Weaning off Verapamil

FunTimes

Curious to know how others felt weaning off of verapamil. I dont know that is was helping much so I started to wean myself off from 480 a day and now down to not taking it at all. each time i stepped it down I think I got a few extra clusters a day but they leveled out fast enough.  Now that I do not take any at all I am getting up around 6 clusters a day. This has only been the last 2 days, I took my last verapamill on Saturday and was fine without it for about 4 days, when I say fine that is 1 or 2 clusters a day. I do not want to take any more pills then I need to and I am on the D3 so that alone is enough to swallow in a day. the fact that I am now getting hit more often could be the last of the verap is now out of my system. It could also be "just because". Has anyone else noticed any change when weaning off like this? 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

My GP cut mine in half from 480 day and that set off an episode of HA. After hat I was weened of over a month or two  and had no Cluster for over two years.

I am 60 now though and my Neurologist tells me the episodes I have tend to stop between age 60-70.