Trying to start a pole

Jdinelli

I only just found out my uncle used to get clusters as well as my grandfather my grandfather has passed but my uncle had told me he had clusters on the same side as is deviated septum trying to take a pole.  if u know u have a deviated septum on same side as clusters.   My uncle said  he got it fixed and has not had a attack since it has been 13 years since his last attack he had deviated septum on left and clusters on left I have deviated septum on right and clusters on right. 

Not trying to be a Debbie downer here but I somewhat doubt that a deviated septum plays much of a role in CH (I've been wrong tons of times). I can see how the lack of intake of oxygen may be the focus of this possible hypothesis, however most of what I have read tends to not correlate. I know CH can be a very highly hereditary affliction but no one in my family (that I know of ever had it). Suppose I'm the lucky one out of the bunch.. yea me! I must be all kinds of important.. anyhoo I'm happy for your uncle! Man oh man what most all of us would give for a 13 year clear spell. If you get it fixed and CH goes away please do share!

• Like 1

I've been diagnosed with a deviated septum, and although I can't remember, and am not finding documentation for what side it is on, I'm currently convinced it is on the same right side as my cluster festivities, as I can't breathe as well on that side.

@dmlonghorn May have pertinent info to contribute here, as when he had some manner of nasal surgery, I believe he experienced something to this effect: His chronic CH was relieved for some months, then returned, with probably a still unresolved question as to whether he has now gone episodic.

• Like 1

I'm still seriously considering having the corrective surgery, but haven't been entertaining the thought that it could also alter my cluster status for the better.

Mainly just hoping the epinephrine they need to use wouldn't set me off. Glad to learn it sure didn't for your uncle!

• Like 1

I had this. It was bent to the left at a ninety degree angle. They operated. That side would bleed like a prize fighters at the least provocation after they fixed it. Like if I was stick welding in class, it would just start to run like the worst cold in the world, but it was blood. I had to wear a mask while over the heat. There were a couple of other things that would get that faucet running too. It was a mess for years, but my regular sinus infections were a thing of the past with the fix. That is why I agreed to it in the first place and was hoping that those infections were the cause of my CH of course. Of course the surgeon said 'Yes, this could help that too!' It did help with the clogging on that side to some extent.

It did NOTHING for my CH. They wanted me to go back in for another 'ramrod' job to clear out all the blood that is trapped from the bleeds several years later and I said 'No!' in no uncertain terms. It was a most unpleasant surgery and I was not going through it again so that those sinuses were no longer opaque from the blood in them. 

• Like 1