D3 intervention - Reloading

Snowflake

Hi 

I have a question regarding the 12 day D3 50 000iu "reloading" dose.

I checked my levels on Monday and it did drop. Infact it is all over the place. 

I just wanted to know whilst doing this, should I lesson the amount of water intake per day for better results instead of drinking alot of water and pissing it down the toilet. Or does 2litres of water help absorption along?

Thanks

39 minutes ago, Snowflake said:

Hi 

I have a question regarding the 12 day D3 50 000iu "reloading" dose.

I checked my levels on Monday and it did drop. Infact it is all over the place. 

I just wanted to know whilst doing this, should I lesson the amount of water intake per day for better results instead of drinking alot of water and pissing it down the toilet. Or does 2litres of water help absorption along?

Thanks

You might try the drops so you can take them sublingual style for better absorbing. Just an idea...

• Like 1

Hey Snowflake,

You should be drinking 2.5 liters of water a day.  You should also double the magnesium dose while loading from 400 mg/day to 800 mg/day split 400 mg with breakfast and 400 mg with the evening meal.  This provides 12 hours and 12 feet of GI tract separation between doses and this helps prevent osmotic diarrhea.  Are you taking all the other cofactors daily?

kHC7PkK.jpg

Do you have all the supplements for the Antihistamine Full Monty on hand:  (Turmeric (Curcumin), Quercetin, Resveratrol, Omega-3, Vitamin C and  Melatonin)?

Still need some answers.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

24 minutes ago, xxx said:

Hey Snowflake,

You should be drinking 2.5 liters of water a day.  You should also double the magnesium dose while loading from 400 mg/day to 800 mg/day split 400 mg with breakfast and 400 mg with the evening meal.  This provides 12 hours and 12 feet of GI tract separation between doses and this helps prevent osmotic diarrhea.  Are you taking all the other cofactors daily?

kHC7PkK.jpg

Do you have all the supplements for the Antihistamine Full Monty on hand:  (Turmeric (Curcumin), Quercetin, Resveratrol, Omega-3, Vitamin C and  Melatonin)?

Still need some answers.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

Hey xxx

I think my answers to the other post should answer some of these.

Thanks for the heads up on the water consumption.

Unfortunately I can't double the magnesium cos I get hectic cramps on my hip replacements. 

I am taking all the cofactors as you mentioned but only when this cycle begun.

To be honest I'm not getting hit like I used to in the last 26 odd years. My attacks are 90% of the time really short like around 7 to 10 mins with O2.

I found a breathing technique that is working wonders as well. 

However there is that 1 or 2 attacks that really drills a hole in my head which I head for Redbull and continue O2. Those last no more than 30 or 40 mins before I feel his clutch release.

I assume it is from the Alzam that I'm trying to tapering off . Which I dropped down to 0.25mg from 8mg drastically once this season started. It's difficult but I know that this is also contributing to the attacks that I do get cos one of my triggers is napping or being happy or even just resting, getting exciting news etc. 

Thanks again batch. Some of my answers are on the other post I guess.

Take care

Snowflake 

16 minutes ago, Snowflake said:

Hey xxx

I think my answers to the other post should answer some of these.

Thanks for the heads up on the water consumption.

Unfortunately I can't double the magnesium cos I get hectic cramps on my hip replacements. 

I am taking all the cofactors as you mentioned but only when this cycle begun.

To be honest I'm not getting hit like I used to in the last 26 odd years. My attacks are 90% of the time really short like around 7 to 10 mins with O2.

I found a breathing technique that is working wonders as well. 

However there is that 1 or 2 attacks that really drills a hole in my head which I head for Redbull and continue O2. Those last no more than 30 or 40 mins before I feel his clutch release.

I assume it is from the Alzam that I'm trying to tapering off . Which I dropped down to 0.25mg from 8mg drastically once this season started. It's difficult but I know that this is also contributing to the attacks that I do get cos one of my triggers is napping or being happy or even just resting, getting exciting news etc. 

Thanks again batch. Some of my answers are on the other post I guess.

Take care

Snowflake 

Sorry I only thought of this now:

The previous cycle started just after I made homemade juices using beetroot and carrots.

This cycle started just as I made a smoothie consisting of celery, spinach, mix of redberries and banana. Had it about 3 times in a 2 week period before I had my first attack this cycle.

So wondering if this all is a potential trigger for cycles?

Thanks

On 8/17/2022 at 5:18 PM, xxx said:

Hey Snowflake,

kHC7PkK.jpg

Still need some answers.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

@xxx

Hey Batch,

Hope you are well.

