Signing off for a bit !!!!

Shaun brearley

48 minutes ago, Shaun brearley said:

Five titanium plates to hold it all together buddy . Piece of art really 

Five?! Mind boggling that that's even possible - definitely sounds like an art/science combo had to be applied and then some in order to somehow pull that off. :o It also sounds like now the metal detectors will be seeing her coming from a mile kilometer away!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Shaun brearley said:

Lol @Bejeebermiles over here in UK please :lol:

Oh! Can you tell I've disgracefully and sadly never set foot, let alone driven, in the UK? My main point of reference for those pesky kilometers has been some driving in Canada, whee kph were on speed limit signs and junk all over the place, but thankfully at least they drove on a familiar side of the road. :lol: So now I finally know:

"Britain is officially metric, in line with the rest of Europe. However, imperial measures are still in use, especially for road distances, which are measured in miles."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That is a work of art Shaun! And the lovely thing about titanium is I don't think it sets off the airport detectors at all. Neither mine, nor my girls cause any bells to ring when hitting the dang machine. 

Jeebs, I'm with you! How did they keep miles and then decide to drive on the wrong side of the road? Wasn't that to leave the right hand free for a sword fight or something?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/31/2022 at 3:19 PM, Bejeeber said:

"Britain is officially metric, in line with the rest of Europe. However, imperial measures are still in use, especially for road distances, which are measured in miles."

Got to look after us old 1s over here in UK.  We we're educated using IMPERIAL , so didn't like change and can't handle METRIC , so we are clever and use both