food sensitivity

hickory

Since I started this last cycle almost two months ago, triggered by MSG, I’ve been ultra sensitive to so many foods. I have to be very careful not to have any foods containing MSG. it’s in so many foods even organic foods that claim there’s no MSG in it. They call it something else like hydrolyzed yeast or natural flavor. “Natural flavor” is in so many foods. Sure it naturally forms during food processing so they take advantage of that and label it something else. I guess it’s to make their foods taste better than the competitions. If it doesn’t contain MSG it probably has Tyromine in it, found in wine, aged cheese, fermented foods, dried foods, as well as ripe foods like avocados, bananas, berries and beans. Food that sits in the fridge to long builds Tyromine, like leftovers. I’ve been eating foods that have been frozen soon after harvest like plain chicken and fish. Rice and fresh eggs, from my chickens, has been the mainstay of my diet for months now. If I slipup or try something I’m not sure of my nights are much more painful. Does any one else have these problems? Peace Hickory

My son is a chronic clusterhead for the last five years now.  Food sensitivity plays a role for him as well.  What I learned is that when he eats foods that he is sensitive to, his body produces histamine which is a trigger for clusters.  We are using benadryl, zyrtec to suppress the histamine reaction, and Omega 3 and acidophilus to improve his digestive health.  This does seem to be helping.  Staying away from these foods is most important, but sometimes things are hidden.  Being so sensitive to so many foods does limit his choices and that is difficult for a child of 18.  Here is a link to a website that helped me understand this process better: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=faq&dbid=30. 

He had a special blood panel done a few years back through immuno labs (www.immunolabs.com) that helped to pinpoint all his food sensitivities.  It was very accurate.  His neurologist had never heard of such a thing.  Some may call this horsehockey, but after detoxing him from all prescription meds, and using the test results as a guide, we have made significant progress on our own. 

He still gets clusters and is benefitting from the clusterbuster treatment as well, but what we have found is that these food sensitivity headaches are in a completely different ball park, and must be handled separately from the clusters (even though they present with all the same symptoms, they do not respond to the clusterbuster treatment, or traditional cluster abortives.)

I wish you well.