Cheap energy shots..

Dallas Denny

Thought this might interest those of ya that incorporate energy shots with O2 to abort.....a good clusterhead buddy came for a visit this weekend and told me about these.....called Pure Kick and available here in okieland at Dollar General, 6 pkts for a buck!!!  Charles just mixes one in a bathroom sized Dixie cup and keeps it in the fridge....tosses it, hits the O2, aborts, and mixes another shot before he goes back to bed and sez they work just as well as the 99 cent shots that DG carries!

DD

20220514_154646.jpg

20220514_154618.jpg

• Like 2

Interesting . . . Thanks, Denny.  I'd just note that it contains a lot of aspartame, which would concern some people, and another controversial sweetener, acesulfame potassium (and controversial food colorings), and it has about the same caffeine as 8 ounces of coffee.  Coffee + a taurine pill might work just as well, in a similar cost range, with maybe less health risk.

Edited by CHfather
  • Like 1

Pant-less is fine for critters and Pooh, but not Buzz!!! :P

CHF, I have found that the caffeine pill seems to work better - make me feel that it is working better/faster, if I down something cold to swallow it. Likely all in my head, no pun intended, but it makes me happier and I think that affects my head in a positive way. Just a bit to pass on if/when you want to. The absolute fastest is to dump in the powder sans capsule and chase it with cold liquid. It's bitter, so I am chugging!! 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, spiny said:

I have found that the caffeine pill seems to work better . . . . The absolute fastest is to dump in the powder sans capsule and chase it with cold liquid.

Fascinating.  I feel like this is the first time I've heard of doing it that way.  What strength are the pills that you use?  (You're doing this instead of the V8 Energy, or alternating them in some way???)

They are 200mg of caffeine. I likely have only mentioned it a few times. Most sheer away from downing the powder. But, like a BC powder, it does hit faster.

I still do V8 Energy or iced coffee a lot too. But in a hurry and behind the 8 ball, this method works very quickly for me. Keeping some pills with me at all times is a plus too. Tiny and I can take them both ways.

• Like 2

200mg. That's hardcore. I like it, and will personally be likely to try it on for size, powder in liquid style, when the need arises!

I see this as further evidence that @spiny is not screwing around here when it comes to beast killin' time.

For those who wish to also incorporate the taurine, I suppose emptying one of those pills in alongside could be a thing? Not sure what taurine tastes like, but hey, it's in the Pure Kick drink mix, not to mention Red Bulls, 5 hour energy shots, etc.

• Like 1

Should work fine Jeebs. It is my 'poof you're dead' drink for shadows or threats Cheap too. 

Staying pain free is not a 'one size fits all'. The D3 is a huge help and keeps me P.F. from a cycle. That does not mean that I don't get hit! Life just flat gets in the way someday's and 'more' is needed. 

• Like 1