Trepanning

Music

If it wasn't for the leg up and standing on shoulders, I would have taken a long walk on a short Pier. By way of analogy, a lot changed between 1888 and 1922. Thank God Science and Philosophy are getting back together. How in hell they ever got divorced is a mystery.

Funny I mentioned a few months ago to family, if I was like this not all that long ago, I would be covered in leeches, cuts, enemas, and have holes drilled in my head to release the demons, so as little answers as we sometimes seem to get, it is far better than we would have got then.

• Like 2

I don't think anyone should have to go this alone, a leg up and shoulders to stand on play such an enormous part in our survival. Truth be told,there has to be many that lack the support and or comfort of a caring supporter. I hope those that lack this have found the path to this site. My reason for that sentiment is because even with the very loving and supportive husband I have, it just wasn't quite enough to keep me fighting. Knowing and being amongst others like me, in the same pain, the same battle made a huge difference. I'm not 100% why honestly. I suppose it may just be seeing and learning what they have done, gone through and are willing to try that sorta slaps you in the face and makes you wake up to the fact that this is your life, you can either play dead of fight to live happily.. sorry for the book!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BoscoPiko said:

Knowing and being amongst others like me, in the same pain, the same battle made a huge difference. I'm not 100% why honestly. 

This here, this is a big thing, knowing you are not alone, knowing there are people who know exactly what you are talking about and would never say, oh just take an aspirin and lie down or other such nonsense, you know the people here KNOW and you feel less alone. Even in a crowd you can feel isolated by the pain and no one truly knowing.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, devonrex said:

not all that long ago, I would be covered in leeches, cuts, enemas, and have holes drilled in my head to release the demons

A flip side to that, in my mind anyway, is that long ago, some indigenous peoples knew of natural treatments in the form or fungi, cacti, seeds, etc. that are what we are just now re-discovering as exceptionally effective CH preventives. So here's to our best of both worlds: Advancing science plus reconsideration of the long dismissed life saving remedies that grow right at our feet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bejeeber said:

A flip side to that, in my mind anyway, is that long ago, some indigenous peoples knew of natural treatments in the form or fungi, cacti, seeds, etc. that are what we are just now re-discovering as exceptionally effective CH preventives. So here's to our best of both worlds: Advancing science plus reconsideration of the long dismissed life saving remedies that grow right at our feet.

Wow well said jeeb!

36 minutes ago, Bejeeber said:

Very true, the fact that leeches are used in modern medicine and there are reasons to put holes in someones head that has no relation to demons.  

Edit: Also, I have been lied to, apparently I leveled up without the need of kittens, so my entire world view is shattered.

Edited by devonrex
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, devonrex said:

Edit: Also, I have been lied to, apparently I leveled up without the need of kittens, so my entire world view is shattered.

Like everything else here, the kitten hypothesis is just an idea that is being tested by the citizen scientists.  Or maybe your image reads as a kitten's eyeball.  Or maybe one eyeball = one kitten, but two kittens are more efficacious.  

• Haha 2