Quick one, the D3 drops. I can't see the picture properly. Just wanted to know how many iu per drop is in this bottle so I can hunt for it here.  And while taking the loading dosage (tablet) how many drop should I take for better/faster absorption?

Thanks bud

Hey Snowflake,

The Micro D3 is available from amazon as is the Bio-Tech D3-50. Some countries will not allow amazon to sell these items as their dose exceeds a stupid limit made by Big Pharma.  There's 2000 IU per drop and 20 drops in 0.5 mL.

EvkQu6n.jpg

Were do you live?

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

13 minutes ago, xxx said:

Hey Snowflake,

The Micro D3 is available from amazon as is the Bio-Tech D3-50. Some countries will not allow amazon to sell these items as their dose exceeds a stupid limit made by Big Pharma.  There's 2000 IU per drop and 20 drops in 0.5 mL.

EvkQu6n.jpg

Were do you live?

V/R, Batch

Hi Batch @xxx

Thank you for responding.

I am in SA. Not sure if you remember when you video called me and spoke to us, my wife and my brother once over WhatsApp.

Are you still on WhatsApp by the way?

I was also the one with the oxygen reading on the O2 meter where it refused to read and sometimes when it did, the readings fluctuated from 97 to 48 to even 0. Yet the same meter was reading my wife's oxygen as 99 all the time. Weird.

I will put everything on this post so you don't have to reply to many posts as I know you are a busy bee helping everyone .

I am yet to get the drops. I understand now about how this helps speed up things. 

I have included pictures of whatever I'm on. 

The Rx calciferol is included. Tried my best to capture the label as it is in a pharmacy dispenser. 

If I could order right now from iherb I would however, they do take over a month to deliver. This "reloading dose" you whipped up is helping. I'm now on day 6. However I will try to get the drops this evening from one of the pharmacies here delivered cos I have a huge tank to cart around every time I leave the house. With the hip replacements, it is difficult to lift to get into the car etc. No one at home to help either during the day.

As you are aware I was also tapering of antidepressants when the cycle started. So I unfortunately have to bring on attacks by still taking them, a giant leap of a taper cos I am trying to limit attacks. So aside from me bringing on the attacks, (I have no choice cos the withdrawal is killing me as well) I have to have some of the antidepressant in my system if I don't want to then end up in trauma. So it's a pickle of a game that's going on.

Also, because of my poor appetite, I hardly eat. Could any of the cofactors cause an ulcer? I basically have one meal a day and that supper. I'm trying to atleast have brown toast in the mornings though.

Oh had to cut the magnesium down cos it is causing cramps on the muscle around both my hip replacements and calf.

Thanks for everything batch.

I really appreciate it very much.

You take care as well.

Snowflake

IMG_20220819_101311.jpg

IMG_20220819_101214.jpg

IMG_20220819_101253.jpg

Hey Snowflake,

Thanks for the reply and photos.  Yes, I remember our WhatsApp call.  Please see your PM InBox for more details.  Getting off the antidepressants is important.  They do more harm than good.

The calciferol you're taking is actually vitamin D2 not D3.  Calciferol is the generic name for vitamin D2.  The Rx for calciferol was the hint this was the case and the photo you sent of the pill bottle confirmed my suspicion.  We've found that vitamin D2 is less effective in preventing CH, but don't let this stop you from loading with calciferol as it is far better than no vitamin D at all.  As vitamin D3 is chemically very similar to vitamin D3, it also occupies the VDR (Vitamin D Receptor) preventing cutaneous vitamin D3 your skin produces from being helpful.  You should be able to buy the Bio-Tech D3-50 through iherb.com.  If not, you can go directly to Bio-Tech Pharmacal at the following link.

https://www.pureformulas.com/brand/bio-tech-pharmacal.html?cawelaid=530005240004320953&catrk=spfid-70&caagid=2399212863&catci=kwd-20815491185%3Aloc-190&capcid=79783491151498&cadevice=c&accountid=53000524

The sooner you switch to the Bio-Tech D3-50 the better as the 25(OH)D2 will stay in blood serum for several months before it's finally replaced by 25(OH)D3.

I would also switch to magnesium oxide or magnesium glycinate as many people find the magnesium citrate you're taking acts as a potent laxative.   The rest of your supplements look good.

V/R, Batch

2 minutes ago, xxx said:

Hey Snowflake,

Thanks for the reply and photos.  Yes, I remember our WhatsApp call.  Please see your PM InBox for more details.  Getting off the antidepressants is important.  They do more harm than good.

