Dramatic vit D3 megadose success stories at ch.com

Bejeeber

Yury CHfather is correct you don't need to detox from anything to take this regmen.  I spoke directly with the original poster of the thread CHfather gave in his post and depending on how bad you are being hit you can literally take 20,000IU of D3 for 2 weeks without any problems, if you elect this route you should however also take 3,000 mg of the calcium citrate because the D3 does eat up the calcium.  Also you should take 3,000-3,600 mg of the fish oil. One thing people may be overlooking as well is the lemonade. You do need to be drinking at least 2 large glasses of fresh lemonade (not from concentrate) every day.  The lemonade and calcium citrate work to help get you body in PH balance.

Good luck, Wishbone.

Wishbone, it's great of you to add so much knowledge to this topic. Thank you!  I see that Batch recently posted a list a alkaline-positive foods.  The lemonade seems to work well for people, but it seems (correct me if I'm wrong) to be a proxy for a truly alkaline-positive diet, kind of an "alkaline pill."  Nothing wrong with that . . . and here's the link that Batch posted to a list of alkaline vs. acidic foods.  http://www.i-amperfectlyhealthy.com/acid-alkalinefoodlist.html

On a personal note, I've been doing D3 at 5K IUs, and I like it.  But I've been having some muscle tightness, which may be because I've left out the Ca Citrate.  So I'll go get some, and thanks for the explanation.

CHfather honestly I think the lemonade is for purposes of correcting the PH and absolutely a correct alkline diet does help.  I think your comment about "alkline pill" is also correct.  I think most people naturally have a tendancy to be more acid and it seems at least for me when I am in cycle, I am way off in acid even though my diet has not changed.

Also if you are on the D3 regime it is vital to take the Calcium Citrate because the D3 will eat up the natural calcium.  As you probably read when I was in high cycle I was taking 20,000 IU of D3 3,600 Fish Oil/Omega 3-6, but I upped my dosage of Calcium Citrate from 2,000 per day to 3,000 per day and I did not suffer any side affects so it very well may be muscle tightness was partially due to your not taking the CC.

Wishbone

Good morning everyone ! I just wanted to give an update on the situation ..i've been taking 4000mg om3 15ui d3 and lemon lunch and dinner plus magn before bed time for 1 week now and i went from an initial 7-8 hits every night to nothing now for 3 nights ..had some shadows last night took 3 min of o2 and they faded...so far so good ! i'm hoping this will last, today i'll add calcium...thank's again guys  :) :)

Yury this is great news so glad you may be getting PF.  Just one note if you are adding calcium citrate to the regimen it contains mag so you may want to see how this affects your system (not as it relates to helping PH Balance), as too much mag can cause you to have the "green apple quickstep".

Good luck and my continued prayers for you.

Wishbone

I upped the D3 to 15,000mg on 4/28. 

5,000mg at lunch and 10,000 in the pm.   

Do you think there would be any added benefit if I spaced the dosage evenly through out the day?  Ex = 3,000mg 5x a day?

I don't know if you read the thread you saw where I am getting PF after 3 months and I was takin 20,000 IU of D3 for about 2 weeks.  I took all 20,000 in the morning with a bowl of cereal.  This is when I took the fish oil (3,600 mg) and calcium citrate (3,000 mg). Again because of the timing (my cycle having been in force for 3 months) I have no idea if this regimen worked or if my cycle was just ending.  I do think like with meds if you elect to space out the dosage of D3 you should eat something when you do.

Good luck in getting PF

Wishbone

kaboom, you're asking a different question, which i think the greatly helpful wishbone has probably answered as well as anyone can, but i just scanned back over your posts in this thread and i see you mention a calcium/magnesium/zinc supplement.  i don't know how much difference it might make, but (as wishbone mentions) it's calcium citrate that's recommended.  i think that ca citrate usually comes with magnesium, but i don't know about the zinc--just checking to be sure you're taking the recommended things.

also, i picked up some pH test strips at a local nutrition store the other day, and if you can get some they might tell you how you're doing in terms of becoming more alkaline, less acidic, which is what the supplemental lemonade/lemon juice is supposed to support in addition to the other elements..  (pH strips are also available online here: http://www.phionbalance.com/ph-balancing-products/ph-test-strips)

i also picked up some drops that are supposed to help move one more to alkalinity -- the ones i got are called "alkamax."

jerry

Sorry to hear your still getting hit.  Also sorry for the Southern expression "green apple quickstep", it is diarrhea.  Mag can have that affect if too much taken. Have you ever heard of Milk of Magnesia.

