Hello...again.

John

Well, it looks like my next cycle has begun with a vengeance. It's been a year since my last one, so I consider myself lucky.

Which actually brings me to a question...

Does anyone else get hits when the weather changes-like an allergy? This is the second year in a row that I've gotten hit as soon as the weather breaks from winter to spring. And last year I skipped my typical fall cycle-somehow.

Anyhow, I've got a lot of reading to catch up on... :'(

Well, the beast has changed once again. Last cycle(Feb-May) it was switch hitting. My normal side is my left side. Until last spring, then it started out normal, and then went to the right side-and stayed until it was over.

Now, this year it's back on my left side, but it starts differently. Instead of starting inside of my head behind my eye and temple, it is starting in the skin above my temple and then radiating in on the ENTIRE left side of my head.

Usually if I put pressure on my head it numbs the top of my skull and 'seems' to alleviate the pain enough to make it bearable. This time, I can't touch the left side of my head at all. It feels like I just got hit with a hammer and bruised instantly. Calling the doc tomorrow to set up an appt so I can get a script for o2 and a referral to a neurologist since my regular neuro retired.

Taking Treximet currently, and in 2 weeks, I've taken 3 pills already. First one was last Tuesday @ ~12:30PM, second was yesterday, and then hit again tonight @ 9:00PM. Luckily, I caught it in time and it got cut short. Hit a K8 for almost 30 minutes...much better than last nights killer 9 for 2.5 hours.

Another change is that I have gotten nauseous with the last 2 hits. I don't know if I'm weakening and can't handle the pain like I could, or if it's a new symptom, or something else. Tonight I felt sick after I took the Trex, but last night I was nauseous before the pill-so I think I can rule it out.

HA log-

2/22 k5(normal) lasting 45min. 1 treximet

3/2 k9(new pain)lasting 2.5hrs. 1 treximet

3/3 k8(new pain)lasting 30min. 1 treximet

3/4 k7(new pain)lasting 1hr. 1 treximet. puked 1 hr after meds. Light shadow now.

3/6 k8(new pain)lasting 46min. 1 treximet.

Dr appt Monday @ 4 to ask for o2 and referral.

Yes. Definitely weather/seasonally influenced. And when I'm in a cycle I get my very worst attacks, my 10's, on nights or days when it rains. Wonder if the change in barometric pressure has something to do with it.

Good luck getting through it.

Dr appt Monday @ 4 to ask for o2 and referral.

John, I'm recalling from another thread that you were going to go to your doctor a while back, early in the year, for an O2 prescription . . . Or was that another John??  I'm only asking because I hate to give the same boring advice more than once, which is (1) Consider having someone come with you to your appointment, because for some people at least the pain can kind of weaken their advocacy skills; and (2) Bring copies of these articles with you, showing that high-flow, non-rebreather O2 is first-line practice for O2:

“High-Flow Oxygen for Treatment of Cluster Headache” Journal of the American Medical Association  http://jama.ama-assn.org/content/302/22/2451.full

“Inhaled Oxygen and Cluster Headache Sufferers in the United States: Use, Efficacy and Economics: Results from the United States Cluster Headache Survey” http://www.docstoc.com/docs/62904898/US-Cluster-Headache-Oxygen-Survey-Early-View-Online-Publication-HEADACHE

Other advice available upon request.

I had tried to get o2 last year but my neuro gave me a Treximet and it worked within 5-10min in his office, so we just went with it.

This time, is is only working about half-if that.

Here it is 4AM, and I am hit yet again with another K8. So I'm sitting here with the music blasting in my headphones waiting for the Trex and Monster to knock it down or out.

Thanks for the links for the o2! I was planning on taking info in on the o2 treatment. I was also debating on discussing busting as well, but that might be something for down the road...since I'll have a new doc.

Also, the Treximet or the HA are what's making me nauseous. I've never taken the Trex this often. Usually, when I took one I was good for at least a week.

Yes. Definitely weather/seasonally influenced. And when I'm in a cycle I get my very worst attacks, my 10's, on nights or days when it rains. Wonder if the change in barometric pressure has something to do with it.

Good luck getting through it.

I've wondered about that,but the first 2 hits this cycle were after the temp hit 40-45* and were dry days. But the others have came on rainy days...Something else to track in my HA journal.

I also notice that I get a lump in my left temple during/after a hit. Have to keep tabs on that when I'm PF also.

oes anyone else get hits when the weather changes-like an allergy?

Yes yes yes. Doesn`t always have to be the rain, i often joke about i`m allergic to sunny nice weather.

Easy with trex i would say, it loose it`s effect if  you use it that much. In my experience at least.

oes anyone else get hits when the weather changes-like an allergy?

Yes yes yes. Doesn`t always have to be the rain, i often joke about i`m allergic to sunny nice weather.

Easy with trex i would say, it loose it`s effect if  you use it that much. In my experience at least.

I'm thinking the same here. It now takes 45min to and hour to knock it down to bearable anymore. Printed out the info about the o2 to take to dr tomorrow, and I found the licorice root/skullcap post that I'm going to talk to my homeopath dr about also. Guess I'm just reluctant to try the hallucinogenic route since that was one thing I've never tried. If it comes down to it, I'll go with the RC seeds first.

Planned on trying them last year, but the Trex knocked them out before I really committed to doing it.