The calciferol you're taking is actually vitamin D2 not D3.  Calciferol is the generic name for vitamin D2.  The Rx for calciferol was the hint this was the case and the photo you sent of the pill bottle confirmed my suspicion.  We've found that vitamin D2 is less effective in preventing CH, but don't let this stop you from loading with calciferol as it is far better than no vitamin D at all.  As vitamin D3 is chemically very similar to vitamin D3, it also occupies the VDR (Vitamin D Receptor) preventing cutaneous vitamin D3 your skin produces from being helpful.  You should be able to buy the Bio-Tech D3-50 through iherb.com.  If not, you can go directly to Bio-Tech Pharmacal at the following link.

https://www.pureformulas.com/brand/bio-tech-pharmacal.html?cawelaid=530005240004320953&catrk=spfid-70&caagid=2399212863&catci=kwd-20815491185%3Aloc-190&capcid=79783491151498&cadevice=c&accountid=53000524

The sooner you switch to the Bio-Tech D3-50 the better as the 25(OH)D2 will stay in blood serum for several months before it's finally replaced by 25(OH)D3.

I would also switch to magnesium oxide or magnesium glycinate as many people find the magnesium citrate you're taking acts as a potent laxative.   The rest of your supplements look good.

V/R, Batch

Hi Batch

Wow I can't imagine that even the neurologist called this D3 along with the pharmacy. 

I will get right on it with bio-tech. I think iherb should be ok. Will ask them to try to do a speed delivery.

Just got to head out. Will pm you as soon as I get a chance. Busy day for me today.

Thanks so much for letting me know.

Keep well. Will chat on WhatsApp soon

Snowflake 

Just to make sure.  Ergocalciferol is vitamin D2 and Cholecalciferol is vitamin D3.  If you can confirm you have Cholecalciferol, you're good to go.  That said, Ergocalciferol is usually only available by prescription.

4 hours ago, xxx said:

Just to make sure.  Ergocalciferol is vitamin D2 and Cholecalciferol is vitamin D3.  If you can confirm you have Cholecalciferol, you're good to go.  That said, Ergocalciferol is usually only available by prescription.

Ok I will check with the pharmacy. Sorry batch it's been a hectic morning. Got hit every 2 hours yesterday to the minute. But attacks lasted not more that 15 minutes. The pain was manageable whilst using o2.

By the end of yesterday, my chest was sore from all the breathing during the attacks which also left me extremely exhausted. I wanted a full night sleep so I took 3 prednisone and a Dopaqual 150mg which knocked me out. Nevertheless, I woke up at 7.40am with an attack arriving. Nothing too bad. Aborted in 7mins.

I then had a busy day today whilst trying to communicate with you. I'm sorry. My phone did ring while I was in the bath. 

So the signal is right, and the number is working. I was unable to take you call at that time. Thereafter, I had to rush cos I had many appointments to get to, which had been scheduled long ago. Nothing medically. It was for the wife. Infact I'm still not done, cos I dropped her off and came home. I hit a speed bump on the road and even though I had seatbelts around the tank, in came flying forward landing upside down in my car. Didn't see the bump cos the paint was faded and it's an area I haven't been to before. So put in the hazards and went to secure the tank again. Also probably damaged underneath as I heard and felt the undercarriage grating the bump at 60kmph. 

Luckily it wasn't worse. I would hate to take someone else's life instead of my own. 

That being said. I never had any attacks since the am one. Cos I find that when I'm stressed or in the move, I don't get any hits. Only when I'm relaxed. Alot of Cher's will agree with that I guess.

I will contact you as soon as I have a chance. I'm sorry I missed your calls. Also I need to check the time zones before so I know when youre in the am. 

Gonna phone the pharmacy now to double check as per your response which I'm so greatfull for. 

I promise to have a one in one with you to explain what's really going on as I cannot post on here.

Until then, thanks my dear dear friend. You are just such a gem.

Snowflake

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/17/2022 at 5:18 PM, xxx said:

Hey Snowflake,

kHC7PkK.jpg

Still need some answers.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

Greetings Family,

Update as promised.

So I followed the" Reloading dose, however I was hit with "slapbacks" (Nothing that O2 couldn't handle.) They were manageable and aborted at an average of 10 to 15 mins.

I also, instead of going 12 days with the reload, I did it for 14 days along with the co-factors and some help of prednisone at low doses.

At day 7, I was hit every 2 hours, throughout the day. and about 2 attacks per night.

After that it began slowing down and well, I know we all hate to count our chickens before they hatch, I'm pain free for 2 days and night so far. Still staying away from triggers to be safe also.