Good luck and I hope you get PF soon.

Wishbone

I heard that, I was on 480 mg per day of Verapamil but I was never affected with constipation like most.  I no longer take verapamil as it interferes with other meds I have to take because of stents implanted last year.  One thing however about calcium citrate is you get magesium and zinc as well as the calcium in one tablet so you don't have to take each seperately.

Do you think there would be any added benefit if I spaced the dosage evenly through out the day?  Ex = 3,000mg 5x a day?

Sorry I don't know the answer to that, I just know that people have been reporting relief when taking it all in one dose per day, and that since vitamin D3 is fat soluble it needs to be taken with food or drink that includes some kind of fat content.

Kaboom there is really no benefit of taking the D3 over time.  I and most that I know take all the dosage at one time and as Bejeeber stated with food (in my case cereal in the AM).  Again it is very important that you are taking the calcium citrate at the same time you are taking the D3 (I don't mean at the moment but during same day if you do elect to spread out the D3 dosages over time).  The calcium citrate not only works to help balance one's PH, but the D3 will absorb calcium and at high dosages it could become problematic.  Also when taking the dosage of 15,000 IU be cautious of getting in the sun as it of course is the most natural source of Vit D.

Wishbone

kaboom, you sent me to the internet, because i had been wondering just what calcium citrate is and how it's different from just calcium, or calcium carbonate.  i'm inclined, in terms of this D3 regimen, to do as exactly as possible what Batch has recommended (citrate) and what has worked for others (citrate). . . but according to most sites, including the Office of Dietary Supplements at the National Institutes of Health, there's just not much difference between calcium citrate and calcium carbonate in any essential way.

Here's what the NIH site (http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/calcium/) says:

>>>The two main forms of calcium in supplements are carbonate and citrate. Calcium carbonate is more commonly available and is both inexpensive and convenient. Both the carbonate and citrate forms are similarly well absorbed, but individuals with reduced levels of stomach acid can absorb calcium citrate more easily. . . . . The body absorbs calcium carbonate most efficiently when the supplement is consumed with food, whereas the body can absorb calcium citrate equally effectively when the supplement is taken with or without food [7]. . . .

Some individuals who take calcium supplements might experience gastrointestinal side effects including gas, bloating, constipation, or a combination of these symptoms. Calcium carbonate appears to cause more of these side effects than calcium citrate [1], so consideration of the form of calcium supplement is warranted if these side effects are reported. Other strategies to alleviate symptoms include spreading out the calcium dose throughout the day and/or taking the supplement with meals.<<<

Two other things that I came across: (1) >>>Regardless of the form of calcium you choose, remember that the more your doses rise above 500 mg per dose, the less calcium your body will actually absorb. Your best solution: Avoid taking more than 500 mg per dose. If your recommended daily intake is 1,000 mg, for example, divide that into at least two doses taken over the course of the day. . . . And why do so many calcium supplements contain vitamin D? This vitamin aids the body in absorbing calcium.<<<  This one's from the Walgreen's pharmacy website: http://www.walgreens.com/marketing/library/ask/aap/vitaminsherbssupplements/vitaminsherbs_calciumcitrate.jsp

(2) >>>Calcium citrate is basically calcium wrapped with a covering derived from citric acid.<<<  So it might be that the citric acid adds a bit to the supplemental citric acid/lemonade part of Batch's recommended regimen, and that's why it's preferred.

Well, since my last post on April 11, I have come to fully believe in this 'treatment'. When I skip 2 days, the shadows come out to play. I have also been supplementing the Licorice root(maybe 15-30 drops/week now) and I added the Fish oil O3, and Magnesium to the roster. I missed the part about the calcium citrate...will have to check into it though.

As of last Monday, I'm taking 4000iu D3,1x360mg Omega3/1200mg fish oil combo,2x400mg/15mg magnesium/zinc combo. Still drinking 64oz++ water/day(filtered city bleach water), the occasional Monster Energy, and the seldom coffee. Also in the process of quitting smoking(trying the E cig route-down to 5-6/day instead of 1/2 pack), and diet changes(no more processed foods or fast food,hormone laced commercial meat. Trying to buy everything we can locally grown now.).

