Food

Nutter

Thanks for the replies and advice folks. I think I may hold off and see if can shift cycle this first before asking to try antidepressants unless I seem to have gone chronic. IÂ’ll know in another few weeks as I usually get 6 week cycles.

I was hoping to reply with some good news but nothing is shifting this one. Tried everything from several fair doses of shrooms, lsd, caffeine drinks and ginger. Nothing seems to work. Had some success on the minor shadows but thatÂ’s all. 3 weeks in now and exhausted.

This lack of sleep is ridiculous I wake every 2 hours without fail even if I take sleeping pills like Zopiclone or Nitrazipam which I found tucked away in the medicine box from last cycle.

The weather here has been abysmal for the time of year (even by Scottish standards) which doesnÂ’t help at all.

I have been trying to get a decent flow valve from the NHS but getting nowhere and I canÂ’t afford to buy one as IÂ’m not working just now. The doc wouldnÂ’t even prescribe me melatonin to try. ItÂ’s getting to the point that if I could get my hands on Rohypnol IÂ’d even try that to get some unhindered sleep.

I tried to drink myself blind last weekend to knock myself out but the alcohol just triggered another bad one after 2 beers [ch61516].

Been looking into what to eat or not eat during cycles, seems I canÂ’t eat anything thatÂ’s not a trigger. ThereÂ’s a lot of confusing advice about vasodilators, histamines. DonÂ’t eat eggs, fish, broccoli, nuts, lettuce, chicken, tomatoes, cheese, cured meats, preserves, canned soup, peas, beer, chocolate and wine. IÂ’ll just starve to death then. lol. What on earth can I eat?

Hope the next post contains some good news.

• 5 months later...

I wrote a piece not to long ago regarding food.  Tyramine has been an area I've explored regarding its buildup in foods that have absolutely triggered my headaches. 

There are foods I stay away from that have helped me not get the excruciating headaches. 

I believe there is a relationship between the gut and brain. 

For me it was trial and error regarding what I ate and getting a headache.  A painful process to go through but it led to a more pain free life.  I still have issues, but its something I contribute to by reintroducing foods back into my diet. 

The motivation to not eat certain foods is advoiding pain. 

What works for me might not be a solution for you, but I feel it's worth it when we deal in pain.

The post I wrote was my 8 year journey to find answers.

Don't overlook food, as a trigger.

I'm here if you need me.

MikeSal

Nutter,

I don't know what your O2 setup is, but you can modify it to get high flow. If you have a reservoir bag, disconnect it and tape on a large trash bag (unscented) to the now open orifice for the bag. Then, cut a small hole in a corner and put the tubing into it. Tape it shut tightly. Let the bag fill up most of the way and then start hyperventilating. (While the bag is filling, slam some caffeine) The large bag will allow this. Breath in deep and exhale all the Co2 with force. Repeat. The pain will tend to cause hyperventilating anyway. Continue this breathing - deep and exhale with force - till the pain recedes. Then resume normal breathing (it will feel right to slow down at this point because the pain is less or gone. Stay on the O2 for as long as it took to kill the hit after the hit is gone. This helps to avoid a quick return hit.

Also, 'chronic' means that you have less than 2 or 4 weeks PF for a year. Cycles grow or shrink as the beast sees fit. If your cycle continues for longer than normal does not mean you are chronic, just that the beast is being a beast! >:(

Are you waiting 5 days between doses? Are you taking meds that interfere with dosing? But of these can affect the busting results.

So sorry you are having such a rough time. :'(

spiny