Antihistamines

Snowflake

Hi guys.

Hope you all well. 

I unfortunately I have a bad cold. I am on a strict D3 regiment and it's working like magic until last week. Few mild visits from the beast which O2 handled well. Checked D3 levels and was sitting at 41. So I loaded 150 000iu since last week. Attacks are around 2 mins and milder. 

However here in SA I can't get benadryl but the closest thing is AP-Loratodine. Reading online and the insert it is classified as H1. 

Just want to know if it's safe to take this to stop the sinuses as I'm battling with this flu. Phlegm is non stop. Tried all the Vicks inhaler etc but not helping. I am itching to take the loratodine, but thought I would check if it could bring the season on or not?

Please help

Kind regards

...hi SF...

...i see no reason not to try the ap-loratodine....have not seen reported as a trigger. i've tried for multiple allergies with minimal effect on same (sigh) but no effect on CH in or out of cycle....

....the US version of Benadryl is a favorite for effectiveness for me and many due to excellent anti-histamine effects.....and sleep aid for clusterheads in cycle. i believe nytol original and nytol one-a-night are available SA (??)....these are marketed as sleep aids and contain the same diphenhydramine as US Benadryl (25/50 mg respectively). Perhaps other sleep aid brands with same ingredient. am sure you already know the European brand of Benadryl does not have diphenhydramine...

j

• Like 2

Thanks Jon,

I remember reading on this platform a long time ago that antihistamines aggravate Ch's. 

Hence my enquiry. If I read wrong or if someone did post incorrectly, what I am gathering from your try is that antihistamines are actually good for Ch's? 

Yep there is nytol etc. 

I have been staying away from allergex and the likes for so long. 

Again, thank you so much for your reply.

I appreciate it very much 

1 hour ago, snugz365 said:

Hello Snowflake,

as far as i can remember, in case of allergy/pollen etc. batch suggests to also take tumeric and resveratrol in combination with the benadryl. i think he calls it the full monty....

good luck 

Hi Snugs 

Thanks. I'm not a sinus sufferer. I got the flu for the 1st time since 2014. But I admit it is a bit uncomfortable. Especially in the mornings. As long a you advise that the antihistamines are safe for us, I'm happy with that. Can get over the flu quicker. 

If you know, taking loading doses of D3 over a short period along with the maintenance dose of 20k iu, would you know if it's safe. Along with all the rest of the multivitamins?

Cos when I started this regimen II n 2020, I checked my D3 and it was at 18. Which explained all the brutal attacks at that time and previous to that. 

Fortunately for me, Batch took me through the process and I brought the levels up to 90. Then the cycle stopped. Haven't had any attacks until now. But nothing I can't handle. I am very diligent with the regimen so I was baffled as to why my levels dropped to 41. But I'm working on trying to pick it up again. 

So my question is , is it safe to have my loading doses so close together?

It is a mission to get oxygen in this country. Alot of paperwork and motivation etc. 

Thank you for your reply and guidance. I appreciate it alot. 

3 hours ago, Snowflake said:

I remember reading on this platform a long time ago that antihistamines aggravate Ch's. 

Hence my enquiry. If I read wrong or if someone did post incorrectly, what I am gathering from your try is that antihistamines are actually good for Ch's? 

... CH used to be known as "histamine headache" and some of the standard treatments were heavy duty antihistamines... they don't work as an effective prevent so the usage has fallen by the wayside of medical thought re treatment of CH. not to say they are not effective for allergies and illnesses that cause inflammation and chemical cascades..... which may trigger/enable/worsen CH....either directly or perhaps by burning down your D3 levels. 

....Benadryl has always been a go to for me.....it just works better than the new line versions...and i could always work around the sleepiness it can cause (and which some folks treasure)...

....Batch has a new version of antihistamines to add to the D3 regimen if need be....hope someone will give you a link as it's too late for poking around for me...................................

• Like 3