I find also that if i'm busy, I don't get the attacks. the moment I put my feet up to rest, it was getting me. Weird.

So for me, the D3 Reload hopefully shoved him back into his cage. I'm maintaining the regimen now and will continue to do so.

The only thing waking me up at night is nasty leg cramps. Usually at the front arch of the ankle. Awkward place and i Just put some salt under my tongue, and it goes away after about 7 minutes. Not sure if the magnesium is causing that but I am on the Magnesium Gycinate so trying to adjust the dose on that one to see how to stop the cramps.

Aside from that, I feel great once again thanks to Batch aka @xxx, @BoscoPiko, @spiny

Regarding the intake of O2. I don't know if this is placebo effect or if it is really aborting faster than usual when I changed the technique.

I only open the regulator to 8 liters per minute. Let the bag fill. Lift my tongue to touch my pallet and then breath in through my mouth. Maybe it enters quicker like sublingual medication? Not sure. I then hold the O2 for a few seconds until the bag fills again (since its on 8 liters per minute it give me time to hold the oxygen in my lung. I exhale and repeat. I found that by doing it this way, the attack stops faster and you also save on the tank itself. I also cup the side of my head with my hand and massage it whilst doing this. The catch here is that when you know he is around even before the pain hits, you got to let the pain start for about 3 to 4 minutes for this to be effective. As i found that if you take O2 too early, it take a little longer to abort and you in store for another attach in about 2 hours time.

This is of course for day time attacks as it is difficult to catch nocturnal attacks the same way. This method is the most effective for me, so i thought I would share it and hope that it works for you guys.

Regarding migraines

My brother suffers bad with them so i also put him on this loading schedule. I am pleased to say that it has almost stopped them from coming as he is still towards the end of the loading dose. In fact i mentioned it to 2 people who got the same relief. Just got to be patient and disciplined regarding the regimen I guess.

I am so grateful for all the help and guidance I get from Batch and everyone in this group. The research you all have put in on the files section is really so interesting.

I used to want help instantly like most of us here and out of haste do stupid things. But after a lot of reading on here I got all my answers. Its kinda like much needed ammunition.

So this is my update so far. Thanks to everyone that supported me and steered me in the right direction. Wish I could meet you all. You guys ROCK!!!

Kind Regards and pain free wishes always

Snowflake

• Like 3

I am thrilled for your relief Snowflake! It is lovely to read that some migraineurs are benefitting as well.

I have a question, based on your pic. It shows a bottle of Magnesium Glycinate and one of Calcium Magnesium Citrate. Are you taking both? That may be the issue with your cramps. Two of the Glycinate would be a full daily dose I think, based on 400mg tabs in there. Just checking! 

33 minutes ago, spiny said:

I am thrilled for your relief Snowflake! It is lovely to read that some migraineurs are benefitting as well.

I have a question, based on your pic. It shows a bottle of Magnesium Glycinate and one of Calcium Magnesium Citrate. Are you taking both? That may be the issue with your cramps. Two of the Glycinate would be a full daily dose I think, based on 400mg tabs in there. Just checking! 

Hey @spiny

Hope you are well.

THank you!

I stopped the calcium magnesium citrate and taking 400mg of the magnesium glycinate when the cramps were bad. Since then, it seems to be subsiding. I just finished placing an order on iherb for more D3 the Biotech one as well as all the cofactors. Should arrive by mid October. 

THank's again my friend

well wishes

Snowflake 

• Like 1

Hi there Mariana,

Welcome and nice to meet you.

Regarding the D3 regimen, I have also had the same experience initially. However last season and this season I decided to give it a chance and for me it really made such a huge difference in the frequency and intensity of the attacks. From someone that had been getting hits every 2 hours day and night to 2 mild attacks a night only which I aborted with oxygen, it's given me my life back. With the proper dosages and cofactors it really does wonders. Our humble friend @xxx aka batch has developed this regimen and he can guide you further. Also have a look at the files section, there's tons of information on it and it will also guide you as you go along. Wishing you well and I have alot of faith in this regimen. Once it starts working, you will be amazed at the results. Also make sure you have O2 on standby and work on your breathing techniques and you will be just fine. 

Pain free wishes always

Snowflake 

• Like 3

Thanks a lot @Snowflake; i´ll take a look at the information section. How long did it take for you to pass that first phase with the D3 regimen?

I´ve been free for a few months, but this last episode really scared me. I had only 5 yesterday, 2 today, but I have a phantom pain that is not going away. The only thing different in my day was starting taking D3. So I assume htat was the trigger. 

