Energy drinks

Acanderson34

I don’t remember who it was that told me about drinking energy drinks during my last cycle back in October but I want to say “THANK YOU”!

I was skeptical of drinking a monster energy drink or red bull during an attack but after trying it and then getting on the O2 it was a game changer for me. 5-10 minutes and headache aborted.

For anyone that hasn’t tried this I’d suggest giving it a try to see if it works for you. 
you may just be as surprised as I was :)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, jon019 said:
ago, Acanderson34 said:

drinking energy drinks .....then getting on the O2......game changer....

I'm lucky I get the same effect from strong black coffee as I do from drinking energy drink (red buĺl) b4 I hit o2 . So I use an energy drink for night time attacks and black coffee for daytime attacks .your rite I can abort an attack within 5 to 10 mins after coffee or energy drink ,but it takes 25 to 35 min without 

• Like 5

well, I guess if it's a choice between up all night with the attacks or up all night from the energy drink, I'll take the

buzz. 6 weeks ago my headaches stopped, after nearly a year in hell...I really should keep a journal, just to see

if there's any lifestyle connections with the attacks.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lukula said:

I guess if it's a choice between up all night with the attacks or up all night from the energy drink, I'll take the

buzz.

A lot of us have found we can inexplicably go right back to sleep after an energy drink or shot and O2. :o

• Like 2

Just my usual note that, contrary to what one might think, a small energy shot such as 5-Hour Energy has twice as much caffeine as a standard Red Bull or Monster -- and is a lot easier to get down fast.  Also, as has been noted, coffee does the job for many, and some find benefit from taking a taurine pill along with the coffee.  Finally, any caffeinated drink seems to work better if you have been off of caffeine for a while (e.g., before your cycle starts).

• Like 2

I thought this was a serious discussion forum. WTF is a Leaderboard? My headache is bigger than yours? 

9 minutes ago, Music said:

I thought this was a serious discussion forum. WTF is a Leaderboard? My headache is bigger than yours? 

34 Years. "Newbie"  And now i've earned a badge. Glad we have a suicidal sense of humour. And the fit bit says it's time to move more. Now there's a no shit Einstein moment.

3 hours ago, Music said:

Hi Music,

I don't think anyone pays much attention to the leader board or badges. If you go through the forum and look at the topics you will find something light hearted here and there but for the most part it is a seriously informative site. 

• Like 2

Hi @Music, serious discussion does take place here, although thankfully some camaraderie via humor (including the gallows type) is to be found also.

I'm not aware of any intent for the generic-for-various-message-boards leaderboard 'feature' to have been meant as some manner of sick humor though, it's more just some forum setting that kicked in relatively recently (out of where, I do not know), might go away at any point, and misleadingly displays a ranking of how much an individual has recently participated in discussions. It is indeed seriously flawed, in that a member such as CHfather, who should have the highest of the high rankings in such a system, currently does not. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Music said:

Hi music .if you look through most of the posts on this forum you will see most have  serious content and are a  great help to a lot of people who are suffering with a horrible disease.  If you go though them you can learn so much about this s--t infliction we have been dealt i don't know of any1 on here that mentions the leader board or badge side of this forum as it means nothing !!!!!!! . Yes their is some humour on here and yes we take the p--s out of each other now and again but that are community just trying to put smiles on people's faces and I don't really see anything wrong in that 

• Like 2

On 4/17/2022 at 7:55 AM, Bejeeber said:

a member such as CHfather, who should have the highest of the high rankings

I had been trying an adorable profile pic to see if I could get more leaderboard likes that way, or at least raise my rank to be a little closer to yours, Shaun's, spiny's . . . and everyone else's.  Apparently a Jigglypuff was not cute enough, or perhaps there is some hidden Pokemon animosity here.  So now I'm all in!  How can you not like this!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, CHfather said:

I had been trying an adorable profile pic to see if I could get more leaderboard likes that way, or at least raise my rank to be a little closer to yours, Shaun's, spiny's . . . and everyone else's.  Apparently a Jigglypuff was not cute enough, or perhaps there is some hidden Pokemon animosity here.  So now I'm all in!  How can you not like this!

This was the best thing I've read all day! Made me laugh out loud.. Pokémon animosity... uff who would've thought! The leaderboard is silly and I think most on here much know that you would be at the top of the silly thing.. Anyhoo thanks for the belly laugh!

• Like 1

...ah, what an appropriate date for our own merry prankster...CHfather, to start the silly

...in honor of the trend, i submit 2 pre-jon generations:     

934599293_cats2.jpg.ff9efdf389f7f637265e9a21ef55ff65.jpg

......the clue is "pockets"

Edited by jon019
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3