O2 Masks

Mad6string

A little piece of info that I found works great for the non-rebreather mask. The bag that comes attached to the bottom of the mask is too small. If some might notice, when you're in the middle of a difficult hit and you're sucking o2 like crazy, you tend to run the bag dry, even if you have your regulator wide open. You can replace that bag with a bigger one. All you have to do is pull the old one off, get a one gallon sandwich bag or a bag of your choice and replace it. I used the bag that my news paper comes in. You can attach it using a rubber band to hold it on. The result is more capacity for o2. You can take deeper breaths for as long as you need to. Be sure to let the bag fill before you start huffing. Also be sure that your bag is really held on tight by the rubber band. That way it doesn't blow off when it gets full. Aborts come alot quicker if you take as deep of breaths as you can. These bags allow you to do that. Works like a charm.  ;)

Mad6string

I agree with you Donnie.  The bag is an overlooked, but important component of the non-rebreather mask.  I use a gallon size freezer bag attached, as you said, with a rubber band.  It allows you to have plenty of "breathing room." 

I usually try to see that I have at least a half-gallon of O2 in the bag for the next hit.  This also allows you to adjust your regulator up or down without losing any oxygen.  The whole point of high flow oxygen therapy is to have what you are breathing as close to pure O2 as possible.

bobb