew up just for the event. Unfortunately the "Full Moon" party is a bit of a frat style gathering but an option none the less.

If you catch him at that shack during the day there is also a possibility that he will make up some tea for you to pick up later. Bomba is very easy going, do not be insulted though if he asks any females to sit on his lap (btw-I recommend you not do this). Lol!

Broke it with shrooms way back, prevent it with the rum.

I go once per year, have two cups when I arrive then hang on the beach for a week and have two more cups on my way out.

Been a spot on reliable way to keep the beast at bay!  :)

As a compromise I will meet you there and you can sit on my lap while I work out the details with Bomba!  Lol! 

After years of "Lab Rat" ineffective treatment with nasty a$$ side effects and desperations setting in (more so every time) I have found this to be one of those things in life that I cannot afford to not do.

Even when money is super tight, I somehow find a way to make this happen and yes, the destination is a very nice side effect of my regime of prevent treatment!  Lol!

This sounds excellent to me. Let's make a date.

Thanks for a really encouraging post jammin. I'm betting that they have all kinds of "treats" 8-) on the island. I am overdue for some island treats 8-) and gettin pain free with someone serving me my medication rather than my knees knockin while I prepare to serve myself.

Dan

Seriously, if you all want to meet and greet on island Iknow a great place with efficiency style accommodations at about $100.00 per night (hard to find on this island) that is right across from one of the nicer beaches.

I go anyway so it would be cool to have a few clusterheads down at the same time!  8-)