Been gone awhile, please catch me up

Hello all.  I was a member here years ago.  My clusters began when I was 15.  Around d age 43, they stopped coming.  I had read how some people grow out of them later in life when their hormones change and assumed I was one of the lucky ones but after flying to florida last month that, I got hit again.  It's been 5 weeks so far.

My question is, I was wondering if anything new has been learned like why they target of e eye or what is actually going on inside when these hit.

I'm back on the o2 and have imitrex in case I'm out somewhere or can't get to the oxygen on time.  Last time I was here, mushrooms were the latest.  The tea made my cluster worse.

Any new info out there?

sidenote.  I'm a much healthier eater than I was a decade ago.  No grains, mostly veggies with a small.portion of protein  (usually Chicken or steak)

I don't know what's new in terms of causation.  Nothing that has made a difference in pharmaceutical treatments. (Some promising clinical trials, including one at Yale of psilocybin.)  New in terms of "citizen science" treatment -- the D3 regimen (see ClusterBuster Files section of this board) has been very positive; maybe it's new that you can split your trex injections from an autoinjector (also in CB Files section, on page 2 I think, title is "Extending Imitrex"); and Batch strongly believes that allergies affect CH, so he recommends Benadryl 3x/day at 25mg and nighttime at 50mg.  Razor posted the other day about B1 being very helpful to him, but that's the first I've heard of that.

When you say the mushroom tea made your cluster worse -- if that was for one or two days after a dose, it could have been "slapbacks," which typically are a sign that dosing is working. I don't know how well that was understood last time you were here.  I have to say that in my 8 years of reading posts here, I've never seen anyone report that M dosing made attacks worse over the long run. Slapbacks car be very rough, but they tend to lead to ultimately good results (or no good results, but no worse ones).  Not challenging what you're saying, just wondering.  

• Like 1