What's the Most Ridiculous/Silly Thing?

BoscoPiko

Knowing I'm going to be collecting thunder eggs here pretty quick I thought it may be nice to have something to laugh about (even if it means laughing at myself). 

Wondering, what's the most ridiculous or silly thing you ever started or stopped doing in an effort to avoid cluster? For myself the stupidest thing I recall doing was avoiding leaning over! Silly as it sounds, when I was a bit newer to this show I got a ch attack directly after leaning over so I then spent a few months trying to not lean over/down! I'm not sure if you have ever tried this but it was ridiculous I struggled to put shoes on undies 2! I allowed myself to be so discombobulated for a time that I truly believed it may save me .... How silly is that! Would love to hear what you did or didn't do! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

One of my attacks came after blowing a candle out and breathing in the smoke of the wicks. After that, no blowing out candles only capping them to put it out. This lead to cooking things at lower heat to not burn it and avoiding smoke entirely. 

Especially hard because smoking Mari makes the stomach and mood feel better but don’t want to do it so that I don’t trigger a CH.

• Like 2

On 3/7/2022 at 5:31 AM, BustOrNothing said:

One of my attacks came after blowing a candle out and breathing in the smoke of the wicks. After that, no blowing out candles only capping them to put it out. This lead to cooking things at lower heat to not burn it and avoiding smoke entirely. 

Especially hard because smoking Mari makes the stomach and mood feel better but don’t want to do it so that I don’t trigger a CH.

I knew I wasn't the only one with "something ridiculous" LOL.. I had to give up the habit of not leaning over as it is somewhat essential :lol:

I went through a stage of using Chinese acupressure points at the base of my skull and by squeezing the skin between my thumb and index finger. This led to one night try self-administered Reiki and I thought maybe if I wished hard enough it might just work. I can tell you it didn't but I was annoyed with myself for thinking it would for sometime afterwards. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, AdamCHUK said:

I went through a stage of using Chinese acupressure points at the base of my skull and by squeezing the skin between my thumb and index finger. This led to one night try self-administered Reiki and I thought maybe if I wished hard enough it might just work. I can tell you it didn't but I was annoyed with myself for thinking it would for sometime afterwards. 

Well at least these are more logical things to try than not leaning over lol!:lol:

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 8:31 AM, BustOrNothing said:

Burning cooking oil used to trigger me instantly but the strange thing is that it stopped being a trigger a couple years ago.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, xBoss said:

stopped being a trigger a couple years ago

That's good news! My little issue wasn't a real trigger it was sheer mindfuc*ery.:rolleyes: I'm also pretty sure that the other adoption of not eating bacon is also just in my head as I've eaten it all my life but I got a super exquisite banger after eating it one time so now I just sit there and drool when my husband orders it at breakfast...

I allowed my husband to pour cold water over my head. Then almost killed him with the exquisite pain that bloomed from that cold bucket of water. :wacko:

Bosco,some people find that nitrites/nitrates cause them to get hit and avoid bacon and all smoked meats along with blue cheese and its' kin along with a lot of other foods. But only in cycle!! Not all the time.                                                                                                             I too tried the 'don't lean over thing for a long time!!! I would squat down with my chin up to pick up stuff cause to lean forward would give me a horrid shadow for hours after!! But I did 'test drive' this method my looking down on occasion. Yep, shadows. Once out of cycle, not an issue. For me it is not the leaning that does it, but when I straighten back up, that sets it off! 'Oh, barometric is higher down there than up here? REALLY???????????' LOL

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, spiny said:

I allowed my husband to pour cold water over my head. Then almost killed him with the exquisite pain that bloomed from that cold bucket of water. :wacko:

Bosco,some people find that nitrites/nitrates cause them to get hit and avoid bacon and all smoked meats along with blue cheese and its' kin along with a lot of other foods. But only in cycle!! Not all the time.                                                                                                             I too tried the 'don't lean over thing for a long time!!! I would squat down with my chin up to pick up stuff cause to lean forward would give me a horrid shadow for hours after!! But I did 'test drive' this method my looking down on occasion. Yep, shadows. Once out of cycle, not an issue. For me it is not the leaning that does it, but when I straighten back up, that sets it off! 'Oh, barometric is higher down there than up here? REALLY???????????' LOL

LOL Spiny! This one just made my day...I have read some on the nitrates and agree it can definitely be a no no for some. It's funny to think that I was not alone in the "don't lean over club:D

• Like 1