I've had CH for the last 12 years, and I am now in total control, at last! What really gets me is that I fought the docs for O2. Guess how many times I've needed it since I got it. Exactly.......3 times. Better to have it and not need it, and this cycle is hanging on, but the weather is to blame for that. Normally, I would be good to go by now, but Mother Nature has had other plans with all of the rain. I'll show her! lol.  PF days and nights to all. With the nice weather comes more work, so my posts will become infrequent. But I will try to get in here and check up every chance I get.

nice going, john, and thank you for letting us know in detail! that's a relatively low level of D3 (compared to what many others are taking) to be working such great results

just curious about the licorice root -- did you mean 15-30 drops per week, as you said?  does that mean you take a dropperful once or twice a week?

nice going, john, and thank you for letting us know in detail! that's a relatively low level of D3 (compared to what many others are taking) to be working such great results

just curious about the licorice root -- did you mean 15-30 drops per week, as you said?  does that mean you take a dropperful once or twice a week?

Yes. 1 to 2 droppers per week now. I've been unable to monitor my BP regularly, and the last time time it was a bit high(for me) so I started cutting back on it-to see how it went. I haven't used the RC seeds to bust with yet, as my schedule hasn't allowed for it. This weather needs to dry up though...would be a lot better! lol

OK, just for the record, here are my results:

I took the following for 10 days:

10,000 i.u. (2-5,000) D3 - Nature's Bounty

3600mg (3-1200mg) Fish Oil - Omega 3&6 - Nature's Bounty

2 Calcium Citrate tablets - Kroger store brand - containing

630mg calcium

500 i.u. vitamin D

10mg sodium

At least 2 20oz glasses of fresh squeezed lemonade

I am in high cycle and was averaging 2 to 4 hits daily.  After 3 days, my activity actually picked-up to 4 to 8 hits daily.  I also started having up to 4 wake-up hits per night.  Six days of this convinced me that the regimen was not only not working for me, but possibly making it worse. 

As soon as I stopped, the hits started decreasing.  It has now been 10 days post D3 regimen, and I am having more PF days than otherwise.  Also the wake-up hits have stopped.  This by no means means that this D3 regimen doesn't work; it just didn't work for me.  It could be that my cycle is winding down, and that it coincided with stopping the alkaline regimen.  At any rate, I am not complaining.  The meds that I take daily could also possibly be responsible for my lack of success (see Caveat).

Caveat:

The following meds are taken daily:

AM:

verapamil 240mg

clomiphene citrate 50mg

folic acid 800mcg

omeprazole 80mg

PM:

verapamil 240mg

melatonin 9mg

simvastatin 40mg

ambien prn

I am happy that there have been so many success stories with D3; it just didn't seem to work for me. :-/

bobb

Bobb a couple of things, your calcium citrate did not contain the magnezium or zinc but I don't know if that matters or not, second I had a somewhat similar experience but I remained on the regimen and my cycle seemed to have almost ended.  One thing about me and it is almost constant is that I really ramp up in number of hits (not necessarily higher kips) as my cycle is coming to an end.  I am not saying regimen did not work for you, but if you are like me you may have begun the regimen as your cycle is nearing its end (I pray that it is) therefore it is confusing as to whether the regimen was causing the hits to be more frequent.  Regardless I am glad you are doing better and hope you remain that way.

Wishbone

if you are like me you may have begun the regimen as your cycle is nearing its end

Wishbone, I am inclined to agree with you and can only hope that is what is happening.  I will be glad to be rid of this cycle!  I haven't been in high cycle like this for 3 years now. 

I suspect - and forgot to mention in my earlier post, :o duh! - that a single half gram dose of psilocybin taken my last bad night, seems to have done the trick.

To me, why my CH activity picked-up so much this spring is the bigger and more complex question.  After three years, did the clomiphene just quit working or was it something else?  I never went totally PF taking clomiphene, but it did cut the intensity and number of hits down to a trickle -- until this spring.  This old mind just can't think of anything different that I may have done.  Spring did come to Georgia early this year (late February), and the acivity started picking up in early March.  So until I can come up with a different explanation, I think I'll hang my hat on that one.  8-)

I will most likely give the D3 regimen another try at a future date (this time with the right calcium supplement); afterall, I've still got all of those supplements on hand.

Thanks so much for the feedback Wishbone!

bobb