Everyone has a suggestion/cure.

Pixie-elf

Alright, so my Mom works as a waitress. Her coworkers have heard about my CH and such, and a few customers have overheard her talking about it with them.

She had 2 guys come in with CH. I told her the next time, send them to CH.com, since there's a chance they could get referred over here... One told her that he uses a round pillow on his neck, sleeps in an uncomfortable position, but it takes the pressure off the nerves.

We're considering trying this, if it doesn't work for me, it might work for Mom, since her neck is pretty messed up. (She's lucky not to be paralyzed. She fractured one of her cervical bones before.)

ANYWAYS... everyone has a suggestion to help.

This woman came in and was like "Oh, your daughter has headaches? This will sound crazy but take her to your vet! There's a technique they do on horses, on their necks. They can do it on her and it will cure her headaches!"

One of Mom's coworkers, a woman heard and happened to have gone to school to become a vet and told her "OH, that might be in my vet book! I'll look it up, I could do it on her!"

My Mom was thinking... Oh HELL NO. She told me, and my aunt and we all laughed. I know they meant to help...

Number one, I DON'T want an inexperienced person trying to manipulate my neck.

Number two, and I think this is most important, I AM NOT A HORSE.

I just felt like sharing with y'all.

Mystina

Funny stuff, but if you think about it, those crackpot "remedies" aren't much different than what most doctors have done when we first went to see them. "Oh, you have headaches? Here, take some Topamax." No difference between that and the hemorrhoid pillow around your neck when it comes to CH.    :)

My ex-mother in law always insisted that my "migraine" would be cured if I used coffee/garlic enemas.??? 

From everything I've read so far on this and the other forum, that might actually work if combined with doing a headstand and placing ice packs in the armpits.

Please research and report back. :)

I don't think I've read anything about horses, or any other animals having CH. Has anyone else? I think that might be one of the problems, it doesn't naturally occur in nature that we know of. I could be wrong... same problem happens with one of my conditions. They have to figure out some way to cause it in animals. (Which requires that they know how to cause it in us, I believe.)

I think this was for some kind of neck problem... I'm not sure how the hell you'd tell if a horse was having a headache.

Imagine a horse having a CH?!?

Funny story, Pix! 

My ex-mother in law always insisted that my "migraine" would be cured if I used coffee/garlic enemas.  ??? 

My Grandpa always used to joke that salt water enema's cured EVERYTHING... His Mom firmly believed in laxatives and bowel movements.

He said that when he was very little, she asked him if he had gone that day and he told her no... She gave him laxatives, and an enema.

The next time she asked was the first lie he EVER told to her. OH YES MOM. I WENT. I laughed so damned hard.

He said she would have loved me because I've had IBS with constipation since I was little. No! Laxatives, and enemas, have no helped my headaches... and I'm not willing to shove coffee or garlic up my ass. I'd have to tell your ex-mother in law, like Ting said "You do it first, I'll watch, and if it works, I'll try it!"

Now, if one of you told me seeds worked better that way... I might consider it. But I'd need to hear about a lot of you using it first before I tried it.  :D

Mystina

;D ;D ;D u r crackin me up!!

I remember when my now 12yr was 5 and sick with flu, but something just seemed just wrong, so I took the girl into the ER. She walks in, playing her gameboy, looking pretty darn normal (and I am begging her in my mind to "act sicker" like she did at home) She is SUPER shy and thus a little rude to the ER doc. who PTL is diligent anyways. Not really any abdominal soreness, but he orders a Xray. No blockage, so he asks if I want to have her get a Cat Scan. (I have no idea what that entails at this point) Mom moment... am I over reacting? I go with my gut and say yes. So imagine. It is now about 11pm and I am having to make my sick and tired girl drink HUGE amounts of this stuff for the scan. I am having to shake her awake because they gave her something to help with the nasea and it is causing her to be even more drowsy. I am seriously doubting why I am doing this to my little girl who probably just has the flu. At about this point they say they could give her an enema for it instead of the drink. The thought was HORRIFYING to me, NO WAY, I just couldn't do that to her!!  :o

(In the end, the cat scan showed a tear in her appendix, it was folding over and, amazingly, it wasn't leaking into her abdomine yet! She was rushed to surgery at Childrens and was there for about a week. Looking back it is so amazing that the doctors didn't just send her home!) Here is a funny insurance "bitch" with the story. They charged us 200 for the ambulance ride from the local hospital to Childrens!! Wasn't covered for some assinine reason I have choosen to forget! I fought with them pretty hard, but couldn't get them to budge.

;D ;D ;D u r crackin me up!!

I remember when my now 12yr was 5 and sick with flu, but something just seemed just wrong, so I took the girl into the ER. She walks in, playing her gameboy, looking pretty darn normal (and I am begging her in my mind to "act sicker" like she did at home) She is SUPER shy and thus a little rude to the ER doc. who PTL is diligent anyways. Not really any abdominal soreness, but he orders a Xray. No blockage, so he asks if I want to have her get a Cat Scan. (I have no idea what that entails at this point) Mom moment... am I over reacting? I go with my gut and say yes. So imagine. It is now about 11pm and I am having to make my sick and tired girl drink HUGE amounts of this stuff for the scan. I am having to shake her awake because they gave her something to help with the nasea and it is causing her to be even more drowsy. I am seriously doubting why I am doing this to my little girl who probably just has the flu. At about this point they say they could give her an enema for it instead of the drink. The thought was HORRIFYING to me, NO WAY, I just couldn't do that to her!!  :o

(In the end, the cat scan showed a tear in her appendix, it was folding over and, amazingly, it wasn't leaking into her abdomine yet! She was rushed to surgery at Childrens and was there for about a week. Looking back it is so amazing that the doctors didn't just send her home!) Here is a funny insurance "bitch" with the story. They charged us 200 for the ambulance ride from the local hospital to Childrens!! Wasn't covered for some assinine reason I have choosen to forget! I fought with them pretty hard, but couldn't get them to budge.

It's a damned good thing you said no to the enema!!

That would have made things a LOT worse.

The morning my appendix ruptured on me, I was wide awake... it ruptured at 3am.

I waited til my Mom got up for my 5am meds and asked her for an enema, because we had some for a scope I was supposed to have done.

She got a funny look on her face and said "No."

I said "Appendix?"

"Maybe, but I feel like an enema is a bad idea either way."

They told her that if she had given it to me, it would have pushed the poison out that much faster.

Damned thing was left in me for 36 hours before they found out there was a problem, the CT scan only showed it inflamed...they got in and had to chisel it out.

ALWAYS go with your gut instinct. If they suggest an enema, or anything else and it seems like a horrible idea, DON'T do it.

I had one doctor inform me he was going to do a catheter on me...against my will, and I informed my Mom that if that bastard dared to come into my room again, I was going to start grabbing things, and throwing them until he was gone.

The most messed up part about that, was I saw a billboard with him on it about 3 months before and I was like "Wow, that's the most sadistic looking urologist I've ever saw... I'm glad I don't need one!"

TURNS OUT HE WAS. After that I forced myself not to make any form of judgement on doctors until after I saw/talked with them, because bad things happen when I do that....

Mystina