I was wondering if it was worth it, so thanks a lot for sharing your experience with me.

:)

M.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mariana said:

Thanks a lot @Snowflake; i´ll take a look at the information section. How long did it take for you to pass that first phase with the D3 regimen?

I´ve been free for a few months, but this last episode really scared me. I had only 5 yesterday, 2 today, but I have a phantom pain that is not going away. The only thing different in my day was starting taking D3. So I assume htat was the trigger. 

I was wondering if it was worth it, so thanks a lot for sharing your experience with me.

:)

M.

Hey Mariana,

It's my pleasure.

With regards to the "phantom pain" I also get those. It lingers the entire day at a mild level. Causing stress and anxiety like it gonna start an attack. All the pain meds or antiinflammatory meds will not get rid of it. However, what I found is that when I took O2 for a short while that pain disappears. Feels like the clutches have released from the side of your head. Give that a try. 

If you search on my alias here you will find all my posts and like you, I started of not knowing much about treatment and this site has taught me patience and how to cope. You will also read that I was very hasty in trying to get relief as quick as I could. Oh and that I tried alot of stuff along the way out of desperation including dangerous procedures and the use of pharmaceutical drugs that left me with 2 hip replacements.

I experimented alot and some times I ended up worse to begin with.

Let's start with O2. My very first experience I thought it would work the moment I put the mask on. Then gave up on it. However after alot of encouragement and advise from this group I started on it again and it worked. Then I played around with the flow rate and adjusted my breathing techniques to now where I finally found a way to abort day time attacks in a matter of 4 to 5 mins or less using a low flow rate of as little as 8 litres per minute. As mentioned on previous posts, when you find that an attack is starting, you have to let it start at least 2 to 3 mins. Then head in for O2. Using the non-rebreather mask, I set the regulator to 8lpm. Let the bag fill up. Pull the O2 through your mouth with your tongue touching your upper palette. Hold the O2 in you lung till the bag fills up. You will still feel like the attack is going to get worse but it won't. For comfort during this time, cup the affected side of your head with you hand whilst doing this and slowly apply pressure and massage that area in circular motions. Exhale one the bag fills up and repeat. You will find that you will stop the attack much faster and also save on O2. Leaving the tank at 8ltpm, is kind of like a timer of how long you should hold the oxygen in your lung before exhaling. Of course this won't be the case for nocturnal attacks since they are difficult to catch. So for those, do the norm of 15 to 20lpm and remember as difficult and as painful as the attack is at that moment, you have to try to focus on trying to hold as much O2 in your lung as possible for as long as possible and keep telling yourself that it's going to release just now. Try to focus on a happy place. I know it's really hard to at that moment but I found that if I force myself to try to be calmer, the quicker I get relief. I picture being in a boat in the middle of the ocean with dolphins swimming past. Lol. I always have that image and it does help me during O2 treatment. 

I think we all can agree that as a rule of thumb: Always have O2 wherever you are during cycle.

Regarding the D3

I think I'm like a 3rd year student of Mr @xxx.

The reason I say this is cos I didn't do it right the 1st time.

But after having grusome attacks every 2 hours for the whole of 2019, I had no other choice since non of the other remedies on here helped me.

The first thing I think you should do is bloods. Check where your D3 is sitting at. The first time I checked mine, it was at a shocking 18. Explained why my attacks were so frequent and so so painful that I almost peeled the skin of my forehead on the affected side.

After loading as per the schedule, it climbed to 40 after 3 weeks. Then 80 in another 3 weeks. Sure I was still getting attacks but it was too few to mention during the loading. There were a few days where I did have what you may call "slapback" attacks which were painful but always keep your eye on the ball so to speak. 

So once you get your d3 levels tested, check what it is at. My guess is that it is very low. Then work on trying to bring it up and never forget to take the regimen every day. Including the cofactors as they also play a very important role including proper absorption of the D3. 

I strongly recommend that you get in touch with @xxx, as he will guide you on specifics and dosages etc also as mentioned previously, its on the files section. Print it like I did. Highlight as you read through and trust me, you won't go wrong.

So I don't thing that the D3 brought on that attack. I think you should persevere and make sure you do your bloods. Get your number and take it from there. Cos it is the starting point.

unfortunately, we have to be patient and let the regimen start to work. There is no quick fix as much as we wish there was. But like I said, keep your eye on the ball. Once you know where you want to be, you will know when you want to start. I strongly believe that you can do this!!

Take care and best wishes

Snowflake 

• Like 3