oxygen

greg

you can most likely get oxygen in the town you are flying to for the 2 weeks you are away. as long as you have a copy of your script you should call around and find a company that will set you up. you may need to go pick it up but some will even deliver it to you hotel.  

On 5/26/2019 at 12:41 AM, Dave D said:

Greg,

25 year sufferer of CH here...  O2 is the only cure I've ever had. Thanks to a willing general practitioner I met 10 years ago who wrote me a prescription  and worked with my insurance company,  I was able to discover how wonderful it was. She has since moved away and my CH have gone away and come back, and it is a bit of a hassle to try to find understanding and knowledgeable doctors willing to help.  The first thing they want to do is prescribe migraine drugs that do nothing and sometimes make CHs worse. 

CHs came back last week and rather than bothering with the prescription/insurance/rental route,  I went on craigslist and found several affordable resale oxygen concentrators for sale.  I'm one of the fortunate ones that have found success with O2 concentrators.  10-15ml is ideal,  but they are expensive.  I purchased a 5ml concentrator today and have already used it with success.   I have a technique that I use that cures my CH even with lower ml rates.   My advice is if you can afford it ($250-500),  try CRAIGSLIST.

hope you find CH peace. 

Dave 

Thanks for the the resale oxygen advice.  I've been denied by my insurance and cannot ever seem to buy anything out-of-pocket like other people here.  I used to be lucky enough to rely on triptans which I had a great supply of, but toward the end of my cycle last year I seem to have developed a bad reaction to them (trouble swallowing, increased heartbeat and all of the other call 911 style contraindications you read about in the small print). 

Cycle started again like clock-work and I'm excited to see if Oxygen can help out. 

'96,  

Suggest you get a sense of all your options.  O2 is essential, but other strategies, like the D3 regimen and busting, can also make a big difference.  Please see this file: https://clusterbusters.org/forums/topic/6213-basic-non-busting-information/

Note that Dave D says, "I'm one of the fortunate ones that have found success with O2 concentrators." Most people don't get real success with concentrators. In the file above, you can learn about (and further link to) welding O2 information.  You shouldn't be denied by your insurance (unless it's Medicare, Medicaid, or another government program, which won't pay for O2 for CH), but welding is a good way to go.

• Like 1

Batch, Thanks tons for steering me in this direction.

fyi my level was 17, so am on 10k of d3 plus the others in regimen except for super k,

will get that tomorrow. Finally getting medical 15 liter o2 from a "angel" provider down south,

so won't need the industrial tanks I ordered. Any tips for flying? will have the right ear plugs, nasal spray sumatriptan and that's it. Again thanks. g

CH father thanks for all, once back home and on my 15 liter tank and having

a month of the new vitamin d anti inflammatory regimen, hoping for better results.

If cycle still persists, [to date 4 1/2 months],  will inquire about busting.

Thanks to all for advice and support.

g