ClusterBusters
Sign in to follow this  
AlexItalian

How many of you are long-terms pain free?

Hi all,

I have been pain free for almost three years since my last cluster and, before that, for other 2 years.  I have been chronic till 2010 and then, thanks to ALL of you and your magnificent job, I started to bust RC seeds and.....miracle. I can say that a total of 2  months  clusters in 5 years is an incredible success. Also, I am able to abort the 99% of attacks with oxygen and only 2/3 of them are around Kip8.

But, of course, now that is back I fear, like every time, to get back  at the old times, when I had 6/8 attacks daily. Every day  I ask myself: "will go away once again, or this time will  last forever?". I only do busting with RC seeds (sometimes 25 of them, other times 40/80....upon necessity)  and never did a particular treatment with integrator  (no D3 regimen).  So,  knowing very well that many of you are not as lucky as I am (or have been), I was wondering  "how many of you have or have had years or long periods of remission"?

Best to all of you  :)

Mostly - over 5 years pain free.  Accept a couple of times I didn't take my proper preventative dose.  My CH came back and I had to go through the complete busting regimen to get my CH put back in the box. :)

J

Hey AlexItalian

I am getting incredible results from being on the D3 regimen.

I strongly advise you to give it a try. Keep a headache diary and track your results.

Let me know if it works for you too.

Take care

Pete M

As long as I follow my preventative schedule I am PF 6+ years.  I tried to press my luck on the schedule(extended my MM bust a couple months) about 3 years ago and got the Sh-t kicked out of me in back to back cycles(I am episodic).  WONT make that mistake again.  I have said it before and I will say it again.  This site and the people here saved my life!  Not to mention the good doctor in Boston :)

Thank you all for your feedback :)

I have also started the 3d regimen (felt a bit "softer" and dizzy though).

Will keep you posted :)

Ajax,

Spot on brother!  I did the same a few times.  NEVER again.  I'm PF with 1 dose every 2 months.  Never again will I try to extend it longer.  The beast gets crazy when he's away for so long and is allowed to come back... ;) 

J