Last call for shipping of D3 stuff before it bakes to death in the heat.

Bejeeber

On 4/25/2022 at 5:19 AM, Bejeeber said:

This is one of those things I believe I have learned from personal experience, as opposed to extensive research, so as always am open to anyone's differing take on the subject:

Some of the nutrients in the D3 regimen, such as B vitamins found in a multi-vitamin, are heat sensitive, and anyone like me who orders them online is risking receiving some killed dead pills if they are delivered in a roasting oven of a delivery van (last I checked some of the D3 regimen moving parts such as minerals like magnesium are more impervious to heat though). Here in Austin I've been waiting pretty much all of April to get a not-too-hot opening in the forecast for having my entire spring-summer-early-fall's worth of of D3 regimen components delivered alive and well, and have just pushed that button.

I suppose my urging can be summarized thusly: Order 3 to 5 months worth (depending on your local climate) of your heat sensitive D3 components while there is still some cool weather, or risk purchasing some dead krap, and worst case scenario: The Beast catches you with cluster-pants halfway down.

@Bejeeber I didn't know this! Is d3 heat sensitive too? Where I stay in North India, we're getting heatwaves of 46-47 degrees Celsius! That's close to 120 F I think. 

I've specifically tried to search for info on D3 heat sensitivity and have come up with nothing definitive on the subject, so I'm inclined to think there's not a great specific risk there. I too will welcome any more definitive info though, if anyone has such knowledge.

• Like 1

Not informative as far as the effects of heat on D but I wanted to share because I'm excited. All that's left to be done on the greenhouse is electric for the fan and grow lights (lights not necessary at this time of year). For now im using a rinky dink fan plugged into the house electric. Anyhow here she is

20220520_190308.jpg

20220521_164028.jpg

20220521_164100.jpg

Those interior shots are stunning! It's like a full on good vibes factory, in addition to the good veggies. :D

You really got it going on now, it must be seriously exciting to have actually reached this stage. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bejeeber said:

good vibes

It has been so cathartic to mess around in there. I love it! On a more to the topic note I did read that heat has a negative effect on vitamins in general but there were a few called out specifically like COQ10 and B12.. 

• Like 1