Computer help....

hugheser3

So, I work in IT which requires hours of staring a computer screen each day.  Wondering if anyone has any tips or information on any types of glasses that could be used to help.  I notice that by the end of the day, I can't really see and my headaches progressively get more intense.  Sorry if this has already been discussed - new here, so starting from scratch.  Thanks everyone!

Hi hugeser,

I work in IT as well, spending most of the time behind a computer screen.

The most important is filter out the blue light and make your screen less bright. There are several applications that can do that. I use "CareUEyes" which is very good.  It's shareware and cost something like 3 € for a lifetime license. There are several modes available but you can set it as your liking. 5000 K for blue light and 80 % brightness is a good average that works very well for me.

Just a question... are you suffering from cluster headaches or migraine ? I have both and while this was a very big trigger for migraine attacks, I have not the impression it has any influence for my cluster headaches or shadows. 

Best Regards !

siegfried

Hey hugeser, hey Siegfried,

same problem here. I am suffering from CH and I would say that working in front of the screen during the whole day is one of my biggest triggers.

I am using Ubuntu which provides the blue filter as an internal option (I guess this is also applicable in the windows settings).  Optionally, I recommend the free software "redshift".

If you often have dry eyes, you could try to supplement omega-3. I am taking one capsule every morning and evening (total amount 400 mg EPA, 300 mg DHA) which also helps me a lot with the CH!! The vegan algae oil works best for me!!

I also recommend you to do a small break every 30 - 45 minutes. If it is possible, let your eyes wander over green landscapes for 3-5 minutes.

If your eyes are quite red, you also can use eyebright extract for 2 weeks. This will get rid of the inflammation.

Cheers, Milelli

Thanks everyone!  Much appreciated.  Just made the blue light settings changes to my PC, so we shall see how that goes.  Of course, I have to share my screen a lot during meetings so I will just need to keep switching it back and forth.  

I actually suffer from both migraine and cluster - been the past two years the migraines have come on and just getting worse.